Estimating the effect of exchange rate changes on total exports
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thierry Mayer & Walter Steingress, 2019. "Estimating the Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Total Exports," Staff Working Papers 19-17, Bank of Canada.
References listed on IDEAS
- Menzie Chinn, 2006.
"A Primer on Real Effective Exchange Rates: Determinants, Overvaluation, Trade Flows and Competitive Devaluation,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 115-143, January.
- Menzie D. Chinn, 2005. "A Primer on Real Effective Exchange Rates: Determinants, Overvaluation, Trade Flows and Competitive Devaluation," NBER Working Papers 11521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zoltan Jakab & Pavel Lukyantsau & Shengzu Wang, 2015. "A Global Projection Model for Euro Area Large Economies," IMF Working Papers 15/50, International Monetary Fund.
- Marc Klau & San Sau Fung, 2006. "The new BIS effective exchange rate indices," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Gita Gopinath & Emine Boz & Camila Casas & Federico J. Díez & Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Mikkel Plagborg-Møller, 2016. "Dominant Currency Paradigm," NBER Working Papers 22943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michel Fouquin & Jules Hugot, 2016.
"Two Centuries of Bilateral Trade and Gravity data: 1827-2014,"
015129, Universidad Javeriana - Bogotá.
- Michel Fouquin & Jules Hugot, 2016. "Two Centuries of Bilateral Trade and Gravity Data: 1827-2014," Working Papers 2016-14, CEPII research center.
- Nikhil Patel & Zhi Wang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2014.
"Global Value Chains and Effective Exchange Rates at the Country-Sector Level,"
NBER Working Papers
20236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikhil Patel & Zhi Wang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2017. "Global value chains and effective exchange rates at the country-sector level," BIS Working Papers 637, Bank for International Settlements.
- Robert J. Vigfusson & Nathan Sheets & Joseph Gagnon, 2009. "Exchange Rate Passthrough to Export Prices: Assessing Cross‐Country Evidence," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 17-33, February.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Jaewoo Lee & Sarma Jayanthi, 2006. "New Rates from New Weights," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(2), pages 1-4.
- Russell Barnett & Karyne B. Charbonneau & Guillaume Poulin-Bellisle, 2016. "A New Measure of the Canadian Effective Exchange Rate," Discussion Papers 16-1, Bank of Canada.
More about this item
Keywordstrade elasticity; real effective exchange rate; gravity equation; dominant currency paradigm; aggregation bias;
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2019-06-17 (International Trade)
- NEP-MON-2019-06-17 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2019-06-17 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:786. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .