Risk, regulation, and bank holding company expansion into nonbanking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory E. Boczar & Stephen A. Rhoades, 1977. "The performance of bank holding company-affiliated finance companies," Staff Studies 90, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rodney N. Johnson & David R. Meinster, 1974. "Bank Holding Companies: Diversification Opportunities in Nonbank Activities," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 1(4), pages 316-323, October.
- Chase, Samuel B, Jr & Mingo, John J, 1975. "The Regulation of Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 281-292, May.
- Buser, Stephen A & Chen, Andrew H & Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Federal Deposit Insurance, Regulatory Policy, and Optimal Bank Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 51-60, March.
- William F. Sharpe, 1977. "Bank Capital Adequacy, Deposit Insurance and Security Values, Part I," NBER Working Papers 0209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David R. Meinster & Rodney D. Johnson, 1979. "Bank Holding Company Diversification and the Risk of Capital Impairment," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 683-694, Autumn.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1988. "The profitability and risk effects of allowing bank holding companies to merge with other financial firms: a simulation study," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 12(Spr), pages 3-20.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 1992. "Creditor country regulations and commercial bank lending to developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 917, The World Bank.
- Richard W. Kopcke, 2000. "Deposit insurance, capital requirements, and financial stability," Working Papers 00-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Alina Mihaela Dima & Simona Vasilache, 2016. "Credit Risk modeling for Companies Default Prediction using Neural Networks," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 127-143, September.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, "undated". "Bank Capital Regulation in General Equilibrium," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 17-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- J. Huston McCulloch, 1978.
"Interest Rate Risk and Capital Adequacy For Traditional Banks and Financial Intermediaries,"
NBER Working Papers
0237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Huston McCulloch, 1978. "Interest Rate Risk and Capital Adequacy for Traditional Banks and Financial Intermediaries," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 86, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Tracey, Belinda & Schnittker, Christian & Sowerbutts, Rhiannon, 2017. "Bank capital and risk-taking: evidence from misconduct provisions," Bank of England working papers 671, Bank of England, revised 09 Oct 2018.
- Gorton, Gary & Winton, Andrew, 2003.
Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 431-552,
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 8928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Buchmüller, Patrik, 2001. "Die Berücksichtigung des operationellen Risikos in der Neuen Basler Eigenkapitalvereinbarung," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 227, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Bhanot, Karan & Larsson, Carl F., 2018. "Uncovering the impact of regulatory uncertainty on credit spreads: A study of the U.S. covered bond experience," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 84-110.
- Laeven, L., 2011. "Bank governance and regulation," Other publications TiSEM d5f6383c-1e7c-48c7-b705-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Mohamed Nurullah & Sotiris K. Staikouras, 2008. "The Separation of Banking from Insurance: Evidence from Europe," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 12(3-4), pages 157-184, September.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Thakor, Anjan V., 2016. "The dark side of liquidity creation: Leverage and systemic risk," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 4-21.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Smith, Clifford Jr., 1997. "Derivatives regulation: Implications for central banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 305-346, October.
- Ramon P. DeGennaro & Larry H. Lang & James B. Thomson, 1991. "Troubled savings and loan institutions: voluntary restructuring under insolvency," Working Papers (Old Series) 9112, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Kevin T. Davis, 1990. "Bank Pricing and Risk-Adjusted Capital Requirements," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 15(2), pages 243-259, December.
- Javier Suárez, 1998. "Risk-taking and the prudential regulation of banks," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(3), pages 307-336, September.
- Anlong Li & Peter H. Ritchken & L. Sankarasubramanian & James B. Thomson, 1993.
"Regulatory taxes, investment, and financing decision for insured banks,"
Working Papers (Old Series)
9303, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Anlong Li & Peter H. Ritchken & L. Sankarasubramanian & James B. Thomson, 1995. "Regulatory taxes, investment and financing decisions for insured banks," Proceedings 477, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Yair E. Orgler & Robert A. Taggart, Jr., 1981. "Implications of Corporate Capital Structure Theory for Banking Institutions," NBER Working Papers 0737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk; Bank investments; Bank holding companies;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmqr:y:1986:i:spr:p:2-17:n:v.10no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfrbmus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.