Linking the economics of water, energy, and food: A nexus modeling approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berck, Peter & Robinson, Sherman & Goldman, George E, 1990.
"The use of computable general equilibrium models to assess water policies,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt082465zv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Berck, Peter & Robinson, Sherman & Goldman, George E., 1990. "The use of computable general equilibrium models to assess water policies," CUDARE Working Papers 43668, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Goodman, D. Jay, 2000. "More Reservoirs Or Transfers? A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis Of Projected Water Shortages In The Arkansas River Basin," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 1-16, December.
- Seung, Chang K. & Englin, Jeffrey E. & Harris, Thomas R., 1997. "Application of Computable General Equilibrium Model to Derive Impacts of Surface Water Reallocation Policy," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\ Sparks, Nevada 35841, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Mondal, Md. Alam Hossain & Kennedy, Scott & Mezher, Toufic, 2014. "Long-term optimization of United Arab Emirates energy future: Policy implications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 466-474.
- Arndt, Channing & Davies, Rob & Gabriel, Sherwin & Makrelov, Konstantin & Merven, Bruno & Hartley, Faaiqa & Thurlow, James, 2016. "A sequential approach to integrated energy modeling in South Africa," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 591-599.
- Rao, N. H. & Sarma, P. B. S. & Chander, Subhash, 1988. "A simple dated water-production function for use in irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 25-32, April.
- AydIn, Levent & Acar, Mustafa, 2011. "Economic impact of oil price shocks on the Turkish economy in the coming decades: A dynamic CGE analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1722-1731, March.
- Vandyck, Toon & Van Regemorter, Denise, 2014.
"Distributional and regional economic impact of energy taxes in Belgium,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 190-203.
- Vandyck, Toon, 2013. "Efficiency and equity aspects of energy taxation," EUROMOD Working Papers EM12/13, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Toon Vandyck, 2013. "Efficiency and equity aspects of energy taxation," ERSA conference papers ersa13p945, European Regional Science Association.
- Osman, Rehab & Ferrari, Emanuele & McDonald, Scott, 2015. "Water Quality Assessment SAM/CGE and Satellite Accounts Integrated Framework," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204291, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Labriet, Maryse & Loulou, Richard & Waaub, Jean-Philippe, 2008. "The role of nuclear energy in long-term climate scenarios: An analysis with the World-TIMES model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2296-2307, July.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Palazzo, Amanda & Gray, Ian & Ingersoll, Christina & Robertson, Richard & Tokgoz, Simla & Zhu, Tingju & Sulser, Timothy B. & Ringler, Claudia & Msangi, Siwa & , 2010. "Food security, farming, and climate change to 2050: Scenarios, results, policy options," Research reports Gerald C. Nelson, et al., International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Seung, Chang K. & Harris, Thomas R. & MacDiarmid, Thomas R. & Shaw, W. Douglass, 1998. "Economic Impacts of Water Reallocation: A CGE Analysis for Walker River Basin of Nevada and California," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 28(2), pages 1-22.
- Xinshen Diao & Ariel Dinar & Terry Roe & Yacov Tsur, 2008.
"A general equilibrium analysis of conjunctive ground and surface water use with an application to Morocco,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(2), pages 117-135, March.
- Diao, Xinshen & Dinar, Ariel & Roe, Terry L. & Tsur, Yacov, 2007. "A General Equilibrium Analysis Of Conjunctive Ground And Surface Water Use With An Application To Morocco," Discussion Papers 7143, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Dixon, Peter B., 1990. "A general equilibrium approach to public utility pricing: determining prices for a water authority," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 745-767.
- von Braun, Joachim & Gerber, Nicolas & Mirzabaev, Alisher & Nkonya, Ephraim M., 2013. "The Economics of Land Degradation," Working Papers 147910, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Dorte Verner & Clemens Breisinger, 2013. "Economics of Climate Change in the Arab World : Case Studies from the Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, and the Republic of Yemen," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13124, November.
- Noelwah R. Netusil & Thomas R. Harris & Chang K. Seung & Jeffrey E. Englin, 2000. "Impacts of water reallocation: A combined computable general equilibrium and recreation demand model approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(4), pages 473-487.
- Claudia Ringler & Dirk Willenbockel & Nicostrato Perez & Mark Rosegrant & Tingju Zhu & Nathanial Matthews, 2016. "Global linkages among energy, food and water: an economic assessment," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 161-171, March.
- Chang K. Seung & Thomas R. Harris & Jeffrey E. Eglin & Noelwah R. Netusil, 1999. "Application of a Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Model to Evaluate Surface Water Reallocation Policies," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 29(2), pages 139-155, Fall.
- Nielsen, Thea & Schunemann, Franziska & McNulty, Emily & Zeller, Manfred & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Kato, Edward & Meyer, Stefan & Anderson, Weston & Zhu, Tingju & Queface, Antonio & Mapemba, Lawrence, 2015. "The food-energy-water security nexus: Definitions, policies, and methods in an application to Malawi and Mozambique:," IFPRI discussion papers 1480, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Conway, Declan & Archer van Garderen, Emma & Deryng, Delphine & Dorling, Steve & Krueger, Tobias & Landman, Willem & Lankford, Bruce & Lebek, Karen & Osborn, Tim & Ringler, Claudia & Thurlow, James & , 2015. "Climate and southern Africa's water–energy–food nexus," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- De Pinto, Alessandro & Wiebe, KeithÂ D. & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2016. "Climate change and agricultural policy options: A global-to-local approach," Policy briefs 978-089629-244-4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Al-Riffai, Perrihan & Breisinger, Clemens & Verner, Dorte & Zhu, Tingju, 2012. "Droughts in Syria: An Assessment of Impacts and Options for Improving the Resilience of the Poor," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 51(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Philip Watson & Stephen Davies, 2011. "Modeling the effects of population growth on water resources: a CGE analysis of the South Platte River Basin in Colorado," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(2), pages 331-348, April.
- Martinsen, Thomas, 2011. "Introducing technology learning for energy technologies in a national CGE model through soft links to global and national energy models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3327-3336, June.
- Solaymani, Saeed & Kari, Fatimah, 2014. "Impacts of energy subsidy reform on the Malaysian economy and transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 115-125.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grethe, H. & Siddig, K. & Stepanyan, D. & Zhu, T. & Wiebelt, M., 2018. "Beyond mean rainfall and temperature changes: distributional effects of stochastic yield variability in the Sudan," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275903, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mondal, Md. Alam Hossain & Ringler, Claudia & Al-Riffai, Perrihan & Eldidi, Hagar & Breisinger, Clemens & Wiebelt, Manfred, 2019. "Long-term optimization of Egypt’s power sector: Policy implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 1063-1073.
- Ur Rehman, Syed Aziz & Cai, Yanpeng & Mirjat, Nayyar Hussain & Walasai, Gordhan Das & Nafees, Mohammad, 2019. "Energy-environment-economy nexus in Pakistan: Lessons from a PAK-TIMES model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 200-211.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chokri Thabet, 2014. "Water Policy and Poverty Reduction in Rural Area: A Comparative Economy Wide Analysis for Morocco and Tunisia," Working Papers 860, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Anne-Kathrin Faust & Camille Gonseth & Marc Vielle, 2012. "The economic impact of climate driven changes in water availability in Switzerland," EcoMod2012 4177, EcoMod.
- Magdalena ZACHLOD-JELEC & Piotr KARP, 2010. "Responses of the Polish Economy to Demand and Supply Shocks under Alternative Fiscal Rules," EcoMod2010 259600174, EcoMod.
- Pouchkarev, Igor & Spronk, Jaap & Trinidad Segovia, Juan E., 2006. "Empirical Insights on the Heterogeneity of the Spanish Stock Market/Un Análisis Empírico De La Heterogeneidad Del Mercado De Capitales Español," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 1091-1106, Diciembre.
- Hua Zhong & Michael H. Taylor & Kimberly S. Rollins & Dale T. Manning & Christopher G. Goemans, 2019. "Who pays for water scarcity? Evaluating the welfare implications of water infrastructure investments for cities," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 63(3), pages 559-600, December.
- Feng Wu & Jinyan Zhan & Qian Zhang & Zhongxiao Sun & Zhan Wang, 2014. "Evaluating Impacts of Industrial Transformation on Water Consumption in the Heihe River Basin of Northwest China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-14, November.
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & G.J.D. Hewings & E. Velázquez, 2005. "Precio del agua y relocalización del recurso en la economía andaluza. Una aproximación desde un modelo de equilibrio general aplicado," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/22, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "Economy-wide implications of direct and indirect policy interventions in the water sector: lessons from recent work and future research needs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6068, The World Bank.
- Christa D. Court & Elham Erfanian, 2019. "A Role for Regional Science in Analyzing Water Issues," Working Papers Research Paper 2019-04, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Llop, Maria, 2013. "Water reallocation in the input–output model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 21-27.
- Esther Velázquez & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2000.
"Water Price and Water Relocation in Andalusia. A Computable General Equilibrium Approach,"
Regional and Urban Modeling
- Esther Velázquez & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2007. "Water price and water reallocation in Andalusia. A computable general equilibrium approach," Working Papers 07.04, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Yerushalmi, Erez, 2012.
"Measuring the administrative water allocation mechanism and agricultural amenities,"
Economic Research Papers
270633, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Yerushalmi, Erez, 2012. "Measuring the administrative water allocation mechanism and agricultural amenities," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 992, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Mohamed A. Chemingui & Chokri Thabet, 2016. "Economy-Wide Analysis of Alternative Water Management Policies: A Comparative Analysis for Morocco and Tunisia," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(04), pages 1-27, December.
- Cardenete, Manuel Alejandro & Hewings, Geoffrey, 2011. "Water Price and Water Sectoral Reallocation in Andalusia. A Computable General Equilibrium Approach1," 2011 Conference: Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture, December 6-7, 2011, Rabat, Morocco 188124, Moroccan Association of Agricultural Economics (AMAEco).
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008.
"Water Scarcity And The Impact Of Improved Irrigation Management: A Cge Analysis,"
FNU-160, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2008.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S. J., 2008. "Water scarcity and the impact of improved irrigation management: a CGE analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1436, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Berrittella, Maria & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J., 2006.
"The Economic Impact of the South-North Water Transfer Project in China: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis,"
Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers
12021, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "The Economic Impact Of The South-North Water Transfer Project In China: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-117, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Sep 2006.
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "The Economic Impact of the South-North Water Transfer Project in China: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers 2006.154, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Byers, Steven & Cutler, Harvey & Davies, Stephen P., 2004. "Estimating Costs and Benefits of Economic Growth: A CGE-Based Study of Tax Incentives in a Rapidly Growing Region," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1-20.
- Renato Vargas & Pamela Escobar & Maynor Cabrera & Javier Cabrera & Violeta Hernández & Vivian Guzmán & Martin Cicowiez, 2017. "Climate risk and food security in Guatemala," Working Papers MPIA 2017-01, PEP-MPIA.
- Roberto Roson & Martina Sartori, 2011. "Climate Change and Virtual Water Trade in the Mediterranean," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 3, September.
- Scheierling, Susanne M., 2011. "Assessing the direct economic effects of reallocating irrigation water to alternative uses : concepts and an application," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5797, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEGYPT; ARAB COUNTRIES; MIDDLE EAST; NORTH AFRICA; AFRICA; ETHIOPIA; SUDAN; sustainable development; socioeconomic development; food security; models; water; energy; computable general equilibrium (CGE) models; MARKAL/TIMES model; dynamic computable general equilibrium (DCGE);
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-04-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2018-04-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-04-09 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:menawp:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.