The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor, 2013. "The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 6-16.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tuohy, Aidan & Meibom, Peter & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2009. "Unit commitment for systems with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benitez, Liliana E. & Benitez, Pablo C. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2008. "The economics of wind power with energy storage," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1973-1989, July.
- Crampes, Claude & Moreaux, Michel, 2010. "Pumped storage and cost saving," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 325-333, March.
- Ramteen Sioshansi, 2011. "Increasing the Value of Wind with Energy Storage," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-30.
- Troy, Niamh & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2010. "Base-load cycling on a system with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zafirakis, D. & Kaldellis, J.K., 2009. "Economic evaluation of the dual mode CAES solution for increased wind energy contribution in autonomous island networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1958-1969, May.
- Tuohy, A. & O'Malley, M., 2011. "Pumped storage in systems with very high wind penetration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 1965-1974, April.
- Ramteen Sioshansi, 2010. "Welfare Impacts of Electricity Storage and the Implications of Ownership Structure," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 173-198.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Després, Jacques & Hadjsaid, Nouredine & Criqui, Patrick & Noirot, Isabelle, 2015.
"Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools,"
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 486-495.
- Jacques Després & Nourédine Hadjsaïd & Patrick Criqui & Isabelle Noirot, 2015. "Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01100882, HAL.
- Chen, Yang & Hu, Mengqi & Zhou, Zhi, 2017. "A data-driven analytical approach to enable optimal emerging technologies integration in the co-optimized electricity and ancillary service markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 613-626.
- Raugei, Marco & Leccisi, Enrica, 2016. "A comprehensive assessment of the energy performance of the full range of electricity generation technologies deployed in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 46-59.
- Jacques Després, 2015. "Development of a dispatch model of the European power system for coupling with a long-term foresight energy model," Working Papers hal-01245554, HAL.
- Tom Brijs & Frederik Geth & Sauleh Siddiqui & Benjamin F. Hobbs & Ronnie Belmans, 2016. "Price-Based Unit Commitment Electricity Storage Arbitrage with Piecewise Linear Price-Effects," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1567, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:mje:mjejnl:v:13:y:2017:i:4:p:43-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacques Després & Patrick Criqui & Silvana Mima & Nouredine Hadjsaid & Isabelle Noirot, 2014. "Variable renewable energies and storage development in long term energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01279467, HAL.
- Jacques Després & Patrick Criqui & Silvana Mima & Nouredine Hadjsaid & Isabelle Noirot, 2014. "Analysing the interactions between Variable Renewable Energies, electricity storage and grid in long term energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01279461, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity storage; Electricity price; Production cost;
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .