Participation,Expenditure and Regressivity in the Irish Lottery:Evidence from Irish Household Budget Survey 2004/2005
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carol Newman & Maeve Henchion & Alan Matthews, 2003.
"A double-hurdle model of Irish household expenditure on prepared meals,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 1053-1061.
- Carol Newman & Maeve Henchion & Alan Matthews, 2001. "A Double-Hurdle Model of Irish Household Expenditure on Prepared Meals," Trinity Economics Papers 200119, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Scott, Frank & Garen, John, 1994. "Probability of purchase, amount of purchase, and the demographic incidence of the lottery tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 121-143, May.
- Farrell, Lisa & Walker, Ian, 1999. "The welfare effects of lotto: evidence from the UK," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 99-120, April.
- Lunn, Pete, 2007. "Fair Play? Sport and Social Disadvantage in Ireland," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI190.
- Levi PÃ©rez & Brad R. Humphreys, 2011. "The Income Elasticity of Lottery: New Evidence from Micro Data," Public Finance Review, , vol. 39(4), pages 551-570, July.
- Yen, Steven T. & Su, Shew-Jiuan, 1995. "Modeling U.S. Butter Consumption With Zero Observations," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Suits, Daniel B, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 747-752, September.
- David Aristei & Luca Pieroni, 2008.
"A double-hurdle approach to modelling tobacco consumption in Italy,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(19), pages 2463-2476.
- David Aristei & Luca Pieroni, 2007. "A Double-Hurdle Approach to Modelling Tobacco Consumption in Italy," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 29/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Steven T. Yen & Andrew M. Jones, 1997. "Household Consumption of Cheese: An Inverse Hyperbolic Sine Double-Hurdle Model with Dependent Errors," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 246-251.
- Yen, Steven & Su, Shew-Jiuan, 1995. "Modeling U.S. Butter Consumption with Zero Observations," Staff General Research Papers Archive 863, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nolan, Brian, 2009. "Income Inequality and Public Policy," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 40(4), pages 489-510.
- Victoria Ateca-Amestoy, 2008. "Determining heterogeneous behavior for theater attendance," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(2), pages 127-151, June.
- Jones, Andrew M, 1989. "A Double-Hurdle Model of Cigarette Consumption," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 23-39, Jan.-Mar..
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- John R. Livernois, 1986. "The Taxing Game of Lotteries in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 12(4), pages 622-627, December.
- Humphreys, Brad & Lee, Yang Seung & Soebbing, Brian, 2009. "Consumer Behaviour in Lotto Markets: The Double Hurdle Approach and Zeros in Gambling Survey Data," Working Papers 2009-27, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Garcia, Jaume & Labeaga, Jose M, 1996. "Alternative Approaches to Modelling Zero Expenditure: An Application to Spanish Demand for Tobacco," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 489-506, August.
- Seval Mutlu & Azucena Gracia, 2006. "Spanish food expenditure away from home (FAFH): by type of meal," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1037-1047.
- Steven T. Yen & Helen H. Jensen, 1995. "Determinants of Household Expenditures on Alcohol," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 95-wp144, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Steven Yen, 2005. "Zero observations and gender differences in cigarette consumption," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(16), pages 1839-1849.
- Bailey, Stephen J & Connolly, Stephen, 1997. "The National Lottery: A Preliminary Assessment of Net Additionality," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 44(1), pages 100-112, February.
- Fahey, Tony & Layte, Richard & Gannon, Brenda, 2004. "Sports Participation and Health among Adults in Ireland," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI178.
- John Sawkins & Valerie Dickie, 2002. "National Lottery participation and expenditure: preliminary results using a two stage modelling approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(12), pages 769-773.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:15:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11150-015-9306-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017.
"Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey,"
Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers
1721, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days Out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 83227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education effects on days hospitalized and days out of work by gender: Evidence from Turkey," GLO Discussion Paper Series 156, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017. "Education Effects On Days Hospitalized And Days Out Of Work By Gender: Evidence From Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1715, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Dec 2017.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 11210, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017. "Education Effects On Days Hospitalized And Days Out Of Work By Gender: Evidence From Turkey," Working Papers 2017/7, Turkish Economic Association.
- Eakins, John, 2016.
"An application of the double hurdle model to petrol and diesel household expenditures in Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 84-93.
- John Eakins, 2014. "An Application of the Double Hurdle Model to Petrol and Diesel Household Expenditures in Ireland," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 145, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Jiang, Yuan & House, Lisa A., 2017. "Comparison of the Performance of Count Data Models under Different Zero-Inflation Scenarios Using Simulation Studies," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258342, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tim Friehe & Mario Mechtel, 2017.
"Gambling to leapfrog in status?,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 1291-1319, December.
- Tim Friehe & Mario Mechtel, 2013. "Gambling to Leapfrog in Status?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4174, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mario Mechtel & Tim Friehe, 2014. "Gambling to Leapfrog in Status?," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201404, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:43:y:2012:i:2:p:199-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.