Underwriting by Commercial Banks: Incentive Conflicts, Scope Economies, and Project Quality
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Jay Pil & Stefanadis, Christodoulos, 2015.
"Monitoring, cross subsidies, and universal banking,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 48-55.
- CHOI, Jay Pil & STEFANADIS, Christodoulos, 2015. "Monitoring, cross subsidies, and universal banking," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-8, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jay Pil Choi & Christodoulos Stefanadis, 2015. "Monitoring, Cross Subsidies, and Universal Banking," CESifo Working Paper Series 5507, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bulan, Laarni & Hull, Tyler, 2013. "The impact of technical defaults on dividend policy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 814-823.
- Philip E. Strahan, 2013. "Too Big to Fail: Causes, Consequences, and Policy Responses," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 43-61, November.
- Hans Gersbach & Harald Uhlig, 2007. "On the Coexistence of Banks and Markets," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(2), pages 225-243, June.
- Chaplinsky, Susan & Erwin, Gayle R., 2009. "Great expectations: Banks as equity underwriters," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 380-389, February.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:259-264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sayuri Shirai, 2001. "Searching for New Regulatory Frameworks for the Intermediate Financial Structure in Post-Crisis Asia," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Lamar Pierce, 2012. "Organizational Structure and the Limits of Knowledge Sharing: Incentive Conflict and Agency in Car Leasing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1106-1121, June.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Kane, Edward J., 2002.
"Event-study evidence of the value of relaxing long-standing regulatory restraints on banks, 1970-2000,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 439-463.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane, 2001. "Event-Study Evidence of the Value of Relaxing Longstanding Regulatory Restraints on Banks, 1970-2000," NBER Working Papers 8594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katsushi Suzuki & Kazuo Yamada, 2010. "Does the Intended Use of Proceeds and Bank's Characteristics Affect the Bank Underwriters' Certification Role? Evidence from Seasoned Equity Offerings," Discussion Papers 2010-55, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Lóránth, Gyöngyi & Morrison, Alan, 2008. "Bank Diversification and Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 7051, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:176-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- HAKIMI Abdelaziz & Ahmet DKHILI Hichem & KHLAIFIA Wafa, 2012. "Universal Banking and Credit Risk: Evidence from Tunisia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(4), pages 496-504.
- Berger, Allen N. & Cummins, J. David & Weiss, Mary A. & Zi, Hongmin, 2000.
"Conglomeration versus Strategic Focus: Evidence from the Insurance Industry,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 323-362, October.
- Allen N. Berger & J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss & Hongmin Zi, 1999. "Conglomeration versus strategic focus: evidence from the insurance industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss & Hongmin Zi, 2000. "Conglomeration Versus Strategic Focus: Evidence from the Insurance Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Neale, Faith R. & Peterson, Pamela P., 2005. "The effect of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act on the insurance industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 317-338.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:128:y:2018:i:1:p:66-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Konishi, Masaru, 2002. "Intertemporal Rent-Seeking in the Banking Industry and Underwriting by Commercial Banks," Hitotsubashi Journal of commerce and management, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 37(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Antonio Gledson de Carvalho & Joao Amaro de Matos & Douglas Beserra Pinheiro & Marcio de Sa Mello, 2015. "Conflicts of Interest in the Underwriting of IPOs and Price Stabilization," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp596, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:30:y:1998:i:1:p:119-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.