Linking Smallholders to the New Agricultural Economy: An Evaluation of the Plataformas Program in Ecuador
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2003.
"Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1161-1189, July.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," NBER Technical Working Papers 0251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido Imbens, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1166, Econometric Society.
- Jinyong Hahn, 1998. "On the Role of the Propensity Score in Efficient Semiparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 315-332, March.
- Jessica Erin Todd & Paul Winters & Tom Hertz, 2010. "Conditional Cash Transfers and Agricultural Production: Lessons from the Oportunidades Experience in Mexico," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 39-67.
- Jill E. Hobbs, 1997. "Measuring the Importance of Transaction Costs in Cattle Marketing," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1083-1095.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2004.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Under Exogeneity: A Review,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 4-29.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2003. "Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects under Exogeneity: A Review," NBER Technical Working Papers 0294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Barbier, Edward B. & Reardon, Thomas, 2001. "Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development: the environmental implications," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 419-433, October.
- Paul Winters & Romina Cavatassi & Leslie Lipper, 2006. "Sowing the Seeds of Social Relations: The Role of Social Capital in Crop Diversity," Working Papers 06-16, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Heckman, James J. & Robb, Richard Jr., 1985. "Alternative methods for evaluating the impact of interventions : An overview," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 239-267.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeremy Jelliffe & Boris E. Bravo-Ureta & C. Michael Deom & David Kalule Okello, 2016. "The Sustainability Of Farmer-Led Multiplication And Dissemination Of High-Yield And Disease Resistant Groundnut Varieties," Zwick Center Research Reports 04, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Catherine Ragasa & Thaddee Badibanga & John Ulimwengu, 2016. "Effectiveness and challenges of participatory governance: the case of agricultural and rural management councils in the Western Democratic Republic of the Congo," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(4), pages 827-854, August.
- Jelliffe, Jeremy L. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Deom, C. Michael & Okello, David Kalule, 2016. "The Sustainability Of Project Outcomes From Farmer-Led Dissemination Of High-Yielding Groundnut Rosette Disease Resistant Groundnut Varieties," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246450, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Jelliffe, Jeremy L. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Deom, C. Michael, 2015. "Adaptation and Adoption of Improved Seeds through Extension: Evidence from Farmer-Led Groundnut Multiplication in Uganda," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205980, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & William Greene & Daniel Solís, 2012. "Technical efficiency analysis correcting for biases from observed and unobserved variables: an application to a natural resource management project," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 55-72, August.
- Stephen Sherwood & Severine van Bommel & Myriam Paredes, 2016. "Self-Organization and the Bypass: Re-Imagining Institutions for More Sustainable Development in Agriculture and Food," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-19, December.
- Boris E. Bravo-Ureta, 2014. "Stochastic frontiers, productivity effects and development projects," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 51-58.
- Thiele, Graham & Devaux, André & Reinoso, Iván & Pico, Hérnan & Montesdeoca, Fabián & Pumisacho, Manuel & Andrade-Piedra, Jorge & Velasco, Claudio & Flores, Paola & Esprella, Raúl & Thomann, Alice & M, 2016. "Multistakeholder platforms for linking small farmers to value chains: Evidence from the Andes," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 8, pages 249-268 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsNew agricultural economy; Ecuador; smallholder potato farmers; impact evaluation; food-security; agrobiodiversity; natural resources.;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-07-03 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-07-03 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fao:wpaper:0906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Anríquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .