South-North trade, intellectual property jurisdictions, and freedom to operate in agricultural research on staple crops:
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Binenbaum, Eran & Nottenburg, Carol & Pardey, Philip G & Wright, Brian D & Zambrano, Patricia, 2003. "South-North Trade, Intellectual Property Jurisdictions, and Freedom to Operate in Agricultural Research on Staple Crops," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 309-335, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alston, Julian M. & Venner, Raymond J., 2002.
"The effects of the US Plant Variety Protection Act on wheat genetic improvement,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 527-542, May.
- Alston, Julian M. & Venner, Raymond J., 2000. "The effects of the U.S. Plant Variety Protection Act on wheat genetic improvement:," EPTD discussion papers 62, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stanley M. Besen & Leo J. Raskind, 1991. "An Introduction to the Law and Economics of Intellectual Property," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 3-27, Winter.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alessandro Marra & Alessandro Sarra, 2010. "Incomplete antitrust laws and private actions for damages," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 111-135, October.
- Lesser, William H., 2000. "An Economic Approach To Identifying An 'Effective Sui Generis System' For Plant Variety Protection Unders Trips," Transitions in Agbiotech: Economics of Strategy and Policy, June 24-25, 1999, Washington, D.C. 25996, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Kim, Jongwook & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2008. "A Strategic Theory of the Firm as a Nexus of Incomplete Contracts: A Property Rights Approach," Working Papers 08-0108, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Andrés, Antonio R. & Goel, Rajeev K., 2012. "Does software piracy affect economic growth? Evidence across countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 284-295.
- Massimiliano Granieri, 2011. "A Law and Economics Introduction to Patent Law and Procedure," Chapters, in: Federico Munari & Raffaele Oriani (ed.), The Economic Valuation of Patents, chapter 2, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Adrien Hervouet & Marc Baudry, 2012.
"Promoting innovation in the seed market and biodiversity: the role of IPRs and commercialization rules,"
- Adrien Hervouet & Marc Baudry, 2013. "Promoting innovation in the seed market and biodiversity: the role of IPRs and commercialization rules," Post-Print hal-02012207, HAL.
- Adrien Hervouet & Marc Baudry, 2012. "Promoting innovation in the seed market and biodiversity: the role of IPRs and commercialization rules," Post-Print hal-02012220, HAL.
- Marc Baudry & Adrien Hervouet, 2014. "Promoting innovation on the seed market and biodiversity: the role of IPRs and commercialisation rules," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-32, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Stefan Ambec & Corinne Langinier & Stéphane Lemarié, 2008.
"Incentives to Reduce Crop Trait Durability,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 379-391.
- Ambec, Stefan & Langinier, Corinne & Lemarie, Stephane, 2005. "Incentive to reduce crop trait durability," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19251, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ambec, Stefan & Langinier, Corinne & Lemarie, Stephane, 2006. "Incentive to Reduce Crop Trait Durability," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12525, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gil Ricard, 2006. "The Economics of IPR Protection Policies," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-21, September.
- Marini, Marco A., 2006.
"The value of a new idea: knowledge transmission, workers’ mobility and market structure,"
Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 697-706.
- Marini, Marco A., 2005. "The value of a new idea: knowledge transmission, workers' mobility and market structure," MPRA Paper 1687, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2006.
- Lence, Sergio H. & Hayes, Dermot J. & McCunn, Alan & Smith, Stephen C. & Niebur, Bill, 2003. "Welfare Impacts of Property Rights in the Seed Industry," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22187, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Ruttan, Vernon W., 2010. "The Economics of Innovation and Technical Change in Agriculture," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 939-984, Elsevier.
- Crass, Dirk & Schwiebacher, Franz, 2013. "Do trademarks diminish the substitutability of products in innovative knowledge-intensive services?," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-061, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- David Moroz, 2005.
"Production of Scientific Knowledge and Radical Uncertainty: The Limits of the Normative Approach in Innovation Economics,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 305-322, November.
- David Moroz, 2005. "Production of Scientific Knowledge and Radical Uncertainty: The Limits of the Normative Approach in Innovation Economics," Post-Print hal-02557935, HAL.
- Lence, Sergio H. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2005. "Technology Fees Versus Gurts in the Presence of Spillovers: World Welfare Impacts," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12417, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rajeev K. Goel, 2020. "IPR infringement in the United States: impacts on the input and output of R&D," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 481-493, April.
- Erkan Gürpınar, 2016.
"Organizational forms in the knowledge economy: a comparative institutional analysis,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 501-518, July.
- Erkan Gürpinar, 2013. "Organizational Forms in the Knowledge Economy: A Comparative Institutional Analysis," Department of Economics University of Siena 679, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Alston, Julian M. & Wyatt, T. J. & Pardey, Philip G. & Marra, Michele C. & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2000. "A meta-analysis of rates of return to agricultural R & D: ex pede Herculem?," Research reports 113, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alessandro Stanziani, 2004. "Wine Reputation and Quality Controls: The Origin of the AOCs in 19th Century France," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 149-167, September.
- Asongu Simplice & Antonio R. Andrés, 2012. "Fighting software piracy: which governance tools matter in Africa?," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 12/017, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Jochen Bigus, "undated". "Staging of Venture Financing, Moral Hazard, and Patent Law," German Working Papers in Law and Economics 2002-1-1044, Berkeley Electronic Press.
More about this item
KeywordsIntellectual property.; Biotechnology.; Agricultural research.; Trade regulation.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:eptddp:70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.