Consumer willingness to pay for beef grown using climate friendly production practices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian A. Vossler & Maurice Doyon & Daniel Rondeau, 2012.
"Truth in Consequentiality: Theory and Field Evidence on Discrete Choice Experiments,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 145-171, November.
- Frédéric Roy-Vigneault & Daniel Rondeau & Maurice Doyon & Christian A. Vossler, 2010. "Truth in Consequentiality: Theory and Field Evidence on Discrete Choice Experiments," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-43, CIRANO.
- Shi, Lijia & Gao, Zhifeng & Chen, Xuqi, 2014.
"The cross-price effect on willingness-to-pay estimates in open-ended contingent valuation,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 13-21.
- Shi, Lijia & Chen, Xuqi & Gao, Zhifeng, 2013. "The Cross-Price Effect on Willingness-to-pay Estimates in Open-ended Contingent Valuation," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150774, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- R. K. Blamey & J. W. Bennett & M. D. Morrison, 1999. "Yea-Saying in Contingent Valuation Surveys," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(1), pages 126-141.
- David Roodman, 2011. "Fitting fully observed recursive mixed-process models with cmp," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 11(2), pages 159-206, June.
- Laura O. Taylor & Ronald G. Cummings, 1999. "Unbiased Value Estimates for Environmental Goods: A Cheap Talk Design for the Contingent Valuation Method," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 649-665, June.
- Kessler, Anna & Goddard, Ellen & Parkins, John, 2013. "Exploring Factors That Influence Perceptions of Using Genomics for Emission Reductions in Beef Cattle," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150419, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1984. "Welfare Evaluations in Contingent Valuation Experiments with Discrete Responses," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 332-341.
- John List & Craig Gallet, 2001. "What Experimental Protocol Influence Disparities Between Actual and Hypothetical Stated Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-254, November.
- Vossler, Christian A. & Watson, Sharon B., 2013.
"Understanding the consequences of consequentiality: Testing the validity of stated preferences in the field,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 137-147.
- Vossler, Christian & Watson, Sharon, 2012. "Understanding the consequences of consequentiality: Testing the validity of stated preferences in the field," MPRA Paper 48109, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yuko Onozaka & Dawn Thilmany Mcfadden, 2011. "Does Local Labeling Complement or Compete with Other Sustainable Labels? A Conjoint Analysis of Direct and Joint Values for Fresh Produce Claim," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 689-702.
- Herriges, Joseph & Kling, Catherine & Liu, Chih-Chen & Tobias, Justin, 2010.
"What are the consequences of consequentiality?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 67-81, January.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L. & Liu, Chih-Chen & Tobias, Justin, 2009. "What Are the Consequences of Consequentiality?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13034, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Herriges, Joseph & Kling, Catherine L. & Liu, Chih-Chen & Tobias, Justin, 2010. "What are the consequences of consequentiality?," ISU General Staff Papers 201001010800001561, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jerome Vanclay & John Shortiss & Scott Aulsebrook & Angus Gillespie & Ben Howell & Rhoda Johanni & Michael Maher & Kelly Mitchell & Mark Stewart & Jim Yates, 2011. "Customer Response to Carbon Labelling of Groceries," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 153-160, March.
- Saunders, Caroline M. & Guenther, Meike & Kaye-Blake, William & Miller, Sini & Tait, Peter R., 2010.
"Consumer attitudes towards sustainability attributes on food labels,"
2010 Conference, August 26-27, 2010, Nelson, New Zealand
96944, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Tait, Peter R. & Miller, Sini & Abell, Walter L. & Kaye-Blake, William & Guenther, Meike & Saunders, Caroline M., 2011. "Consumer Attitudes towards Sustainability Attributes on Food Labels," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100716, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Dayton Lambert & Christopher Clark & Michael Wilcox & Seong-Hoon Cho, 2011. "Distance, density, local amenities, and suburban development preferences in a rapidly growing East Tennessee county," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(4), pages 519-532, December.
