Supplier hoarding, government intervention, and timing for post-disaster crop supply chain recovery
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vitanov, Nikolay K. & Sakai, Kenshi & Jordanov, Ivan P. & Managi, Shunsuke & Demura, Katsuhiko, 2007.
"Analysis of a Japan government intervention on the domestic agriculture market,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 330-335.
- Nikolay K. Vitanov & Kenshi Sakai & Ivan P. Jordanov & Shunsuke Managi & Katsuhiko Demura, 2006. "Analysis of a Japan government intervention on the domestic agriculture market," Papers physics/0607151, arXiv.org.
- Tang, Christopher S., 2006. "Perspectives in supply chain risk management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 451-488, October.
- Christopher L. Gilbert, 2010. "How to Understand High Food Prices," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 398-425.
- Yu, Haisheng & Zeng, Amy Z. & Zhao, Lindu, 2009. "Single or dual sourcing: decision-making in the presence of supply chain disruption risks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 788-800, August.
- Brian Tomlin, 2006. "On the Value of Mitigation and Contingency Strategies for Managing Supply Chain Disruption Risks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 639-657, May.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Akter, Sonia & Mallick, Bishawjit, 2013. "The poverty–vulnerability–resilience nexus: Evidence from Bangladesh," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 114-124.
- Jha, Shikha & Srinivasan, P. V., 1999. "Grain price stabilization in India: Evaluation of policy alternatives," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 93-108, August.
- Jap, Sandy D. & Manolis, Chris & Weitz, Barton A., 1999. "Relationship Quality and Buyer-Seller Interactions in Channels of Distribution," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 303-313, November.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Malhotra, Naresh K., 2005. "Attitude and affect: new frontiers of research in the 21st century," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 477-482, April.
- Buvik, Arnt & Reve, Torger, 2002. "Inter-firm governance and structural power in industrial relationships: the moderating effect of bargaining power on the contractual safeguarding of specific assets," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 261-284, September.
- Qi, Lian, 2013. "A continuous-review inventory model with random disruptions at the primary supplier," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(1), pages 59-74.
- Ranga V. Ramasesh & J. Keith Ord & Jack C. Hayya & Andrew Pan, 1991. "Sole Versus Dual Sourcing in Stochastic Lead-Time (s, Q) Inventory Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(4), pages 428-443, April.
- Fan, Shenggen & Wailes, Eric & Cramer, Gail, 1994.
"Impact of eliminating government interventions on China's rice sector,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(1), September.
- Fan, Shenggen & Wailes, Eric & Cramer, Gail, 1994. "Impact of eliminating government interventions on China's rice sector," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 71-81, September.
- Zhibin (Ben) Yang & Göker Aydın & Volodymyr Babich & Damian R. Beil, 2012. "Using a Dual-Sourcing Option in the Presence of Asymmetric Information About Supplier Reliability: Competition vs. Diversification," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 202-217, April.
- Yimin Wang & Wendell Gilland & Brian Tomlin, 2010. "Mitigating Supply Risk: Dual Sourcing or Process Improvement?," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 489-510, September.
- Jha, Shikha & Srinivasan, P.V., 1999. "Grain price stabilization in India: Evaluation of policy alternatives," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(1), August.
- Shim, Soyeon & Serido, Joyce & Tang, Chuanyi, 2012. "The ant and the grasshopper revisited: The present psychological benefits of saving and future oriented financial behaviors," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 155-165.
- Jiuh-Biing Sheu, 2014. "Green Supply Chain Collaboration for Fashionable Consumer Electronics Products under Third-Party Power Intervention—A Resource Dependence Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(5), pages 1-44, May.
- Vergara, Oscar & Zuba, Gerhard, 2012. "The 2012 US Drought Event and its Impact on the Crop Insurance Industry," AIRCurrents 138949, AIR Worldwide Corporation.
- Riethmuller, Paul & Roe, Terry, 1986. "Government intervention in commodity markets: The case of Japanese rice and wheat policy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 327-349.
- Yossi Sheffi, 2005. "The Resilient Enterprise: Overcoming Vulnerability for Competitive Advantage," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262693496, January.
- Peck, Anne E. & Gray, Roger W., 1980. "Grain reserves -- unresolved issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 26-37, February.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pal, Suresh & Bahl, D. K. & Mruthyunjaya, 1993. "Government interventions in foodgrain markets : The case of India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 414-427, October.
- Brian Tomlin & Yimin Wang, 2005. "On the Value of Mix Flexibility and Dual Sourcing in Unreliable Newsvendor Networks," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 37-57, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSupply chain recovery; Supplier behavior uncertainty; Post-disaster hoarding; Government aid; Crop supply chain;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transe:v:90:y:2016:i:c:p:134-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.