Is banking a declining industry? A historical perspective
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rogers, Kevin, 1998. "Product Mix, Bank Powers, and Complementarities at U. S. Commercial Banks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 205-218, March.
- Sarath Delpachitra & Laurence Lester, 2013. "Non-Interest Income: Are Australian Banks Moving Away from their Traditional Businesses?," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 190-199, June.
- Robert DeYoung & Karin P. Roland, 1999. "Product mix and earnings volatility at commercial banks: evidence from a degree of leverage model," Working Paper Series WP-99-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- DeYoung, Robert & Roland, Karin P., 2001. "Product Mix and Earnings Volatility at Commercial Banks: Evidence from a Degree of Total Leverage Model," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 54-84, January.
- Stephen D. Prowse, 1995. "Alternative methods of corporate control in commercial banks," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 24-36.
- Elijah Brewer & William C. Hunter & William E. Jackson, 2004. "Investment opportunity set, product mix, and the relationship between bank CEO compensation and risk-taking," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-36, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Rogers, Kevin & SinkeyJr., Joseph F., 1999. "An analysis of nontraditional activities at U.S. commercial banks," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 25-39, June.
- Mark E. Levonian, 1995. "Why banking isn't declining," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jan20.
- Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2003. "Nontraditional activities and bank efficiency revisited: a distributional analysis for Spanish financial institutions," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 371-395.
- Rogers, Kevin E., 1998. "Nontraditional activities and the efficiency of US commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 467-482, May.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Excess Credit Risk and Bank’s Default Risk An Application of Default Prediction’s Models to Banks from Emerging Market Economies," Finance 0409028, EconWPA.
- Stephen D. Prowse, 1995. "Alternative methods of corporate control in commercial banks," Working Papers 9507, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Rosie Smith & Christos Staikouras & Geoffrey Wood, 2003. "Non-interest income and total income stability," Bank of England working papers 198, Bank of England.
- DeYoung, Robert & Yom, Chiwon, 2008. "On the independence of assets and liabilities: Evidence from U.S. commercial banks, 1990-2005," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 275-303, September.
- Gallo, John G. & Apilado, Vincent P. & Kolari, James W., 1996. "Commercial bank mutual fund activities: Implications for bank risk and profitability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1775-1791, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and banking ; Bank assets ; Financial institutions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:1994:i:may:p:2-21:n:v.18no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .