Regulation and Deregulation of the U.S. Banking Industry: Causes, Consequences and Implications for the Future
In: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number
12571.||Handle:|| RePEc:nbr:nberch:12571||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.orgEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Kwan & Robert A. Eisenbeis, 1999. "Mergers of publicly traded banking organizations revisited," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q4, pages 26-37.
- W. Scott Frame & Lawrence J. White, 2004.
"Fussing and fuming over Fannie and Freddie: how much smoke, how much fire?,"
2004-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- W. Scott Frame & Lawrence J. White, 2005. "Fussing and Fuming over Fannie and Freddie: How Much Smoke, How Much Fire?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 159-184, Spring.
- Lawrence White & W. Scott Frame, 2004. "Fussing and Fuming over Fannie and Freddie: How Much Smoke, How Much Fire?," Working Papers 04-27, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian T. Lundblad, 2003.
"Equity Market Liberalization in Emerging Markets,"
Journal of Financial Research,
Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 275-299.
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Randall S. Kroszner & Philip E. Strahan, 2001. "Throwing Good Money After Bad? Board Connections and Conflicts in Bank Lending," NBER Working Papers 8694, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521566087 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huertas, Thomas F., 1983. "The Regulation and Reform of the American Banking System, 1900–1929. By Eugene Nelson White. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1983. Pp. 251," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(04), pages 1043-1044, December.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester, 1998.
"The dollars and sense of bank consolidation,"
98-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Nicola Cetorelli, 2002.
"Life-cycle dynamics in industrial sectors. The role of banking market structure,"
Working Paper Series
WP-02-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Nicola Cetorelli, 2003. "Life-cycle dynamics in industrial sectors: the role of banking market structure," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 135-148.
- Simon H. Kwan & Elizabeth S. Laderman, 1999. "On the portfolio effects of financial convergence - a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 18-31.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Keenan, Michael & Young, Allan, 1991. "Economies of scale and scope in the securities industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 91-107, February.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- White, Eugene, 1995. "Deposit insurance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1541, The World Bank.
- Mark Flannery & Katherine Samolyk, 2005. "Payday lending: do the costs justify the price?," Proceedings 949, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2006. "Are Prudential Supervision and Regulation Pillars of Financial Stability? Evidence from the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William F. Shughart II, 1988. "A Public Choice Perspective of the Banking Act of 1933," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 7(3), pages 595-619, Winter.
- Raymond W. Goldsmith, 1958. "Financial Intermediaries in the American Economy Since 1900," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gold58-1, October.
- Fausto Hernández Trillo, 1997. "The Banking and Financial Structure in the NAFTA Countries and Chile, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997, XX + 266 p. Regulation and Supervision of Financial Institutions in the NAFTA Countries and Beyo," Economía Mexicana NUEVA ÉPOCA, , vol. 0(1), pages 163-166, January-J.
- Abrams, Burton A & Settle, Russell F, 1993. " Pressure-Group Influence and Institutional Change: Branch-Banking Legislation during the Great Depression," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(4), pages 687-705, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:12571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.