An advanced model for the efficient and reliable short-term operation of insular electricity networks with high renewable energy sources penetration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morales, J.M. & Mínguez, R. & Conejo, A.J., 2010. "A methodology to generate statistically dependent wind speed scenarios," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 843-855, March.
- Fei Wang & Zengqiang Mi & Shi Su & Hongshan Zhao, 2012. "Short-Term Solar Irradiance Forecasting Model Based on Artificial Neural Network Using Statistical Feature Parameters," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(5), pages 1-16, May.
- Tuohy, Aidan & Meibom, Peter & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2009. "Unit commitment for systems with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holger Heitsch & Werner Römisch, 2009. "Scenario tree reduction for multistage stochastic programs," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 117-133, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Psarros, Georgios N. & Nanou, Sotirios I. & Papaefthymiou, Stefanos V. & Papathanassiou, Stavros A., 2018. "Generation scheduling in non-interconnected islands with high RES penetration," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 338-352.
- Erdinc, Ozan & Paterakis, Nikolaos G. & Catalão, João P.S., 2015. "Overview of insular power systems under increasing penetration of renewable energy sources: Opportunities and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 333-346.
- Guerrero-Lemus, Ricardo & González-Díaz, Benjamín & Ríos, Gerardo & Dib, Ramzi N., 2015. "Study of the new Spanish legislation applied to an insular system that has achieved grid parity on PV and wind energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 426-436.
- Georgios N. Psarros & Stavros A. Papathanassiou, 2019. "Comparative Assessment of Priority Listing and Mixed Integer Linear Programming Unit Commitment Methods for Non-Interconnected Island Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-23, February.
- Gerardo J. Osório & Miadreza Shafie-khah & Juan M. Lujano-Rojas & João P. S. Catalão, 2018. "Scheduling Model for Renewable Energy Sources Integration in an Insular Power System," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Rodrigues, E.M.G. & Osório, G.J. & Godina, R. & Bizuayehu, A.W. & Lujano-Rojas, J.M. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2016. "Grid code reinforcements for deeper renewable generation in insular energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 163-177.
- Marczinkowski, Hannah Mareike & Østergaard, Poul Alberg, 2019. "Evaluation of electricity storage versus thermal storage as part of two different energy planning approaches for the islands Samsø and Orkney," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 505-514.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jae-Kun Lyu & Jae-Haeng Heo & Jong-Keun Park & Yong-Cheol Kang, 2013. "Probabilistic Approach to Optimizing Active and Reactive Power Flow in Wind Farms Considering Wake Effects," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-21, October.
- Domínguez, R. & Conejo, A.J. & Carrión, M., 2014. "Operation of a fully renewable electric energy system with CSP plants," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 417-430.
- Zepter, Jan Martin & Weibezahn, Jens, 2019. "Unit commitment under imperfect foresight – The impact of stochastic photovoltaic generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 243(C), pages 336-349.
- Després, Jacques & Hadjsaid, Nouredine & Criqui, Patrick & Noirot, Isabelle, 2015.
"Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 486-495.
- Jacques Després & Nourédine Hadjsaïd & Patrick Criqui & Isabelle Noirot, 2015. "Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01100882, HAL.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F., 2013. "Assessing the value of wind generation in future carbon constrained electricity industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 400-412.
- Osório, G.J. & Lujano-Rojas, J.M. & Matias, J.C.O. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2015. "A probabilistic approach to solve the economic dispatch problem with intermittent renewable energy sources," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 949-959.
- Bingke Yan & Bo Wang & Lin Zhu & Hesen Liu & Yilu Liu & Xingpei Ji & Dichen Liu, 2015. "A Novel, Stable, and Economic Power Sharing Scheme for an Autonomous Microgrid in the Energy Internet," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Wang, Zhiwen & Shen, Chen & Liu, Feng, 2018. "A conditional model of wind power forecast errors and its application in scenario generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 771-785.
- Katrin Trepper & Michael Bucksteeg & Christoph Weber, 2013. "An integrated approach to model redispatch and to assess potential benefits from market splitting in Germany," EWL Working Papers 1319, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Apr 2014.
- Gokturk Poyrazoglu & HyungSeon Oh, 2019. "Co-optimization of Transmission Maintenance Scheduling and Production Cost Minimization," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-18, July.
- Javier López Gómez & Ana Ogando Martínez & Francisco Troncoso Pastoriza & Lara Febrero Garrido & Enrique Granada Álvarez & José Antonio Orosa García, 2020. "Photovoltaic Power Prediction Using Artificial Neural Networks and Numerical Weather Data," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(24), pages 1-18, December.
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor, 2013.
"The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 6-16.
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor, 2011. "The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices," MPRA Paper 34941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohanty, Sthitapragyan & Patra, Prashanta K. & Sahoo, Sudhansu S. & Mohanty, Asit, 2017. "Forecasting of solar energy with application for a growing economy like India: Survey and implication," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 539-553.
- Lamadrid, Alberto J. & Mount, Tim, 2012. "Ancillary services in systems with high penetrations of renewable energy sources, the case of ramping," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1959-1971.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:8:y:2015:i:11:p:12741-12764:d:58626 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rahimiyan, Morteza, 2014. "A statistical cognitive model to assess impact of spatially correlated wind production on market behaviors," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 62-72.
- Hafezi, Reza & Akhavan, AmirNaser & Pakseresht, Saeed & Wood, David A., 2019. "A Layered Uncertainties Scenario Synthesizing (LUSS) model applied to evaluate multiple potential long-run outcomes for Iran's natural gas exports," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 646-659.
- Niknam, Taher & Azizipanah-Abarghooee, Rasoul & Narimani, Mohammad Rasoul, 2012. "An efficient scenario-based stochastic programming framework for multi-objective optimal micro-grid operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 455-470.
- Kirchner-Bossi, N. & Prieto, L. & García-Herrera, R. & Carro-Calvo, L. & Salcedo-Sanz, S., 2013. "Multi-decadal variability in a centennial reconstruction of daily wind," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 30-46.
- Marzouq, Manal & El Fadili, Hakim & Zenkouar, Khalid & Lakhliai, Zakia & Amouzg, Mohammed, 2020. "Short term solar irradiance forecasting via a novel evolutionary multi-model framework and performance assessment for sites with no solar irradiance data," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 214-231.
- Xiaohua Zhang & Jun Xie & Zhengwei Zhu & Jianfeng Zheng & Hao Qiang & Hailong Rong, 2016. "Smart Grid Cost-Emission Unit Commitment via Co-Evolutionary Agents," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-13, October.
More about this item
KeywordsDay-ahead market; Insular power systems; Mathematical modeling; Mixed-integer linear programming; RES integration; Scenario generation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:38:y:2014:i:c:p:415-427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.