The Potential Impact of Increased Irrigation Water Tariffs in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Perry, C. J., 2007. "Why is agricultural water demand unresponsive at low price ranges?," IWMI Books, Reports H040602, International Water Management Institute.
- Rashid Hassan & James Thurlow, 2011.
"Macro–micro feedback links of water management in South Africa: CGE analyses of selected policy regimes,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 235-247, March.
- Hassan, R. & Thurlow, J. & Roe, T. & Diao, X. & Chumi., S. & Tsur, Y., 2008. "Macro-micro feedback links of water management in South Africa : CGE analyses of selected policy regimes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4768, The World Bank.
- van Heerden, Jan H. & Blignaut, James & Horridge, Mark, 2008. "Integrated water and economic modelling of the impacts of water market instruments on the South African economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 105-116, May.
- Dinar, Ariel & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth, 1997. "Water allocation mechanisms : principles and examples," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1779, The World Bank.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Panos Pashardes & Timothy Swanson & Anastasios Xepapadeas, "undated".
"The Economics of Water Management in Developing Countries Problems, Principles and Policies,"
DEOS Working Papers
0302, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Panos Pashardes & Timothy Swanson & Anastasios Xepapadeas, "undated". "The Economics of Water Management in Developing Countries Problems, Principles and Policies," DEOS Working Papers 0303, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Koundouri, Phoebe & Pashardes, Panos & Swanson, Timothy & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2003. "The Economics of Water Management in Developing Countries Problems, Principles and Policies," MPRA Paper 38137, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Janis M. Carey & David Zilberman, 2002. "A Model of Investment under Uncertainty: Modern Irrigation Technology and Emerging Markets in Water," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 171-183.
- Bontemps, Christophe & Couture, St phane, 2002. "Irrigation water demand for the decision maker," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 643-657, October.
- Dalton, Timothy J. & Porter, Gregory A. & Winslow, Noah G., 2004.
"Risk Management Strategies in Humid Production Regions: A Comparison of Supplemental Irrigation and Crop Insurance,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 33(2), October.
- Dalton, Timothy J. & Porter, Gregory A. & Winslow, Noah G., 2004. "Risk Management Strategies in Humid Production Regions: A Comparison of Supplemental Irrigation and Crop Insurance," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(02), pages 220-232, October.
- C.S. Kim & Glenn Schaible, 2000. "Economic Benefits Resulting From Irrigation Water Use: Theory and an Application to Groundwater Use," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 17(1), pages 73-87, September.
- Mateos-Planas, Xavier, 2004. "Technology adoption with finite horizons," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2129-2154, October.
- Ada Jansen & Carl-erik Schulz, 2006. "Water Demand And The Urban Poor: A Study Of The Factors Influencing Water Consumption Among Housholds In Cape Town, South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 74(3), pages 593-609, September.
- Molle, Francois & Berkoff, J., 2007. "Water pricing in irrigation: mapping the debate in the light of experience," IWMI Books, Reports H040601, International Water Management Institute.
- Molle, Francois & Wester, P. & Hirsch, P. & Jensen, J. R. & Murray-Rust, H. & Paranjpye, V. & Pollard, S. & van der Zaag, P., 2007. "River basin development and management," IWMI Books, Reports H040208, International Water Management Institute.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Michael Hanemann, W. & Stavins, Robert N., 2007. "Water demand under alternative price structures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 181-198, September.
- James Blignaut & Jan van Heerden, 2009. "Is Water Shedding Next?," Working Papers 141, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feng Wu & Jinyan Zhan & Qian Zhang & Zhongxiao Sun & Zhan Wang, 2014. "Evaluating Impacts of Industrial Transformation on Water Consumption in the Heihe River Basin of Northwest China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-14, November.
- Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "Economy-wide implications of direct and indirect policy interventions in the water sector: lessons from recent work and future research needs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6068, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsResource /Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-08-15 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-08-15 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-08-15 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae10:96425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.