Economy-wide implications of direct and indirect policy interventions in the water sector: lessons from recent work and future research needs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rashid Hassan & James Thurlow, 2011.
"Macro–micro feedback links of water management in South Africa: CGE analyses of selected policy regimes,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 235-247, March.
- Hassan, R. & Thurlow, J. & Roe, T. & Diao, X. & Chumi., S. & Tsur, Y., 2008. "Macro-micro feedback links of water management in South Africa : CGE analyses of selected policy regimes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4768, The World Bank.
- Tsur, Yacov & Dinar, Ariel & Doukkali, Rachid M. & Roe, Terry, 2004. "Irrigation water pricing: policy implications based on international comparison," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(06), pages 735-755, December.
- Goodman, D. Jay, 2000. "More Reservoirs Or Transfers? A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis Of Projected Water Shortages In The Arkansas River Basin," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(02), December.
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Roberto Roson & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "The Economic Impact Water Taxes: a Computable General Equilibrium Analysis with an International Data Set," Working Papers 2008_05, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Olga DIUKANOVA & James LENNOX, "undated". "Modelling Regional General Equilibrium Effects and Irrigation in Canterbury," EcoMod2008 23800030, EcoMod.
- Tirado, Dolores & Lozano, Javier & Gomez Gomez, Carlos Mario, 2010. "Economic regional impacts of water transfers: the role of factor mobility in a case study of the agricultural sector in the Balearic Islands," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2).
- Deborah Peterson & Gavan Dwyer & David Appels & Jane Fry, 2005. "Water Trade in the Southern Murray-Darling Basin," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages 115-127, August.
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Arjen Y. Hoekstra & Roberto Roson & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "The Economic Impact Of Restricted Water Supply: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-93, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jul 2006.
- Peterson, Deborah C. & Dwyer, Gavan & Appels, David & Fry, Jane, 2004.
"Modelling Water Trade in the Southern Murray-Darling Basin,"
Staff Working Papers
31925, Productivity Commission.
- D. Peterson & G. Dwyer & D. Appels & J. Fry, 2005. "Modelling Water Trade in the Southern Murray-Darling Basin," Urban/Regional 0506007, EconWPA.
- Adam Rose & Shu-Yi Liao, 2005. "Modeling Regional Economic Resilience to Disasters: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis of Water Service Disruptions," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 75-112.
- Strzepek, Kenneth M. & Yohe, Gary W. & Tol, Richard S.J. & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2008.
"The value of the high Aswan Dam to the Egyptian economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 117-126, May.
- Kenneth M. Strzepek & Gary W. Yohe & Richard S.J. Tol & Mark Rosegrant, 2006. "The Value Of The High Aswan Dam To The Egyptian Economy," Working Papers FNU-111, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jun 2006.
- Xinshen Diao & Ariel Dinar & Terry Roe & Yacov Tsur, 2008.
"A general equilibrium analysis of conjunctive ground and surface water use with an application to Morocco,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(2), pages 117-135, March.
- Diao, Xinshen & Dinar, Ariel & Roe, Terry L. & Tsur, Yacov, 2007. "A General Equilibrium Analysis Of Conjunctive Ground And Surface Water Use With An Application To Morocco," Discussion Papers 7143, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Roe, Terry & Dinar, Ariel & Tsur, Yacov & Xinshen Diao, 2005. "Feedback links between economy-wide and farm-level policies : application to irrigation water management in Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3550, The World Bank.
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2010. "The Economic Impact of Climate Change," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11(s1), pages 13-37, May.
- Rehdanz, Katrin & Berrittella, Maria & S.J. Tol, Richard & Zhang, Jian, 2008.
"The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Water Use: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 631-655.
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol & Jian Zhang, 2007. "The Impact Of Trade Liberalisation On Water Use: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-142, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Aug 2007.
- James Blignaut & Jan van Heerden, 2009. "Is Water Shedding Next?," Working Papers 141, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Noelwah R. Netusil & Thomas R. Harris & Chang K. Seung & Jeffrey E. Englin, 2000. "Impacts of water reallocation: A combined computable general equilibrium and recreation demand model approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(4), pages 473-487.
- Dwyer, Gavan & Loke, Paul & Appels, David & Stone, Susan F. & Peterson, Deborah C., 2005. "Integrating rural and urban water markets in south east Australia: Preliminary analysis," Conference/Workshop Proceedings 31909, Productivity Commission.
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer & Glyn Wittwer, 2011. "Saving the Southern Murray‐Darling Basin: The Economic Effects of a Buyback of Irrigation Water," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 153-168, March.
- Hasan DUDU & Erol H. ÇAKMAK & Şirin D. SARAÇOĞLU, 2010. "Climate change and irrigation in Turkey: A CGE approach," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 25(286), pages 9-33.
- Esther Velázquez & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, "undated".
"Water Price and Water Relocation in Andalusia. A Computable General Equilibrium Approach,"
Regional and Urban Modeling
- Esther Velázquez & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2007. "Water price and water reallocation in Andalusia. A computable general equilibrium approach," Working Papers 07.04, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Cakmak, Erol H. & Dudu, Hasan & Saracoglu, Sirin & Diao, Xinshen & Roe, Terry & Tsur, Yacov, 2008. "Macro-Micro Feedback Links Of Irrigation Water Management In Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4781, The World Bank.
- Maria Berrittella & Katrin Rehdanz & Roberto Roson & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "The Economic Impact Of Water Pricing: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-96, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2006.
- Anthony Letsoalo & James Blignaut & Theuns de Wet & Martin de Wit & Sebastiaan Hess & Richard S.J. Tol & Jan van Heerden, 2005. "Triple Dividends Of Water Consumption Charges In South Africa," Working Papers FNU-62, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2005.
- van Heerden, Jan H. & Blignaut, James & Horridge, Mark, 2008. "Integrated water and economic modelling of the impacts of water market instruments on the South African economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 105-116, May.
- Johansson, Robert C., 2005. "Micro and macro-level approaches for assessing the value of irrigation water," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3778, The World Bank.
- Gill, Tania & Punt, Cecilia, 2010. "The Potential Impact of Increased Irrigation Water Tariffs in South Africa," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96425, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Dolores Tirado & Carlos M. Gómez & Javier Lozano, 2006. "Efficiency improvements and water policy in the balearic islands: a general equilibrium approach," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 30(3), pages 441-463, September.
- Juana, James S. & Strzepek, Kenneth M. & Kirsten, Johann F., 2008. "Householdsâ€™ welfare analyses of the impact of global change on water resources in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(3), September.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2011. "Water scarcity and the impact of improved irrigation management: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(3), pages 305-323, May.
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water : A Cross-Country Analysis of Institutions and Performance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14884, March.
- Dudu, Hasan & Chumi, Sinqobile, 2008. "Economics of irrigation water management : a literature survey with focus on partial and general equilibrium models," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4556, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zvi Baum & Ruslana Rachel Palatnik & Iddo Kan & Mickey Rapaport-Rom, 2016. "Economic Impacts of Water Scarcity Under Diverse Water Salinities," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(01), pages 1-22, March.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions; Town Water Supply and Sanitation; Water Supply and Systems; Water and Industry; Water Conservation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-05-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-05-15 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENV-2012-05-15 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi) or (Pavel Petrov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .