Grid code reinforcements for deeper renewable generation in insular energy systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koliba, Christopher & DeMenno, Mercy & Brune, Nancy & Zia, Asim, 2014. "The salience and complexity of building, regulating, and governing the smart grid: Lessons from a statewide public–private partnership," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 243-252.
- Rona, Berk & Güler, Önder, 2015. "Power system integration of wind farms and analysis of grid code requirements," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 100-107.
- Simoglou, Christos K. & Kardakos, Evaggelos G. & Bakirtzis, Emmanouil A. & Chatzigiannis, Dimitris I. & Vagropoulos, Stylianos I. & Ntomaris, Andreas V. & Biskas, Pandelis N. & Gigantidou, Antiopi & T, 2014. "An advanced model for the efficient and reliable short-term operation of insular electricity networks with high renewable energy sources penetration," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 415-427.
- de Alegría, Iñigo Martinez & Andreu, Jon & Martín, José Luis & Ibañez, Pedro & Villate, José Luis & Camblong, Haritza, 2007. "Connection requirements for wind farms: A survey on technical requierements and regulation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 1858-1872, October.
- Díaz-González, Francisco & Hau, Melanie & Sumper, Andreas & Gomis-Bellmunt, Oriol, 2014. "Participation of wind power plants in system frequency control: Review of grid code requirements and control methods," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 551-564.
- Etxegarai, Agurtzane & Eguia, Pablo & Torres, Esther & Iturregi, Araitz & Valverde, Victor, 2015. "Review of grid connection requirements for generation assets in weak power grids," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1501-1514.
- Mohseni, Mansour & Islam, Syed M., 2012. "Review of international grid codes for wind power integration: Diversity, technology and a case for global standard," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3876-3890.
- Mwasilu, Francis & Justo, Jackson John & Kim, Eun-Kyung & Do, Ton Duc & Jung, Jin-Woo, 2014. "Electric vehicles and smart grid interaction: A review on vehicle to grid and renewable energy sources integration," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 501-516.
- Papathanassiou, Stavros A. & Boulaxis, Nikos G., 2006. "Power limitations and energy yield evaluation for wind farms operating in island systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 457-479.
- Rodrigues, E.M.G. & Godina, R. & Santos, S.F. & Bizuayehu, A.W. & Contreras, J. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2014. "Energy storage systems supporting increased penetration of renewables in islanded systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 265-280.
- Notton, Gilles, 2015. "Importance of islands in renewable energy production and storage: The situation of the French islands," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 260-269.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robles, Eider & Haro-Larrode, Marta & Santos-Mugica, Maider & Etxegarai, Agurtzane & Tedeschi, Elisabetta, 2019. "Comparative analysis of European grid codes relevant to offshore renewable energy installations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 171-185.
- Etxegarai, Agurtzane & Eguia, Pablo & Torres, Esther & Buigues, Garikoitz & Iturregi, Araitz, 2017. "Current procedures and practices on grid code compliance verification of renewable power generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 191-202.
- Carlos A. Platero & José A. Sánchez & Christophe Nicolet & Philippe Allenbach, 2019. "Hydropower Plants Frequency Regulation Depending on Upper Reservoir Water Level," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-1, April.
- Hirase, Yuko & Abe, Kensho & Sugimoto, Kazushige & Sakimoto, Kenichi & Bevrani, Hassan & Ise, Toshifumi, 2018. "A novel control approach for virtual synchronous generators to suppress frequency and voltage fluctuations in microgrids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 699-710.
- Serban, Ioan, 2018. "A control strategy for microgrids: Seamless transfer based on a leading inverter with supercapacitor energy storage system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 221(C), pages 490-507.
- Yang, Chao & Yao, Wei & Fang, Jiakun & Ai, Xiaomeng & Chen, Zhe & Wen, Jinyu & He, Haibo, 2019. "Dynamic event-triggered robust secondary frequency control for islanded AC microgrid," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 821-836.
- Rodrigues, E.M.G. & Godina, R. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2017. "Modelling electrochemical energy storage devices in insular power network applications supported on real data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 315-329.
- Nubia Ilia Ponce de León Puig & Leonardo Acho & José Rodellar, 2018. "Design and Experimental Implementation of a Hysteresis Algorithm to Optimize the Maximum Power Point Extracted from a Photovoltaic System," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-1, July.
- Morsy Nour & José Pablo Chaves-Ávila & Gaber Magdy & Álvaro Sánchez-Miralles, 2020. "Review of Positive and Negative Impacts of Electric Vehicles Charging on Electric Power Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(18), pages 1-1, September.
- Loudiyi, Khalid & Berrada, Asmae & Svendsen, Harald G. & Mentesidi, Konstantina, 2018. "Grid code status for wind farms interconnection in Northern Africa and Spain: Descriptions and recommendations for Northern Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2584-2598.
- Papadopoulos, Agis M., 2020. "Renewable energies and storage in small insular systems: Potential, perspectives and a case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 103-114.
- José Ignacio Sarasúa & Guillermo Martínez-Lucas & Carlos A. Platero & José Ángel Sánchez-Fernández, 2018. "Dual Frequency Regulation in Pumping Mode in a Wind–Hydro Isolated System," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-1, October.
- Dreidy, Mohammad & Mokhlis, H. & Mekhilef, Saad, 2017. "Inertia response and frequency control techniques for renewable energy sources: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 144-155.
- Paris A. Fokaides & Christiana Panteli & Andri Panayidou, 2020. "How Are the Smart Readiness Indicators Expected to Affect the Energy Performance of Buildings: First Evidence and Perspectives," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(22), pages 1-1, November.
More about this item
KeywordsGrid codes; Renewables penetration; Insular energy systems; Smart grid; Energy storage;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:53:y:2016:i:c:p:163-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.