Intellectual property rights, technology diffusion, and agricultural development: Cross-country evidence:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shenggen Fan, 2000. "Research Investment and the Economic Returns To Chinese Agricultural Research," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 163-182, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Shenggen Fan & Peter Hazell & Sukhadeo Thorat, 2000. "Government Spending, Growth and Poverty in Rural India," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1038-1051.
- Pingali, P. L. & Traxler, G., 2002. "Changing locus of agricultural research: will the poor benefit from biotechnology and privatization trends?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 223-238, June.
- Pray, Carl E. & Nagarajan, Latha, 2009. "Pearl millet and sorghum improvement in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 919, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hudson, John & Minea, Alexandru, 2013.
"Innovation, Intellectual Property Rights, and Economic Development: A Unified Empirical Investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 66-78.
- John Hudson & Alexandru Minea, 2013. "Innovation, Intellectual Property Rights, and Economic Development: A Unified Empirical Investigation," Post-Print halshs-00833858, HAL.
- Deepthi Elizabeth Kolady & William Lesser, 2009. "But are they Meritorious? Genetic Productivity Gains under Plant Intellectual Property Rights," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 62-79, February.
- Ginarte, Juan C. & Park, Walter G., 1997. "Determinants of patent rights: A cross-national study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-301, October.
- Binenbaum, Eran & Nottenburg, Carol & Pardey, Philip G & Wright, Brian D & Zambrano, Patricia, 2003.
"South-North Trade, Intellectual Property Jurisdictions, and Freedom to Operate in Agricultural Research on Staple Crops,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 309-335, January.
- Binenbaum, Eran & Pardey, Philip G. & Zambrano, Patricia & Nottenburg, Carol & Wright, Brian D., 2000. "South-North trade, intellectual property jurisdictions, and freedom to operate in agricultural research on staple crops:," EPTD discussion papers 70, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Eaton, Derek J.F. & Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels P., 2006. "The Effects of Strengthened IPR Regimes on the Plant Breeding Sector in Developing Countries," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25455, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bruce A. Babcock & William E. Foster, 1991. "Measuring the Potential Contribution of Plant Breeding to Crop Yields: Flue-Cured Tobacco, 1954–87," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(3), pages 850-859.
- Carew, Richard & Smith, Elwin G. & Grant, Cynthia, 2009. "Factors Influencing Wheat Yield and Variability: Evidence from Manitoba, Canada," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(3), pages 625-639, December.
- Spielman, David J., 2007. "Pro-poor agricultural biotechnology: Can the international research system deliver the goods?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 189-204, April.
- Byerlee, Derek & Fischer, Ken, 2002. "Accessing Modern Science: Policy and Institutional Options for Agricultural Biotechnology in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 931-948, June.
- Timo Goeschl & Timothy Swanson, 2000. "Genetic use restriction technologies and the diffusion of yield gains to developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 1159-1178.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert Evenson, 2003.
"Does intellectual property protection spur technological change?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 235-264, April.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert Evenson, 2001. "Does Intellectual Property Protection Spur Technological Change," Working Papers 831, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert E Evanson, 2004. "Does Intellectual Property Protection Spur Technological Change?," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000455, David K. Levine.
- Kanwar, Sunil & Evenson, Robert E., 2001. "Does Intellectual Property Protection Spur Technological Change?," Center Discussion Papers 28432, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Deepthi Elizabeth Kolady & David J. Spielman & Anthony Cavalieri, 2012.
"The Impact of Seed Policy Reforms and Intellectual Property Rights on Crop Productivity in India,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 361-384, June.
- Kolady, Deepthi E. & Spielman, David J. & Cavalieri, Anthony J., 2014. "The impact of seed-policy reforms and intellectual property rights on crop productivity in India," CSISA project notes 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Perrin, R.K. & Kunnings, K.A. & Ihnen, L.A., 1983. "Some Effects Of The U.S. Plant Variety Protection Act Of 1970," Department of Economics and Business - Archive 259743, North Carolina State University, Department of Economics.
- Anwar Naseem & David J. Spielman & Steven Were Omamo, 2010. "Private-sector investment in R&D: a review of policy options to promote its growth in developing-country agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 143-173.
- Derek Headey & Mohammad Alauddin & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2010. "Explaining agricultural productivity growth: an international perspective," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Lai, Edwin L. -C., 1998. "International intellectual property rights protection and the rate of product innovation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 133-153, February.
- Ramaswami, Bharat, 2002. "Understanding the Seed Industry: Contemporary Trends and Analytical Issues," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 57(3), September.
- Gisselquist, David & Grether, Jean-Marie, 2000. "An Argument for Deregulating the Transfer of Agricultural Technologies to Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 111-127, January.
- Channing Arndt & Thomas W. Hertel & Paul V. Preckel, 2003. "Bridging the Gap between Partial and Total Factor Productivity Measures Using Directional Distance Functions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 928-942.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191.
- Gruere, Guillaume P. & Sun, Yan, 2012. "Measuring the contribution of Bt cotton adoption to India's cotton yields leap:," IFPRI discussion papers 1170, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- C. S. Srinivasan & Colin Thirtle, 2000. "Understanding the emergence of terminator technologies," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 1147-1158.
- M. Scott Taylor, 1993. "TRIPS, Trade, and Technology Transfer," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(3), pages 625-637, August.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnology transfer; Agricultural development; productivity; Developing countries; Intellectual property rights; Diffusion of information;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-06-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2014-06-22 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GRO-2014-06-22 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-IPR-2014-06-22 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-KNM-2014-06-22 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TID-2014-06-22 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.