- Lambert, Dayton M. & English, Burton & Harper, David & Larkin, Sherry L. & Laron, James & Mooney, Daniel F. & Roberts, Roland & Velandia, Margarita & Reeves, Jeanne, 2014. "Corrigendum to “Adoption and Frequency of Precision Soil Testing in Cotton Production”," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-1.
- Pelletier, Nathan & Pirog, Rich & Rasmussen, Rebecca, 2010. "Comparative life cycle environmental impacts of three beef production strategies in the Upper Midwestern United States," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(6), pages 380-389, July.
- Van Loo, Ellen J. & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Verbeke, Wim, 2014. "Consumers’ valuation of sustainability labels on meat," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 137-150.
- Grischa Perino & Luca A. Panzone & Timothy Swanson, 2014. "Motivation Crowding In Real Consumption Decisions: Who Is Messing With My Groceries?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(2), pages 592-607, April.
- Garnett, Tara, 2011. "Where are the best opportunities for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the food system (including the food chain)?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(S1), pages 23-32.
- Raymond L. Desjardins & Devon E. Worth & Xavier P. C. Vergé & Dominique Maxime & Jim Dyer & Darrel Cerkowniak, 2012. "Carbon Footprint of Beef Cattle," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(12), pages 1-23, December.
- Lambert, Dayton M. & English, Burton C. & Harper, David C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Larson, James A. & Mooney, Daniel F. & Roberts, Roland K. & Velandia, Margarita & Reeves, Jeanne M., 2014. "Adoption and Frequency of Precision Soil Testing in Cotton Production," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-18, April.
- Carola Grebitus & Bodo Steiner & Michele Veeman, 2013. "Personal Values and Decision Making: Evidence from Environmental Footprint Labeling in Canada," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(2), pages 397-403.
- repec:eee:aumajo:v:21:y:2013:i:4:p:240-249 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chalmers, Neil George & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Shackley, Simon, 2014. "How prices affect Scottish household demand for milk products and their low carbon alternatives?," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182965, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- John A. List, 2001.
"Do Explicit Warnings Eliminate the Hypothetical Bias in Elicitation Procedures? Evidence from Field Auctions for Sportscards,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1498-1507, December.
- John List, 2001. "Do explicit warnings eliminate the hypothetical bias in elicitation procedures? Evidence from field auctions for sportscards," Framed Field Experiments 00163, The Field Experiments Website.
- repec:ags:stataj:180074 is not listed on IDEAS
- Panzone, Luca & Perino, Grischa & Swanson, Timothy & Leung, Denise, 2011. "Testing for the Best Instrument to Generate Sustainable Food Consumption," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-16, December.
- James R. Blaylock & W. Noel Blisard, 1992. "U.S. Cigarette Consumption: The Case of Low-Income Women," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(3), pages 698-705.
- Garnett, Tara, 2011. "Where are the best opportunities for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the food system (including the food chain)?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(Supplemen), pages 23-32, January.
- Bunch, David S., 1991. "Estimability in the Multinomial Probit Model," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1gf1t128, University of California Transportation Center.
- Bunch, David S., 1991. "Estimability in the multinomial probit model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-12, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:9:p:3058-:d:166225 is not listed on IDEAS
- McLeod, Elizabeth & Jensen, Kimberly & Griffith, Andrew & Lewis, Karen, 2017. "Tennessee Beef Producers' Willingness to Participate in a Tennessee Branded Beef Program," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252649, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:6:p:1990-:d:152284 is not listed on IDEAS
- Penn, Jerrod & Hu, Wuyang & Ye, Tao, 2018. "Cheap Talk, Consequentiality, and Certainty Follow-up as Hypothetical Bias Mitigation Techniques: A Cross Country Comparison," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274018, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsBeef; GHG emissions; Willingness to pay; Consequentiality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:64:y:2016:i:c:p:93-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.