The roles of public sector versus private sector in R&D and technology generation: the case of maize in Asia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Traxler, Greg & Pingali, Prabhu L., 1999. "International Collaboration in Crop Improvement Research: Current Status and Future Prospects," Economics Working Papers 7668, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heng, Dora, 2015. "Incentives, Institutions and Investment in Private Agricultural Reasearch in Asia," SS-AAEA Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 2015, pages 1-25.
- Spielman, David J. & Kennedy, Adam, 2016. "Towards better metrics and policymaking for seed system development: Insights from Asia's seed industry," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 111-122.
- Das, Gouranga Gopal, 2005. "Information age to genetic revolution: Embodied technology transfer and assimilation — A tale of two technologies," MPRA Paper 37250, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Anwar Naseem & David J. Spielman & Steven Were Omamo, 2010. "Private-sector investment in R&D: a review of policy options to promote its growth in developing-country agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 143-173.
- Spielman, David J. & Mekonnen, Dawit Kelemework & Alemu, Dawit, 2012.
"Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia,"
IFPRI book chapters, in: Dorosh, Paul A. & Rashid, Shahidur (ed.), Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 4,
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Spielman, David J. & Kelemwork, Dawit & Alemu, Dawit, 2011. "Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kolady, Deepthi & Spielman, David J. & Cavalieri, Anthony J., 2010. "Intellectual property rights, private investment in research, and productivity growth in Indian agriculture: A review of evidence and options," IFPRI discussion papers 1031, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Byerlee, Derek & Spielman, David J. & Alemu, Dawit & Gautam, Madhur, 2007. "Policies to promote cereal intensification in Ethiopia: A review of evidence and experience," IFPRI discussion papers 707, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Falcon, W. P. & Fowler, C., 2002. "Carving up the commons--emergence of a new international regime for germplasm development and transfer," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 197-222, June.
- Pingali, P. L. & Traxler, G., 2002. "Changing locus of agricultural research: will the poor benefit from biotechnology and privatization trends?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 223-238, June.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Morris, Michael L., 2002. "Linking Global and Local Approaches to Agricultural Technology Development: The Role of Participatory Plant Breeding Research in the CGIAR," Economics Working Papers 46550, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Falcon, Walter P., 2000. "Globalizing Germ Plasm: Barriers, Benefits and Boundaries," 2000 Conference, August 13-18, 2000, Berlin, Germany 197185, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:29:y:2003:i:3:p:319-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.