Why Low Inequality Spurs Growth: Savings and Investment by the Poor
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nancy Birdsall & Thomas C. Pinckney & Richard H. Sabot, 1996. "Why Low Inequality Spurs Growth: Savings and Investment by the Poor," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6069, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Nancy Birdsall & Thomas C. Pinckney & Richard H. Sabot, 1996. "Why Low Inequality Spurs Growth: Savings and Investment by the Poor," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6070, Inter-American Development Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhalla, Surjit S., 1978. "The role of sources of income and investment opportunities in rural savings," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 259-281, September.
- Clarke, George R. G., 1995. "More evidence on income distribution and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 403-427, August.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1995. "Consumption Insurance: An Evaluation of Risk-Bearing Systems in Low-Income Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 83-102, Summer.
- Paxson, Christina H, 1992. "Using Weather Variability to Estimate the Response of Savings to Transitory Income in Thailand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 15-33, March.
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1994. "The Political Economy of Growth: A Critical Survey of the Recent Literature," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(3), pages 351-371, September.
- Deaton, Angus, 1992. "Understanding Consumption," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288244.
- Jacoby, Hanan G, 1994. "Borrowing Constraints and Progress through School: Evidence from Peru," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 151-160, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:4034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felipe Herrera Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iadbbus.html .