Modeling fresh organic produce consumption with scanner data: a generalized double hurdle model approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Chung L, 1996. "Consumer Preferences and Attitudes towards Organically Grown Produce," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 331-342.
- Steven T. Yen & Andrew M. Jones, 1997. "Household Consumption of Cheese: An Inverse Hyperbolic Sine Double-Hurdle Model with Dependent Errors," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 246-251.
- Helen H. Jensen & Steven T. Yen, 1995.
"U.S. Food Expenditures Away From Home by Type of Meal,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
95-wp143, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Yen, Steven, 1996. "U.S. Food Expenditures Away from Home by Type of Meal," Staff General Research Papers Archive 922, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wagner, Janet & Hanna, Sherman, 1983. " The Effectiveness of Family Life Cycle Variables in Consumer Expenditure Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 281-291, December.
- Steven Yen, 2005. "Zero observations and gender differences in cigarette consumption," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(16), pages 1839-1849.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Carol Newman & Maeve Henchion & Alan Matthews, 2003.
"A double-hurdle model of Irish household expenditure on prepared meals,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 1053-1061.
- Carol Newman & Maeve Henchion & Alan Matthews, 2001. "A Double-Hurdle Model of Irish Household Expenditure on Prepared Meals," Trinity Economics Papers 200119, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Amemiya, Takeshi & Boskin, Michael J, 1974. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Lognormal, with an Application to the Determinants of the Duration of Welfare Dependency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(2), pages 485-496, June.
- Dimitri, Carolyn & Greene, Catherine R., 2002. "Recent Growth Patterns In The U.S. Organic Foods Market," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33715, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Blisard, Noel & Stewart, Hayden & Jolliffe, Dean, 2004.
"Low-Income Households' Expenditures on Fruits and Vegetables,"
Agricultural Information Bulletins
33755, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Blisard, Noel & Stewart, Hayden & Jolliffe, Dean, 2004. "Low-Income Households' Expenditures On Fruits And Vegetables," Agricultural Economics Reports 34041, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1987. "Health Economics and Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 269-274, May.
- Jolly, Desmond A., 1991. "Differences Between Buyers and Nonbuyers of Organic Produce and Willingness to Pay Organic Price Premiums," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 9(1).
- Jones, Andrew M, 1989. "A Double-Hurdle Model of Cigarette Consumption," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 23-39, Jan.-Mar..
- Lin, Tsai-Fen & Schmidt, Peter, 1984. "A Test of the Tobit Specification against an Alternative Suggested by Cragg," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 174-177, February.
- Diansheng Dong & Chanjin Chung & Harry Kaiser, 2004. "Modelling milk purchasing behaviour with a panel data double-hurdle model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 769-779.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cai, Xiaowei & Schroeter, Christiane, 2015. "What Would Popeye Choose: Trends of the U.S. Western Organic vs. Conventional Spinach Purchases," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(01).
- Chen, Bo & Saghaian, Sayed, 2017. "Does Consumers’ Preference for Organic Foods Affect Their Store Format Choices?," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252827, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Campbell, Benjamin L. & Khachatryan, Hayk & Behe, Bridget K. & Dennis, Jennifer & Hall, Charles, 2014. "U.S. and Canadian Consumer Perception of Local and Organic Terminology," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(2).
- Schrock, Rebecca, 2010. "Determinants Of The Demand For Organic And Conventional Fresh Milk In Germany– An Econometric Analysis," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116387, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Costanigro, Marco & Kroll, Stephan & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2012. "Local, Organic, Conventional— Asymmetric Effects of Information and Taste on Label Preferences in an Experimental Auction," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA 123199, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- N’cho, Simon Akahoua & Mourits, Monique & Rodenburg, Jonne & Demont, Matty & Oude Lansink, Alfons, 2014. "Determinants of parasitic weed infestation in rainfed lowland rice in Benin," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 105-115.
- McFadden, Jonathan R. & Huffman, Wallace E., 2017. "Willingness-to-pay for natural, organic, and conventional foods: The effects of information and meaningful labels," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 214-232.
- Carlson, Andrea & Jaenicke, Edward, 2016. "Changes in Retail Organic Price Premiums from 2004 to 2010," Economic Research Report 242448, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Erica Herpen & Erjen Nierop & Laurens Sloot, 2012. "The relationship between in-store marketing and observed sales for organic versus fair trade products," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 293-308, March.
- Schroeter, Christiane & Cai, Xiaowei, 2011. "Itâ€™s All About Produce: Flexing the Muscles of Western U.S. Organic Spinach Consumption," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 10(02).
- Schroeck, Rebecca, 2011. "A Demand System Analysis of Organic and Conventional Fresh Milk in Germany Segmented by Consumer Groups," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115995, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- KONISHI Yoko, 2017. "On the Role of Skill, Quality, and Environmental Factors on Customer Behavior of the Beauty Industry," Discussion papers 17035, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:24:y:2008:i:4:p:510-522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.