The utility of energy storage to improve the economics of wind–diesel power plants in Canada
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ilinca, Adrian & McCarthy, Ed & Chaumel, Jean-Louis & Rétiveau, Jean-Louis, 2003. "Wind potential assessment of Quebec Province," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 1881-1897.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nicolas Martinez & Youssef Benchaabane & Rosa Elvira Silva & Adrian Ilinca & Hussein Ibrahim & Ambrish Chandra & Daniel R. Rousse, 2019. "Computer Model for a Wind–Diesel Hybrid System with Compressed Air Energy Storage," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-18, September.
- Xydis, G. & Koroneos, C. & Loizidou, M., 2009. "Exergy analysis in a wind speed prognostic model as a wind farm sitting selection tool: A case study in Southern Greece," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(11), pages 2411-2420, November.
- Mostafaeipour, Ali & Jadidi, Mohsen & Mohammadi, Kasra & Sedaghat, Ahmad, 2014. "An analysis of wind energy potential and economic evaluation in Zahedan, Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 641-650.
- Adaramola, M.S. & Oyewola, O.M., 2011. "Evaluating the performance of wind turbines in selected locations in Oyo state, Nigeria," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3297-3304.
- Mohandes, M. & Rehman, S. & Rahman, S.M., 2011. "Estimation of wind speed profile using adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system (ANFIS)," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4024-4032.
- Ko, Dong Hui & Jeong, Shin Taek & Kim, Yoon Chil, 2015. "Assessment of wind energy for small-scale wind power in Chuuk State, Micronesia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 613-622.
- Kaabeche, A. & Belhamel, M. & Ibtiouen, R., 2011. "Sizing optimization of grid-independent hybrid photovoltaic/wind power generation system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1214-1222.
- Albadi, M.H. & El-Saadany, E.F., 2009. "The role of taxation policy and incentives in wind-based distributed generation projects viability: Ontario case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2224-2233.
- Tucho, Gudina Terefe & Weesie, Peter D.M. & Nonhebel, Sanderine, 2014. "Assessment of renewable energy resources potential for large scale and standalone applications in Ethiopia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 422-431.
- Li, Meishen & Li, Xianguo, 2005. "MEP-type distribution function: a better alternative to Weibull function for wind speed distributions," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1221-1240.
- Sun, Haiying & Yang, Hongxing & Gao, Xiaoxia, 2019. "Investigation into spacing restriction and layout optimization of wind farm with multiple types of wind turbines," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 637-650.
- Denault, Michel & Dupuis, Debbie & Couture-Cardinal, Sébastien, 2009. "Complementarity of hydro and wind power: Improving the risk profile of energy inflows," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5376-5384, December.
- Diaf, S. & Notton, G. & Belhamel, M. & Haddadi, M. & Louche, A., 2008. "Design and techno-economical optimization for hybrid PV/wind system under various meteorological conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(10), pages 968-987, October.
- Abul Kalam Azad & Mohammad Golam Rasul & Talal Yusaf, 2014. "Statistical Diagnosis of the Best Weibull Methods for Wind Power Assessment for Agricultural Applications," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-30, May.
- Assowe Dabar, Omar & Awaleh, Mohamed Osman & Kirk-Davidoff, Daniel & Olauson, Jon & Söder, Lennart & Awaleh, Said Ismael, 2019. "Wind resource assessment and economic analysis for electricity generation in three locations of the Republic of Djibouti," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(C), pages 884-894.
- Izanloo, Milad & Noorollahi, Younes & Aslani, Alireza, 2021. "Future energy planning to maximize renewable energy share for the south Caspian Sea climate," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 660-675.
- Mazhar Hussain Baloch & Dahaman Ishak & Sohaib Tahir Chaudary & Baqir Ali & Ali Asghar Memon & Touqeer Ahmed Jumani, 2019. "Wind Power Integration: An Experimental Investigation for Powering Local Communities," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-24, February.
- Acker, Thomas L. & Williams, Susan K. & Duque, Earl P.N. & Brummels, Grant & Buechler, Jason, 2007. "Wind resource assessment in the state of Arizona: Inventory, capacity factor, and cost," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1453-1466.
- Diaf, S. & Diaf, D. & Belhamel, M. & Haddadi, M. & Louche, A., 2007. "A methodology for optimal sizing of autonomous hybrid PV/wind system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5708-5718, November.
- Ohunakin, O.S. & Adaramola, M.S. & Oyewola, O.M., 2011. "Wind energy evaluation for electricity generation using WECS in seven selected locations in Nigeria," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(9), pages 3197-3206.
More about this item
KeywordsWind–diesel; Remote community; High-penetration; HOMER micro-power; Electricity storage;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:33:y:2008:i:7:p:1544-1557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.