Water scarcity and the impact of improved irrigation management: a computable general equilibrium analysis
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parker, Douglas D. & Zilberman, David & Castillo, Federico, 1998. "Offices of Technology Transfer: Privatizing University Innovations for Agriculture," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 13(1).
- Heisey, Paul W. & Lantican, Maximina A. & Dubin, H. Jesse, 2002. "Impacts of International Wheat Breeding Research in Developing Countries, 1966-97," Impact Studies 7653, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Zeddies, Jurgen & Schaab, R.P. & Neuenschwander, P. & Herren, H.R., 2001. "Economics of biological control of cassava mealybug in Africa," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 24(2), January.
- Orr, Alastair, 2003. "Integrated Pest Management for Resource-Poor African Farmers: Is the Emperor Naked?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 831-845, May.
- Ekboir, Javier M. & Boa, Kofi & Dankyi, A.A., 2002. "Impact Of No-Till Technologies In Ghana," Economics Program Papers 23721, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Zvi Griliches, 1958. "Research Costs and Social Returns: Hybrid Corn and Related Innovations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 419-419.
- Raitzer, David A. & Kelley, Timothy G., 2008. "Benefit-cost meta-analysis of investment in the International Agricultural Research Centers of the CGIAR," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 108-123, March.
- Thiam, Abdourahmane & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rivas, Teodoro E., 2001.
"Technical efficiency in developing country agriculture: a meta-analysis,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- Thiam, Abdourahmane & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rivas, Teodoro E., 2001. "Technical efficiency in developing country agriculture: a meta-analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 235-243, September.
- Lantican, Maximina A. & Dubin, H. Jesse & Morris, Michael L., 2005. "Impacts of International Wheat Breeding Research in the Developing World, 1988-2002," Impact Studies 7654, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- De Groote, H. & Ajuonu, O. & Attignon, S. & Djessou, R. & Neuenschwander, P., 2003. "Economic impact of biological control of water hyacinth in Southern Benin," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 105-117, April.
- Derek Byerlee & Greg Traxler, 1995. "National and International Wheat Improvement Research in the Post-Green Revolution Period: Evolution and Impacts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(2), pages 268-278.
- Ryan, James G., 2002. "Synthesis report of workshop on assessing the impact of policy-oriented social science research in Scheveningen, The Netherlands, November 12-13 2001," Impact assessments 15, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Richard B. Norgaard, 1988. "The Biological Control of Cassava Mealybug in Africa," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(2), pages 366-371.
- Byerlee, Derek & Heisey, Paul W., 1996. "Past and potential impacts of maize research in sub-Saharan Africa: a critical assessment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 255-277, July.
- Maredia, Mywish K. & Byerlee, Derek & Pee, Peter, 2000. "Impacts of food crop improvement research: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 531-559, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ponce, Roberto & Parrado, Ramiro & Stehr, Alejandra & Bosello, Francesco, 2016.
"Climate Change, Water Scarcity in Agriculture and the Economy-Wide Impacts in a CGE Framework,"
EIA: Climate Change: Economic Impacts and Adaptation
251813, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Roberto Ponce & Ramiro Parrado & Alejandra Stehr & Francesco Bosello, 2016. "Climate Change, Water Scarcity in Agriculture and the Economy-Wide Impacts in a CGE Framework," Working Papers 2016.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard Betts & Pete Falloon & Andy Wiltshire & Richard Tol, 2013.
"Climate change impacts on global agriculture,"
Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 357-374, September.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Rehdanz, Katrin & Betts, Richard & Falloon, Pete & Wiltshire, Andy & Tol, Richard S. J., 2010. "Climate change impacts on global agriculture," Kiel Working Papers 1617, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard Betts & Pete Falloon & Andy Wiltshire & Richard S.J. Tol, 2010. "Climate Change Impacts on Global Agriculture," Working Papers FNU-185, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2010.
- Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "Economy-wide implications of direct and indirect policy interventions in the water sector: lessons from recent work and future research needs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6068, The World Bank.
- Onil Banerjee & Martin Cicowiez & Mark Horridge & Renato Vargas, 2016. "A Conceptual Framework for Integrated Economic-Environmental Modelling," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0202, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Wu, Feng & Zhan, Jinyan & Güneralp, İnci, 2015. "Present and future of urban water balance in the rapidly urbanizing Heihe River Basin, Northwest China," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 318(C), pages 254-264.
- Jason F. L. Koopman & Onno Kuik & Richard S. J. Tol & Roy Brouwer, 2017. "The potential of water markets to allocate water between industry, agriculture, and public water utilities as an adaptation mechanism to climate change," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 325-347, February.
- Nicholas Kilimani & Jan van Heerden & Heinrich Bohlmann & Louise Roos, 2016.
"Counting the cost of drought induced productivity losses in an agro-based economy: The case of Uganda,"
616, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Nicholas Kilimani & Jan van Heerden & Heinrich Bohlmann & Louise Roos, 2016. "Counting the Cost of Drought Induced Productivity Losses in an Agro-Based Economy: The Case of Uganda," Working Papers 201649, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J., 2011. "The GTAP-W model: Accounting for water use in agriculture," Kiel Working Papers 1745, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alberto Solís & Xueqin Zhu, 2015. "Water Markets: Insights from an Applied General Equilibrium Model for Extremadura, Spain," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(12), pages 4335-4356, September.
- Howard, Peter & Sterner, Thomas, 2014. "Raising the Temperature on Food Prices: Climate Change, Food Security, and the Social Cost of Carbon," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170648, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elgallal, M. & Fletcher, L. & Evans, B., 2016. "Assessment of potential risks associated with chemicals in wastewater used for irrigation in arid and semiarid zones: A review," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 419-431.
- Mohamed A. Chemingui & Chokri Thabet, 2016. "Economy-Wide Analysis of Alternative Water Management Policies: A Comparative Analysis for Morocco and Tunisia," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(04), pages 1-27, December.
- Roe, Terry L. & Smith, Rodney B.W., 2015. "The Conjunctive Use of Irrigation Water Over Time in Morocco: Strengthening Ecosystems and Development Linkages," Miscellaneous Publications 232878, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Michael Oppenheimer, 2013. "Climate change impacts: accounting for the human response," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 439-449, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:42:y:2011:i:3:p:305-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.