Payday lending: do the costs justify the price?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mary Zaki, 2016. "Access to Short-term Credit and Consumption Smoothing within the Paycycle," Working Papers 2016.07, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- McKernan, Signe-Mary & Ratcliffe, Caroline & Kuehn, Daniel, 2013. "Prohibitions, price caps, and disclosures: A look at state policies and alternative financial product use," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 207-223.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2007. "Defining and detecting predatory lending," Staff Reports 273, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Philip Bond & David K. Musto & Bilge Yilmaz, 2006. "Predatory lending in rational world," Working Papers 06-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2006.
- Valentina Hartarska & Denis Nadolnyak, 2012. "Board size and diversity as governance mechanisms in community development loan funds in the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(33), pages 4313-4329, November.
- Bolt, Wilko & Humphrey, David, 2015. "Assessing bank competition for consumer loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 127-141.
- Smith, Tony E. & Smith, Marvin M. & Wackes, John, 2008. "Alternative financial service providers and the spatial void hypothesis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 205-227, May.
- Wilson Bart J & Findlay David W. & Meehan James W. & Wellford Charissa & Schurter Karl, 2010. "An Experimental Analysis of the Demand for Payday Loans," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Zinman, Jonathan, 2010.
"Restricting consumer credit access: Household survey evidence on effects around the Oregon rate cap,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 546-556, March.
- Jonathan Zinman, 2008. "Restricting consumer credit access: household survey evidence on effects around the Oregon rate cap," Working Papers 08-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2008.
- W. Parker Wheatley, 2014. "Consumption, Credit, and Institutions: Using Field Research and Theory to Consider Poverty Alleviation," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 57-96, April.
- Randall S. Kroszner & Philip E. Strahan, 2014. "Regulation and Deregulation of the U.S. Banking Industry: Causes, Consequences, and Implications for the Future," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?, pages 485-543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott Carrell & Jonathan Zinman, 2014.
"In Harm's Way? Payday Loan Access and Military Personnel Performance,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(9), pages 2805-2840.
- Jonathan Zinman & Scott Carrell, 2008. "In harm’s way? Payday loan access and military personnel performance," Working Papers 08-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2008.
- Desai, Chintal A. & Elliehausen, Gregory, 2017. "The effect of state bans of payday lending on consumer credit delinquencies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 94-107.
- Li, Mingliang & Mumford, Kevin J. & Tobias, Justin L., 2012. "A Bayesian analysis of payday loans and their regulation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 205-216.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhpr:949. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.