Estimating the Adoption of Bt Eggplant in India: Who Benefits from Public-Private Partnership?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin, 2007. "Estimating the adoption of Bt eggplant in India: Who Benefits from public-private partnership?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 523-543.
References listed on IDEAS
- Qaim, Matin, 2003. "Bt Cotton in India: Field Trial Results and Economic Projections," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2115-2127, December.
- Carl E. Pray & Anwar Naseem, 2003. "The Economics of Agricultural Biotechnology," Working Papers 03-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Donald M. McLeod & Olvar Bergland, 1999. "Willingness-to-Pay Estimates Using the Double-Bounded Dichotomous-Choice Contingent Valuation Format: A Test for Validity and Precision in a Bayesian Framework," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(1), pages 115-125.
- Rausser, Gordon & Simon, Leo & Ameden, Holly, 2000. "Public-private alliances in biotechnology: Can they narrow the knowledge gaps between rich and poor?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 499-513, August.
- Naylor, Rosamond L. & Falcon, Walter P. & Goodman, Robert M. & Jahn, Molly M. & Sengooba, Theresa & Tefera, Hailu & Nelson, Rebecca J., 2004. "Biotechnology in the developing world: a case for increased investments in orphan crops," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 15-44, February.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clem, 2001.
"Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental, health and sustainability costs,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 449-462, December.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2000. "Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental health and sustainability costs," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48363, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- repec:oup:revage:v:26:y:2004:i:1:p:32-44. is not listed on IDEAS
- Matin Qaim & Arjunan Subramanian & Gopal Naik & David Zilberman, 2006. "Adoption of Bt Cotton and Impact Variability: Insights from India," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 48-58.
- Marra, Michele C. & Hubbell, Bryan J. & Carlson, Gerald A., 2001. "Information Quality, Technology Depreciation, And Bt Cotton Adoption In The Southeast," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Matin Qaim & Alain de Janvry, 2003. "Genetically Modified Crops, Corporate Pricing Strategies, and Farmers' Adoption: The Case of Bt Cotton in Argentina," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 814-828.
- Bradford L. Barham & Jeremy D. Foltz & Sunung Moon & Douglas Jackson-Smith, 2004.
"A Comparative Analysis of Recombinant Bovine Somatotropin Adoption across Major U.S. Dairy Regions,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 32-44.
- Bradford L. Barham & Jeremy D. Foltz & Sunung Moon & Douglas Jackson-Smith, 2004. "A Comparative Analysis of Recombinant Bovine Somatotropin Adoption across Major U.S. Dairy Regions," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 32-44.
- Alok Bohara & Joe Kerkvliet & Robert Berrens, 2001. "Addressing Negative Willingness to Pay in Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 173-195, November.
- Payne, Tim & Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Daberkow, Stan G., 2003. "Factors Affecting The Likelihood Of Corn Rootworm Bt Seed Adoption," 2003 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 2003, Denver, Colorado 35983, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- John Crooker & Joseph Herriges, 2004. "Parametric and Semi-Nonparametric Estimation of Willingness-to-Pay in the Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation Framework," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(4), pages 451-480, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fuchs, Doris & Glaab, Katharina, 2011. "Material power and normative conflict in global and local agrifood governance: The lessons of ‘Golden Rice’ in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 729-735.
- Arora, Anchal & Bansal, Sangeeta & Ward, Patrick S., 2015. "Eliciting farmersâ€™ valuation for abiotic stress-tolerant rice in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1409, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vijesh Krishna & Matin Qaim & David Zilberman, 2016.
"Transgenic crops, production risk and agrobiodiversity,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 137-164.
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin & Zilberman, David, 2014. "Transgenic Crops, Production Risk, and Agrobiodiversity," Discussion Papers 164678, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Stefan Mann, 2014. "A Comparative Study of Institutionalizing Public Plant Breeding," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 373-383, September.
- Kenneth, Akankwasa & Gerald, Ortmann & Edilegnaw, Wale & Wilberforce, Tushemereirwe, 2012. "Ex-Ante Adoption of New Cooking Banana (Matooke) Hybrids in Uganda Based on Farmers' Perceptions," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123302, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jin, Shaosheng & Guo, Haiyue & Mao, Feiying & Zhou, Lin & Cheng, Guangyan, 2. "Willingness To Pay For Implementing Haccp Systems In Chinaâ€™S Small And Medium-Sized Food Enterprises," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 4(2).
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Pascual, Unai & Zilberman, David, 2009. "Channeling consumption preferences for co-existence of landrace and modern varieties in-situ," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51748, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kouser, Shahzad & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Impact of Bt cotton on pesticide poisoning in smallholder agriculture: A panel data analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2105-2113, September.
- Horna, J. Daniela & Smale, Melinda & Al-Hassan, Ramatu M. & Falck-Zepeda, Jose Benjamin & Timpo, Samuel E., 2008.
"Insecticide Use on Vegetables in Ghana: Would GM Seed Benefit Farmers?,"
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida
6506, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Horna, Daniela & Smale, Melinda & Al-Hassan, Ramatu & Falck-Zepeda, José & Timpo, Samuel E., 2008. "Insecticide use on vegetables in Ghana: Would GM seed benefit farmers?," IFPRI discussion papers 785, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Breustedt, Gunnar & Muller-Scheessel, Jorg & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe, 2008. "Forecasting the Adoption of GM Oilseed Rape: Evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36771, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Pesticide Reduction Sustainability of Bt Technology in India," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114696, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sadashivappa, Prakash & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "Effects of Bt Cotton in India During the First Five Years of Adoption," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49947, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ponnusamy, K. & Das, Dutta M. & Bonny, Binoo P. & Mishra, S., 2014. "PPP and Gender Mainstreaming in Agriculture: Lessons from Field Studies," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 27(2014).
- Gupta, Aarti, 2011. "An evolving science-society contract in India: The search for legitimacy in anticipatory risk governance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 736-741.
- Arora, Anchal & Bansal, Sangeeta & Ward, Patrick S., 2015. "Do farmers value rice varieties tolerant to droughts and floods? Evidence from a discrete choice experiment in Odisha, India," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204881, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2010. "Expected Impacts Of Biotechnology On Food Safety In Central And Eastern European Countries," 14th ICABR Conference, June 16-18, 2010, Ravello, Italy 187980, International Consortium on Applied Bioeconomy Research (ICABR).
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Bt cotton and sustainability of pesticide reductions in India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 47-55.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic-private partnership; biotechnology; Bt eggplant; adoption; willingness to pay; India; Crop Production/Industries; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae06:25311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .