Power limitations and energy yield evaluation for wind farms operating in island systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boulaxis, N.G. & Papathanassiou, S.A. & Papadopoulos, M.P., 2002. "Wind turbine effect on the voltage profile of distribution networks," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 401-415.
- Nogaret, E. & Stavrakakis, G. & Kariniotakis, G. & Papadopoulos, M. & Hatziargyriou, N. & Androutsos, A. & Papathanassiou, S. & Lopes, J.A.Peças & Halliday, J. & Dutton, G. & Gatopoulos, J. & Karagoun, 1997. "An advanced control system for the optimal operation and management of medium size power systems with a large penetration from renewable power sources," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 137-149.
- Kaldellis, J. K. & Kavadias, K. A. & Filios, A. E. & Garofallakis, S., 2004. "Income loss due to wind energy rejected by the Crete island electrical network - the present situation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 127-144, October.
- Kabouris, J & Zouros, N.D & Manos, G.a & Contaxis, G.C & Vournas, C.D, 1999. "Computational environment to investigate wind integration into small autonomous systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 61-75.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Katsaprakakis, Dimitris Al. & Christakis, Dimitris G. & Zervos, Arthouros & Papantonis, Dimitris & Voutsinas, Spiros, 2008. "Pumped storage systems introduction in isolated power production systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 467-490.
- Kabouris, John & Perrakis, Kostis, 2000. "Wind electricity in Greece: recent developments, problems and prospects," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 417-432.
- Giatrakos, G.P. & Tsoutsos, T.D. & Mouchtaropoulos, P.G. & Naxakis, G.D. & Stavrakakis, G., 2009. "Sustainable energy planning based on a stand-alone hybrid renewableenergy/hydrogen power system: Application in Karpathos island, Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2562-2570.
- George Lavidas & Vengatesan Venugopal, 2018. "Energy Production Benefits by Wind and Wave Energies for the Autonomous System of Crete," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-14, October.
- Boynuegri, A.R. & Vural, B. & Tascikaraoglu, A. & Uzunoglu, M. & Yumurtacı, R., 2012. "Voltage regulation capability of a prototype Static VAr Compensator for wind applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 422-431.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Drandaki, Maria & Frantzeskaki, Niki & Iosifidis, Eleftherios & Kiosses, Ioannis, 2009. "Sustainable energy planning by using multi-criteria analysis application in the island of Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1587-1600, May.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kavadias, K.A. & Filios, A.E., 2009. "A new computational algorithm for the calculation of maximum wind energy penetration in autonomous electrical generation systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 1011-1023, July.
- Marchenko, O.V. & Solomin, S.V., 2004. "Efficiency of wind energy utilization for electricity and heat supply in northern regions of Russia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1793-1809.
- Akintayo Temiloluwa Abolude & Wen Zhou, 2018. "Assessment and Performance Evaluation of a Wind Turbine Power Output," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-15, August.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kapsali, M. & Kavadias, K.A., 2010. "Energy balance analysis of wind-based pumped hydro storage systems in remote island electrical networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2427-2437, August.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kapsali, M. & Tiligadas, D., 2012. "Presentation of a stochastic model estimating the wind energy contribution in remote island electrical networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 68-76.
- Anagnostopoulos, J.S. & Papantonis, D.E., 2008. "Simulation and size optimization of a pumped–storage power plant for the recovery of wind-farms rejected energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1685-1694.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D., 2007. "Present situation and future prospects of electricity generation in Aegean Archipelago islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4623-4639, September.
- Kapsali, M. & Anagnostopoulos, J.S. & Kaldellis, J.K., 2012. "Wind powered pumped-hydro storage systems for remote islands: A complete sensitivity analysis based on economic perspectives," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 430-444.
- Zouros, N. & Contaxis, G. C. & Kabouris, J., 2005. "Decision support tool to evaluate alternative policies regulating wind integration into autonomous energy systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1541-1555, August.
- Kasseris, Emmanuel & Samaras, Zissis & Zafeiris, Dimitrios, 2007. "Optimization of a wind-power fuel-cell hybrid system in an autonomous electrical network environment," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 57-79.
- Kaldellis, J.K., 2008. "The wind potential impact on the maximum wind energy penetration in autonomous electrical grids," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1665-1677.
- Zafirakis, D. & Kaldellis, J.K., 2009. "Economic evaluation of the dual mode CAES solution for increased wind energy contribution in autonomous island networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1958-1969, May.
- De Vos, Kristof & Petoussis, Andreas G. & Driesen, Johan & Belmans, Ronnie, 2013. "Revision of reserve requirements following wind power integration in island power systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 268-279.
- Giatrakos, Georgios P. & Tsoutsos, Theocharis D. & Zografakis, Nikos, 2009. "Sustainable power planning for the island of Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1222-1238, April.
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy; Islands; Diesel power stations; Power limitations; Energy production;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:31:y:2006:i:4:p:457-479. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.