Technical efficiency analysis correcting for biases from observed and unobserved variables: an application to a natural resource management project
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Dillon, 2011.
"Do Differences in the Scale of Irrigation Projects Generate Different Impacts on Poverty and Production?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 474-492, June.
- Dillon, Andrew, 2010. "Do differences in the scale of irrigation projects generate different impacts on poverty and production?," IFPRI discussion papers 1022, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Ragan Petrie & Michael Roth, 2005.
"Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 160-179.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Petrie, Ragan & Roth, Michael, 2003. "Farm Household Production Efficiency: Evidence from The Gambia," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Daniel Solís & Boris E. Bravo‐Ureta & Ricardo E. Quiroga, 2009. "Technical Efficiency among Peasant Farmers Participating in Natural Resource Management Programmes in Central America," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 202-219, February.
- Natalia Pimenta Monteiro, 2010.
"Using propensity matching estimators to evaluate the impact of privatization on wages,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(10), pages 1293-1313.
- Natalia Pimenta Monteiro, 2004. "Using Propensity Matching Estimators To Evaluate The Impact Of Privatisation On Wages," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 61, Royal Economic Society.
- Natália Pimenta Monteiro, 2004. "Using propensity matching estimators to evaluate the impact of privatisation on wages," NIPE Working Papers 12/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007.
"Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Solís, Daniel & Moreira, Victor & Maripani, José & Thiam, Abdourahmane & Rivas, Teodoro, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in Farming: A Meta-regression analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Subal Kumbhakar & Efthymios Tsionas & Timo Sipiläinen, 2009. "Joint estimation of technology choice and technical efficiency: an application to organic and conventional dairy farming," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 151-161, June.
- Alan Collins & Richard I. D. Harris, 2005. "The Impact Of Foreign Ownership And Efficiency On Pollution Abatement Expenditure By Chemical Plants: Some Uk Evidence," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(5), pages 747-768, November.
- Ariel Dinar & Giannis Karagiannis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2007. "Evaluating the impact of agricultural extension on farms' performance in Crete: a nonneutral stochastic frontier approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 135-146, March.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053.
- Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2009.
"Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 5-86, March.
- Guido M. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M. & Imbens, Guido, 2009. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," Scholarly Articles 3043416, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Guido Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent developments in the econometrics of program evaluation," CeMMAP working papers CWP24/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3640, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- William Greene, 2010.
"A stochastic frontier model with correction for sample selection,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 15-24, August.
- William Greene, 2008. "A Stochastic Frontier Model with Correction for Sample Selection," Working Papers 08-9, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Pedro Cerdán-Infantes & Alessandro Maffioli & Diego Ubfal, 2008. "The Impact of Agricultural Extension Services: The Case of Grape Production in Argentina," OVE Working Papers 0508, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Sanzidur Rahman & Aree Wiboonpongse & Songsak Sriboonchitta & Yaovarate Chaovanapoonphol, 2009. "Production Efficiency of Jasmine Rice Producers in Northern and North‐eastern Thailand," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 419-435, June.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Rodriguez, Divina Gracia P. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Aragon, Corazono T., 2007. "Impacts of an Agricultural Development Program for Poor Coconut Producers in the Philippines: An Approach Using Panel Data and Propensity Score Matching Techniques," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1-24, December.
- W. David Bradford & Andrew N. Kleit & Marie A. Krousel-Wood & Richard N. Re, 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Estimation Of Cost Models Within The Hospital," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 302-309, May.
- Carlos D. Mayen & Joseph V. Balagtas & Corinne E. Alexander, 2010. "Technology Adoption and Technical Efficiency: Organic and Conventional Dairy Farms in the United States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(1), pages 181-195.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- Romina Cavatassi & Mario González & Paul Winters & Jorge Andrade-Piedra & Graham Thiele & Patricio Espinosa, 2009. "Linking Smallholders to the New Agricultural Economy: An Evaluation of the Plataformas Program in Ecuador," Working Papers 09-06, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008.
"Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, February.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic frontiers; Technical efficiency; Propensity score matching; Sample selection; Honduras; D24; Q2; Q12; Q16;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:43:y:2012:i:1:p:55-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.