Linking the economics of water, energy, and food: A nexus modeling approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berck, Peter & Robinson, Sherman & Goldman, George E, 1990.
"The use of computable general equilibrium models to assess water policies,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt082465zv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Berck, Peter & Robinson, Sherman & Goldman, George E., 1990. "The use of computable general equilibrium models to assess water policies," CUDARE Working Papers 43668, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Goodman, D. Jay, 2000. "More Reservoirs Or Transfers? A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis Of Projected Water Shortages In The Arkansas River Basin," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 1-16, December.
- Seung, Chang K. & Englin, Jeffrey E. & Harris, Thomas R., 1997. "Application of Computable General Equilibrium Model to Derive Impacts of Surface Water Reallocation Policy," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\ Sparks, Nevada 35841, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Mondal, Md. Alam Hossain & Kennedy, Scott & Mezher, Toufic, 2014. "Long-term optimization of United Arab Emirates energy future: Policy implications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 466-474.
- Rao, N. H. & Sarma, P. B. S. & Chander, Subhash, 1988. "A simple dated water-production function for use in irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 25-32, April.
- AydIn, Levent & Acar, Mustafa, 2011. "Economic impact of oil price shocks on the Turkish economy in the coming decades: A dynamic CGE analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1722-1731, March.
- Vandyck, Toon & Van Regemorter, Denise, 2014.
"Distributional and regional economic impact of energy taxes in Belgium,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 190-203.
- Vandyck, Toon, 2013. "Efficiency and equity aspects of energy taxation," EUROMOD Working Papers EM12/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Toon Vandyck, 2013. "Efficiency and equity aspects of energy taxation," ERSA conference papers ersa13p945, European Regional Science Association.
- Osman, Rehab & Ferrari, Emanuele & McDonald, Scott, 2015. "Water Quality Assessment SAM/CGE and Satellite Accounts Integrated Framework," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204291, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Labriet, Maryse & Loulou, Richard & Waaub, Jean-Philippe, 2008. "The role of nuclear energy in long-term climate scenarios: An analysis with the World-TIMES model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2296-2307, July.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Palazzo, Amanda & Gray, Ian & Ingersoll, Christina & Robertson, Richard & Tokgoz, Simla & Zhu, Tingju & Sulser, Timothy B. & Ringler, Claudia & Msangi, Siwa & , 2010. "Food security, farming, and climate change to 2050: Scenarios, results, policy options," Research reports Gerald C. Nelson, et al., International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Seung, Chang K. & Harris, Thomas R. & MacDiarmid, Thomas R. & Shaw, W. Douglass, 1998. "Economic Impacts of Water Reallocation: A CGE Analysis for Walker River Basin of Nevada and California," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 28(2), pages 1-22.
- Xinshen Diao & Ariel Dinar & Terry Roe & Yacov Tsur, 2008.
"A general equilibrium analysis of conjunctive ground and surface water use with an application to Morocco,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(2), pages 117-135, March.
- Diao, Xinshen & Dinar, Ariel & Roe, Terry L. & Tsur, Yacov, 2007. "A General Equilibrium Analysis Of Conjunctive Ground And Surface Water Use With An Application To Morocco," Discussion Papers 7143, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Dixon, Peter B., 1990. "A general equilibrium approach to public utility pricing: determining prices for a water authority," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 745-767.
- von Braun, Joachim & Gerber, Nicolas & Mirzabaev, Alisher & Nkonya, Ephraim M., 2013. "The Economics of Land Degradation," Working Papers 147910, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Dorte Verner & Clemens Breisinger, 2013. "Economics of Climate Change in the Arab World : Case Studies from the Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, and the Republic of Yemen," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13124, December.
- Noelwah R. Netusil & Thomas R. Harris & Chang K. Seung & Jeffrey E. Englin, 2000. "Impacts of water reallocation: A combined computable general equilibrium and recreation demand model approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(4), pages 473-487.
- Claudia Ringler & Dirk Willenbockel & Nicostrato Perez & Mark Rosegrant & Tingju Zhu & Nathanial Matthews, 2016. "Global linkages among energy, food and water: an economic assessment," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 161-171, March.
- Chang K. Seung & Thomas R. Harris & Jeffrey E. Eglin & Noelwah R. Netusil, 1999. "Application of a Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Model to Evaluate Surface Water Reallocation Policies," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 29(2), pages 139-155, Fall.
- Nielsen, Thea & Schunemann, Franziska & McNulty, Emily & Zeller, Manfred & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Kato, Edward & Meyer, Stefan & Anderson, Weston & Zhu, Tingju & Queface, Antonio & Mapemba, Lawrence, 2015. "The food-energy-water security nexus: Definitions, policies, and methods in an application to Malawi and Mozambique:," IFPRI discussion papers 1480, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Conway, Declan & Archer van Garderen, Emma & Deryng, Delphine & Dorling, Steve & Krueger, Tobias & Landman, Willem & Lankford, Bruce & Lebek, Karen & Osborn, Tim & Ringler, Claudia & Thurlow, James & , 2015. "Climate and southern Africa's water–energy–food nexus," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Al-Riffai, Perrihan & Breisinger, Clemens & Verner, Dorte & Zhu, Tingju, 2012. "Droughts in Syria: An Assessment of Impacts and Options for Improving the Resilience of the Poor," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 51(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Philip Watson & Stephen Davies, 2011. "Modeling the effects of population growth on water resources: a CGE analysis of the South Platte River Basin in Colorado," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(2), pages 331-348, April.
- Martinsen, Thomas, 2011. "Introducing technology learning for energy technologies in a national CGE model through soft links to global and national energy models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3327-3336, June.
- Solaymani, Saeed & Kari, Fatimah, 2014. "Impacts of energy subsidy reform on the Malaysian economy and transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 115-125.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grethe, H. & Siddig, K. & Stepanyan, D. & Zhu, T. & Wiebelt, M., 2018. "Beyond mean rainfall and temperature changes: distributional effects of stochastic yield variability in the Sudan," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275903, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mondal, Md. Alam Hossain & Ringler, Claudia & Al-Riffai, Perrihan & Eldidi, Hagar & Breisinger, Clemens & Wiebelt, Manfred, 2019. "Long-term optimization of Egypt’s power sector: Policy implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 1063-1073.
More about this item
KeywordsEGYPT; ARAB COUNTRIES; MIDDLE EAST; NORTH AFRICA; AFRICA; ETHIOPIA; SUDAN; sustainable development; socioeconomic development; food security; models; water; energy; computable general equilibrium (CGE) models; MARKAL/TIMES model; dynamic computable general equilibrium (DCGE);
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-04-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2018-04-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-04-09 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:menawp:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.