The allocation of talent: finance versus entrepreneurship
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Cahuc & Edouard Challe, 2012.
"Produce Or Speculate? Asset Bubbles, Occupational Choice, And Efficiency,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1105-1131, November.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Challe, Edouard, 2009. "Produce or Speculate? Asset Bubbles, Occupational Choice and Efficiency," CEPR Discussion Papers 7602, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cahuc, P. & Challe, E., 2010. "Produce or speculate? Asset bubbles, occupational choice and efficiency," Working papers 298, Banque de France.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Challe, Edouard, 2009. "Produce or Speculate? Asset Bubbles, Occupational Choice and Efficiency," IZA Discussion Papers 4630, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Piketty & Gabriel Zucman, 2014.
"Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries 1700–2010,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 129(3), pages 1255-1310.
- Piketty, Thomas & Zucman, Gabriel, 2013. "Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries, 1700-2010," CEPR Discussion Papers 9588, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Piketty, Thomas & Zucman, Gabriel, 2014. "Capital is back: wealth-income ratios in rich countries 1700-2010," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66106, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Thomas Piketty & Gabriel Zucman, 2014. "Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries 1700–2010," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01109372, HAL.
- Kamil Galuscak & Lubomir Lizal, 2011.
"The Impact of Capital Measurement Error Correction on Firm-Level Production Function Estimation,"
2011/09, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Lubomir Lizal & Kamil Galu??????k, 2012. "The Impact of Capital Measurement Error Correction on Firm-Level Production Function Estimation," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1026, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 2014.
"Finance and the Preservation of Wealth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 129(3), pages 1221-1254.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, "undated". "Finance and the Preservation of Wealth," Working Paper 81051, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Gennaioli, Nicola & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 2014. "Finance and the Preservation of Wealth," CEPR Discussion Papers 9890, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gennaioli, N. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, R., 2014. "Finance and the Preservation of Wealth," Scholarly Articles 27814562, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 2013. "Finance and the Preservation of Wealth," NBER Working Papers 19117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Santiago Budria Rodriguez & Javier Diaz-Gimenez & Vincenzo Quadrini & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 2002. "Updated facts on the U.S. distributions of earnings, income, and wealth," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 2-35.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Thomas M. Eisenbach & Yuliy Sannikov, 2012. "Macroeconomics with Financial Frictions: A Survey," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000384, David K. Levine.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, January.
- Jean Arcand & Enrico Berkes & Ugo Panizza, 2015. "Too much finance?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 105-148, June.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Strömberg, 2003.
"Financial Contracting Theory Meets the Real World: An Empirical Analysis of Venture Capital Contracts,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 281-315.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Stromberg, 2000. "Financial Contracting Theory Meets the Real World: An Empirical Analysis of Venture Capital Contracts," NBER Working Papers 7660, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Steven & Strömberg, Per Johan, 2000. "Financial Contracting Theory Meets The Real World: An Empirical Analysis Of Venture Capital Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 2421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Per Strömberg, 2000. "Financial Contracting Theory Meets the Real World: An Empirical Analysis of Venture Capital Contracts," CRSP working papers 513, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "Rationalizability, Learning, and Equilibrium in Games with Strategic Complementarities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1255-1277, November.
- Thomas Philippon, 2010. "Financiers versus Engineers: Should the Financial Sector Be Taxed or Subsidized?," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 158-182, July.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-846, July-Aug..
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. " A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-652, Special I.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Facundo Albornoz & Antonio Cabrales & Esther Hauk, 2017. "Occupational Choice with Endogenous Spillovers," Working Papers 972, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Khabibulina, Liliya & Hefti, Andreas, 2015. "Talent Allocation, Financial Intermediation and Growth: Evidence and Theory," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113095, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Pablo Kurlat, 2016. "The Social Value of Financial Expertise," NBER Working Papers 22047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pablo Kurlat, 2017. "The Social Value of Financial Expertise," 2017 Meeting Papers 134, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
KeywordsTalent; Financial sector; Matching; Productivity;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2015-01-14 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-ENT-2015-01-14 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-MAC-2015-01-14 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eui:euiwps:eco2014/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Valerio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiueit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.