Risk Management Strategies in Humid Production Regions: A Comparison of Supplemental Irrigation and Crop Insurance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dalton, Timothy J. & Porter, Gregory A. & Winslow, Noah G., 2004. "Risk Management Strategies in Humid Production Regions: A Comparison of Supplemental Irrigation and Crop Insurance," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(02), pages 220-232, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Epperson, James E. & Hook, James E. & Mustafa, Yasmin R., 1993. "Dynamic programming for improving irrigation scheduling strategies of maize," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 85-101.
- Boggess, W. G & Amerling, C. B., 1983. "A Bioeconomic Simulation Analysis of Irrigation Investments," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 85-91, December.
- Bernardo, Daniel J., 1988. "The Effect of Spatial Variability of Irrigation Applications on Risk-Efficient Strategies," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(01), pages 77-86, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enjolras, Geoffroy & Capitanio, Fabian & Adinolfi, Felice, 2012. "The Demand for Crop Insurance: Combined Approaches for France and Italy," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(1), January.
- Enjolras, Geoffroy & Capitanio, Fabian & Aubert, Magali & Adinolfi, Felice, 2012.
"Direct payments, crop insurance and the volatility of farm income. Some evidence in France and in Italy,"
123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland
122478, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- G. Enjolras & M. Aubert & F. Capitanio & F. Adinolfi, 2014. "Direct payments, crop insurance and the volatility of farm income. Some evidence in France and in Italy," Post-Print halshs-00722548, HAL.
- Dimitar Nikolov & Sergio Gomez-y-Paloma & Minka Chopeva & Marianne Lefebvre, 2014. "Main Factors of the Development and Attractiveness of the Insurance Market for the Agricultural Companies," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 99-121.
- Starr, G.C. & Rowland, D. & Griffin, T.S. & Olanya, O.M., 2008. "Soil water in relation to irrigation, water uptake and potato yield in a humid climate," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 292-300, March.
- Pardey, Philip G. & James, Jennifer S. & Alston, Julian M. & Wood, Stanley & Koo, Bonwoo & Binenbaum, Eran & Hurley, Terrance M. & Glewwe, Paul & Mayer, Jorge & Jones, Richard & De Groote, Hugo & Kana, 2007. "Science, Technology and Skills," Reports 136256, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Boyer, Christopher N. & Jensen, Kimberly L. & McLeod, Elizabeth & Larson, James A., 2016. "Upland Cotton Producers’ Willingness to participate in a BMP/STAX Pilot Program," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 234975, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Boyer, Christopher N. & Larson, James A. & Roberts, Roland K. & McClure, Angela T. & Tyler, Donald D. & Smith, S. Aaron, 2014. "Probability of Irrigated Corn Being Profitable in a Humid Region," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162470, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Buchholz, Matthias & Musshoff, Oliver, 2014.
"The role of weather derivatives and portfolio effects in agricultural water management,"
Agricultural Water Management,
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 34-44.
- Buchholz, Matthias & Musshoff, Oliver, 2014. "The role of weather derivatives and portfolio effects in agricultural water management," 2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Maquarie, Australia 165812, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Gill, Tania & Punt, Cecilia, 2010. "The Potential Impact of Increased Irrigation Water Tariffs in South Africa," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96425, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Boyer, Christopher N. & Larson, James A. & Roberts, Roland K. & McClure, Angela T. & Tyler, Donald D., 2014. "The impact of field size and energy cost on the profitability of supplemental corn irrigation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 61-69.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:arerjl:31269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nareaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.