Estimating Gravity Equation Models in the Presence of Sample Selection and Heteroskedasticity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bo Xiong & Sixia Chen, 2014. "Estimating gravity equation models in the presence of sample selection and heteroscedasticity," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(24), pages 2993-3003, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel J Felbermayr & Wilhelm Kohler, 2014.
"Exploring the Intensive and Extensive Margins of World Trade,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: European Economic Integration, WTO Membership, Immigration and Offshoring, chapter 4, pages 115-148
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Gabriel J. Felbermayr & Wilhelm Kohler, 2006. "Exploring the Intensive and Extensive Margins of World Trade," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 142(4), pages 642-674, December.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Wilhelm Kohler, 2004. "Exploring the Intensive and Extensive Margins of World Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 1276, CESifo Group Munich.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Kohler, Wilhelm K., 2006. "Exploring the intensive and extensive margins of world trade," Munich Reprints in Economics 20610, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Novy, Dennis, 2013.
"International trade without CES: Estimating translog gravity,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 271-282.
- Dennis Novy, 2010. "International Trade without CES: Estimating Translog Gravity," CESifo Working Paper Series 3008, CESifo Group Munich.
- Novy, Dennis, 2012. "International Trade without CES: Estimating Translog Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 9125, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Novy, Dennis, 2013. "International trade without CES: estimating translog gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57367, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Novy, Dennis, 2010. "International Trade without CES: Estimating Translog Gravity," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 32, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Novy, Dennis, 2012. "International Trade without CES: Estimating Translog Gravity," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 101, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Dennis Novy, 2010. "International Trade Without CES: Estimating Translog Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp1031, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Martijn Burger & Frank van Oort & Gert-Jan Linders, 2009.
"On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-inflated Estimation,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 167-190.
- Burger, M.J. & van Oort, F.G. & Linders, G.J.M., 2009. "On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-Inflated Estimation," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-003-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Besedes, Tibor & Prusa, Thomas J., 2011.
"The role of extensive and intensive margins and export growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 371-379, November.
- Tibor Besedes & Thomas J. Prusa, 2007. "The Role of Extensive and Intensive Margins and Export Growth," NBER Working Papers 13628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert & Davidson, Russell, 1983.
"Tests for model specification in the presence of alternative hypotheses : Some further results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1981. "Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses: Some Further Results," Working Papers 430, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, January.
- Maddala,G. S., 1986. "Limited-Dependent and Qualitative Variables in Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521338257, March.
- shepherd, Ben, 2010.
"Geographical Diversification of Developing Country Exports,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1217-1228, September.
- Shepherd, Ben, 2008. "Geographical Diversification of Developing Country Exports," MPRA Paper 11267, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Costas Arkolakis, 2010.
"Market Penetration Costs and the New Consumers Margin in International Trade,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(6), pages 1151-1199.
- Costas Arkolakis, 2008. "Market Penetration Costs and the New Consumers Margin in International Trade," NBER Working Papers 14214, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason H. Grant & Kathryn A. Boys, 2012. "Agricultural Trade and the GATT/WTO: Does Membership Make a Difference?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(1), pages 1-24.
- Ranjan, Priya & Tobias, Justin, 2007. "Bayesian Inference in the Gravity Model," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12721, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:lmu:muenar:20646 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin Sun & Michael R. Reed, 2010. "Impacts of Free Trade Agreements on Agricultural Trade Creation and Trade Diversion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1351-1363.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Cipollina & Luca Salvatici & Luca De Benedictis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2013. "A note on dummies for policies in gravity models: a Montecarlo experiment," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0180, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Martin,William J. & Pham,Cong S., 2015. "Estimating the gravity model when zero trade flows are frequent and economically determined," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7308, The World Bank.
- Anirudh Shingal, 2016. "Colonial legacy, services trade and LDCs," RSCAS Working Papers 2016/70, European University Institute.
- Xiong, Bo & Beghin, John C. & Marette, Stephan, 2013. "Gains to French champagne makers from tariff liberalization," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150003, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsgravity equation; heteroskedasticity; zeros; nonlinear least square; intensive margin; extensive margin; market access; Two-Step Nonlinear Least Square; International Relations/Trade; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; F1; Q1; C5;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-06-25 (Econometrics)
- NEP-INT-2012-06-25 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea12:124530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .