How to assess agricultural water productivity ? looking for water in the agricultural productivity and efficiency literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vernon W. Ruttan, 2002.
"Productivity Growth in World Agriculture: Sources and Constraints,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 161-184, Fall.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2002. "Productivity Growth In World Agriculture: Sources And Constraints," Staff Papers 14176, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Alauddin, Mohammad & Sharma, Bharat R., 2013.
"Inter-district rice water productivity differences in Bangladesh: An empirical exploration and implications,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 210-218.
- Mohammad Alauddin & Bharat R. Sharma, 2013. "Inter-district rice water productivity differences in Bangladesh: An empirical exploration and implications," Discussion Papers Series 517, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Heal, Geoffrey & Fay, Marianne & Treguer, David, 2011. "From growth to green growth -- a framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5872, The World Bank.
- Kularatne Mohottala Gedara & Clevo Wilson & Sean Pascoe & Tim Robinson, 2012. "Factors Affecting Technical Efficiency of Rice Farmers in Village Reservoir Irrigation Systems of Sri Lanka," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 627-638, September.
- Roe, Terry & Dinar, Ariel & Tsur, Yacov & Diao, Xinshen, 2005. "Feedback links between economy-wide and farm-level policies: With application to irrigation water management in Morocco," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 905-928, November.
- Seckler, D., 1996. "The new era of water resources management: from \dry\ to \wet\ water savings," IWMI Research Reports H018206, International Water Management Institute.
- Julian M. Alston & Philip G. Pardey, 2014. "Agriculture in the Global Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 121-146, Winter.
- Tim J. Coelli & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2005.
"Total factor productivity growth in agriculture: a Malmquist index analysis of 93 countries, 1980–2000,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 115-134, January.
- Tim J. Coelli & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2003. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agriculture: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 93 Countries,1980-2000," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Prasada Rao, D. S., 2003. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agricultrue: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 93 Countries, 1980-2000," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245928, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- G. Karagiannis & V. Tzouvelekas & A. Xepapadeas, 2003. "Measuring Irrigation Water Efficiency with a Stochastic Production Frontier," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(1), pages 57-72, September.
- Murgai, Rinku, 1999. "The green revolution and the productivity paradox : evidence from the Indian Punjab," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2234, The World Bank.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007.
"Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Solís, Daniel & Moreira, Victor & Maripani, José & Thiam, Abdourahmane & Rivas, Teodoro, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in Farming: A Meta-regression analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Kijne, J. W. & Barker, R. & Molden. D., 2003. "Water productivity in agriculture: limits and opportunities for improvement," IWMI Books, Reports H032631, International Water Management Institute.
- Roe, Terry & Dinar, Ariel & Tsur, Yacov & Xinshen Diao, 2005. "Feedback links between economy-wide and farm-level policies : application to irrigation water management in Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3550, The World Bank.
- R. Garth Taylor & Robert D. Schmidt & Leroy Stodick & Bryce A. Contor, 2014. "Modeling Conjunctive Water Use as a Reciprocal Externality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(3), pages 753-768.
- Moore, Charles V. & Hedges, Trimble R., 1963. "A Method for Estimating the Demand for Irrigation Water," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, vol. 15(4), pages 1-5, October.
- Frank M. Gollop & Gregory P. Swinand, 1998. "From Total Factor to Total Resource Productivity: An Application to Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 577-583.
- Fraser, I. & Cordina, D., 1999. "An application of data envelopment analysis to irrigated dairy farms in Northern Victoria, Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 267-282, March.
- Liu, Junguo & Williams, Jimmy R. & Zehnder, Alexander J.B. & Yang, Hong, 2007. "GEPIC - modelling wheat yield and crop water productivity with high resolution on a global scale," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 478-493, May.
- Bessembinder, J.J.E. & Leffelaar, P.A. & Dhindwal, A.S. & Ponsioen, T.C., 2005. "Which crop and which drop, and the scope for improvement of water productivity," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 113-130, May.
- Letcher, R.A. & Croke, B.F.W. & Merritt, W.S. & Jakeman, A.J., 2006. "An integrated modelling toolbox for water resources assessment and management in highland catchments: Sensitivity analysis and testing," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 132-164, July.
- Sherlund, Shane M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Adesina, Akinwumi A., 2002. "Smallholder technical efficiency controlling for environmental production conditions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 85-101, October.
- Laure Latruffe, 2010. "Competitiveness, Productivity and Efficiency in the Agricultural and Agri-Food Sectors," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 30, OECD Publishing.
- Kijne, Jacob W. & Barker, Randolph & Molden, David J. (ed.), 2003. "Water productivity in agriculture: limits and opportunities for improvement," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 138054, December.
- Gunter, Allison & Goemans, Chris & Pritchett, James G. & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2012. "Linking an Equilibrium Displacement Mathematical Programming Model and an Input-Output Model to Estimate the Impacts of Drought: An Application to Southeast Colorado," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124930, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gerald C. Nelson & Gerald E. Shively, 2014. "Modeling climate change and agriculture: an introduction to the special issue," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 1-2, January.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Robert G. Chambers & Rulon D. Pope, 2010. "Production Economics and Farm Management: a Century of Contributions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 356-375.
- Beatrice Conradie & Jenifer Piesse & Colin Thirtle, 2009. "District‐level total factor productivity in agriculture: Western Cape Province, South Africa, 1952–2002," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 265-280, May.
- Gebregziabher, Gebrehaweria & Namara, Regassa E. & Holden, Stein, 2012. "Technical Efficiency of Irrigated and Rain-Fed Smallholder Agriculture in Tigray, Ethiopia: A Comparative Stochastic Frontier Production Function Analysis," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 51(3), pages 1-24, August.
- Sharma, Khem R. & Leung, PingSun & Zaleski, Halina M., 1999. "Technical, allocative and economic efficiencies in swine production in Hawaii: a comparison of parametric and nonparametric approaches," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 23-35, January.
- Letcher, R.A. & Croke, B.F.W. & Jakeman, A.J. & Merritt, W.S., 2006. "An integrated modelling toolbox for water resources assessment and management in highland catchments: Model description," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 106-131, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. Quentin Grafton & James Horne & Sarah Ann Wheeler, 2016. "On the Marketisation of Water: Evidence from the Murray-Darling Basin, Australia," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(3), pages 913-926, February.
- Nin-Pratt, A., 2018. "Technical and Environmental Efficiency of Water Use in Agriculture," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277486, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nguyen Bich Hong & Mitsuyasu Yabe, 2017. "Improvement in irrigation water use efficiency: a strategy for climate change adaptation and sustainable development of Vietnamese tea production," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 1247-1263, August.
- Njuki, Eric & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E., 2016. "Climatic Variability and Irrigation Water Efficiency in the United States: An Empirical Assessment of the 1987-2012 Period," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235555, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Jara-Rojas, Roberto & Lachaud, Michee A. & Moreira L., Victor H. & Scheierling, Susanne M., 2015. "Water and Farm Efficiency: Insights from the Frontier Literature," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206076, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Njuki, Eric & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E., 2016. "Measuring agricultural water productivity using a partial factor productivity approach," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246948, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
KeywordsWater Supply and Systems; Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions; Water and Industry; Town Water Supply and Sanitation; Water Conservation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6982. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.