Consumer Attitudes towards Sustainability Attributes on Food Labels
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Saunders, Caroline M. & Guenther, Meike & Kaye-Blake, William & Miller, Sini & Tait, Peter R., 2010. "Consumer attitudes towards sustainability attributes on food labels," 2010 Conference, August 26-27, 2010, Nelson, New Zealand 96944, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- William Henry Kaye-Blake & Walt L. Abell & Eva Zellman, 2009.
"Respondents' ignoring of attribute information in a choice modelling survey,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), pages 547-564, October.
- Kaye-Blake, William & Abell, Walter L. & Zellman, Eva, 2009. "Respondents’ ignoring of attribute information in a choice modelling survey," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), December.
- Noussair, Charles & Robin, Stephane & Ruffieux, Bernard, 2002.
"Do consumers not care about biotech foods or do they just not read the labels?,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 47-53, March.
- Noussair, C. & Robin, S. & Ruffieux, B., 2001. "Do Consumers Not Care about Biotech Foods or Do They Just Not Read the Labels?," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1142, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Scarpa, Riccardo & Rose, John M., 2008.
"Design efficiency for non-market valuation with choice modelling: how to measure it, what to report and why,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), September.
- Riccardo Scarpa & John M. Rose, 2008. "Design efficiency for non-market valuation with choice modelling: how to measure it, what to report and why ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), pages 253-282, September.
- John M. Rose & Riccardo Scarpa, 2007. "Designs Efficiency for Non-market Valuation with Choice Modelling: How to Measure It, What to Report and Why," Working Papers in Economics 07/21, University of Waikato.
- Denzil G. Fiebig & Michael P. Keane & Jordan Louviere & Nada Wasi, 2010. "The Generalized Multinomial Logit Model: Accounting for Scale and Coefficient Heterogeneity," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 393-421, 05-06.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, March.
- McCluskey, Jill J. & Loureiro, Maria L., 2003. "Consumer Preferences And Willingness To Pay For Food Labeling: A Discussion Of Empirical Studies," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(03), November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Cavaliere, Alessia & Ricci, Elena Claire, 2012. "Food labelled Information: An Empirical Analysis of Consumer Preferences," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144960, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Taylor, Rebecca & Krovetz, Hannah, 2016.
"Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt9vh3x180, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Hannah Krovetz & Rebecca Taylor & Sofia Villas-Boas, 2017. "Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought," NBER Working Papers 23495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sackett, Hillary & Shupp, Robert & Tonsor, Glynn, 3. "Differentiating Â€Œsustainableâ€ From Â€Œorganicâ€ And Â€Œlocalâ€ Food Choices: Does Information About Certification Criteria Help Consumers?," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 4(3).
- Sackett, Hillary M. & Shupp, Robert & Tonsor, Glynn, 2013.
"Consumer Perceptions of Sustainable Farming Practices: A Best-Worst Scenario,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(2), August.
- Sackett, Hillary M. & Shupp, Robert & Tonsor, Glynn, 2013. "Consumer Perceptions of Sustainable Farming Practices: A Best-Worst Scenario," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 275-290, August.
- Sackett, Hillary M. & Shupp, Robert S. & Tonsor, Glynn T., 2011. "Consumer Perceptions of Sustainable Farming Practices: A Best-Worst Scenario," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103791, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:nbr:nberch:13949 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mamouni Limnios, Elena & Schilizzi, Steven G.M. & Burton, Michael & Ong, Angeline & Hynes, Niki, 2016. "Willingness to pay for product ecological footprint: Organic vs non-organic consumers," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 338-348.
- Iancu Ramona Maria, 2014. "Consumers’ Perception and Behavior Towards Ecosanogene Products Made by Goat Milk," Management of Sustainable Development, De Gruyter Open, vol. 6(2), pages 87-92, December.
- Xiaogu Li & Christopher Clark & Kimberly Jensen & Steven Yen, 2014. "Will consumers follow climate leaders? The effect of manufacturer participation in a voluntary environmental program on consumer preferences," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 16(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Sporleder, Eva M. & Kayser, Maike & Friedrich, Nina & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2014. "Consumer Preferences for Sustainably Produced Bananas: A Discrete Choice Experiment," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(1).
- Li, Xiaogu & Jensen, Kimberly L. & Clark, Christopher D. & Lambert, Dayton M., 2016. "Consumer willingness to pay for beef grown using climate friendly production practices," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 93-106.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Cavaliere, Alessia & Ricci, Elena Claire, 2012. "Food Labelled Information: An Empirical Analysis," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 3(2).
More about this item
KeywordsWillingness to pay; Choice experiment; Food labelling; Sustainability; Cross-country comparison; Agricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Environmental Economics and Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Q18; Q51; Q56;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-03-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2011-03-05 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENE-2011-03-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-03-05 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2011-03-05 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare11:100716. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.