Production Economics and Farm Management: a Century of Contributions
This article is a reflection on the path taken by production economics and farm management over the last century, and the progress made in understanding the economics of the farm. The accumulated knowledge has helped refine our assessment of the efficiency of farm management decisions and the evolving role of agriculture in modern society. Copyright 2010, Oxford University Press.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 92 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
- Ayenew, Habtamu Yesigat & Sauer, Johannes & Abate-Kassa, Getachew, 2015.
"Expossure To Risk And Risk Management In Smallholder Agriculture,"
55th Annual Conference, Giessen, Germany, September 23-25, 2015
209211, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Ayenew, Habtamu Yesigat & Sauer, Johannes & Abate-Kassa, Getachew, 2015. "On Smallholder Farmers' Exposure to Risk and Adaptation Mechanisms: Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204223, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Moser, Stefan & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2015. "Comparing the use of risk-influencing production inputs and experimentally measured risk attitude: Do decisions of Indonesian small-scale rubber farmers match?," EFForTS Discussion Paper Series 14, University of Goettingen, Collaborative Research Centre 990 "EFForTS, Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)".
- Gómez-Limón, José A. & Gutiérrez-Martín, Carlos & Riesgo, Laura, 2016. "Modeling at farm level: Positive Multi-Attribute Utility Programming," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 17-27.
- Md. Jahangir Kabir & Rob Cramb & Mohammad Alauddin & Christian Roth, 2016. "Farming adaptation to environmental change in coastal Bangladesh: shrimp culture versus crop diversification," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 1195-1216, August.
- Kabir, Md. Jahangir & Cramb, Rob & Alauddin, Mohammad, 2015. "Farming Adaptation to Environmental Change in Coastal Bangladesh: Shrimp Culture versus Crop Diversification," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202981, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Serra, Teresa & Oude Lansink, Alfons, 2014. "Measuring the impacts of production risk on technical efficiency: A state-contingent conditional order-m approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(1), pages 237-242.
- Serra, Teresa & Oude Lansink, Alfons, 2014. "Measuring the impacts of production risk on technical efficiency: a state-contingent conditional order-m approach," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182661, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Komarek, Adam M. & MacAulay, T. Gordon, 2013. "Farmer responses to changing risk aversion, enterprise variability and resource endowments," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(3), September.
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaïb & Arnaud Reynaud & Stéphane Couture, 2012. "A methodological way of evaluating innovative cropping systems integrating risk beliefs and risk preferences," Post-Print hal-01133976, HAL.
- Duquette, Eric & Higgins, Nathaniel & Horowitz, John, 2013. "Time Preference and Technology Adoption: A Single-Choice Experiment with U.S. Farmers," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150719, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Scheierling, S. M., 2014. "How to assess agricultural water productivity?: looking for water in the agricultural productivity and efficiency literature," IWMI Working Papers H046876, International Water Management Institute.
- Md. Jahangir Kabir & Mohammad Alauddin & Steven Crimp, 2016. "Farm-level Adaptation to Climate Change in Western Bangladesh: An Analysis of Adaptation Dynamics, Profitability and Risks," Discussion Papers Series 576, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Robert Chambers & Teresa Serra & Spiro Stefanou, 2015. "Using ex ante output elicitation to model state-contingent technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 75-83, February.
- Scheierling, Susanne M. & Treguer, David O. & Booker, James F. & Decker, Elisabeth, 2014. "How to assess agricultural water productivity ? looking for water in the agricultural productivity and efficiency literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6982, The World Bank.
- Sauer, Johannes, 2011. "Natural Disasters and Agriculture: Individual Risk Preference towards Flooding," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115989, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carpentier, Alain & Gohin, Alexandre & Sckokai, Paolo & Thomas, Alban, 2015. "Economic modelling of agricultural production: past advances and new challenges," Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 96(01), pages 131-165, March.
- Alain Carpentier & Alexandre Gohin & Paolo Sckokai & Alban Thomas, 2015. "Economic modelling of agricultural production: past advances and new challenges," Post-Print hal-01209067, HAL.
- Renner, Swetlana & Glauben, Thomas & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2012. "Measurement And Decomposition Of Flexibility Of Multi-Output Firms," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 124865, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hardaker, J. Brian, 2011. "The John L. Dillon Memorial Lecture 2010: The rise and fall of farm management as an academic discipline: an autobiographical perspective," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 8(1).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:92:y:2010:i:2:p:356-375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed