Cost-benefit analysis of grid-connected wind–biogas hybrid energy production, by turbine capacity and site
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mosher, J.N. & Corscadden, K.W., 2012. "Agriculture's contribution to the renewable energy sector: Policy and economics – Do they add up?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4157-4164.
- Kapsali, M. & Kaldellis, J.K., 2010. "Combining hydro and variable wind power generation by means of pumped-storage under economically viable terms," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 3475-3485, November.
- Bailey, J.A. & Gordon, R. & Burton, D. & Yiridoe, E.K., 2008. "Factors which influence Nova Scotia farmers in implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy measures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1369-1377.
- Demiroren, A. & Yilmaz, U., 2010. "Analysis of change in electric energy cost with using renewable energy sources in Gökceada, Turkey: An island example," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 323-333, January.
- Zhou, Wei & Lou, Chengzhi & Li, Zhongshi & Lu, Lin & Yang, Hongxing, 2010. "Current status of research on optimum sizing of stand-alone hybrid solar-wind power generation systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 380-389, February.
- Ekren, Orhan & Ekren, Banu Y., 2010. "Size optimization of a PV/wind hybrid energy conversion system with battery storage using simulated annealing," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 592-598, February.
- Nandi, Sanjoy Kumar & Ghosh, Himangshu Ranjan, 2010. "Prospect of wind–PV-battery hybrid power system as an alternative to grid extension in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3040-3047.
- Hines, Paul & Apt, Jay & Talukdar, Sarosh, 2009. "Large blackouts in North America: Historical trends and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5249-5259, December.
- Benitez, Liliana E. & Benitez, Pablo C. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2008. "The economics of wind power with energy storage," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1973-1989, July.
- Bekele, Getachew & Palm, Björn, 2010. "Feasibility study for a standalone solar-wind-based hybrid energy system for application in Ethiopia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 487-495, February.
- Beccali, M. & Brunone, S. & Cellura, M. & Franzitta, V., 2008. "Energy, economic and environmental analysis on RET-hydrogen systems in residential buildings," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 366-382.
- Menz, Fredric C. & Vachon, Stephan, 2006. "The effectiveness of different policy regimes for promoting wind power: Experiences from the states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1786-1796, September.
- Scorah, Hugh & Sopinka, Amy & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2012. "The economics of storage, transmission and drought: integrating variable wind power into spatially separated electricity grids," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 536-541.
- Shafiullah, G.M. & Amanullah, M.T.O. & Shawkat Ali, A.B.M. & Jarvis, Dennis & Wolfs, Peter, 2012. "Prospects of renewable energy – a feasibility study in the Australian context," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 183-197.
- Rehman, Shafiqur & Ahmad, Aftab & Al-Hadhrami, Luai M., 2011. "Development and economic assessment of a grid connected 20Â MW installed capacity wind farm," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 833-838, January.
- Khan, M.J. & Iqbal, M.T., 2005. "Pre-feasibility study of stand-alone hybrid energy systems for applications in Newfoundland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 835-854.
- Ashok, S., 2007. "Optimised model for community-based hybrid energy system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1155-1164.
- Blackler, T. & Iqbal, M.T., 2006. "Pre-feasibility study of wind power generation in holyrood, newfoundland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 489-502.
- Dalton, G.J. & Lockington, D.A. & Baldock, T.E., 2009. "Feasibility analysis of renewable energy supply options for a grid-connected large hotel," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 955-964.
- Weis, Timothy M. & Ilinca, Adrian, 2008. "The utility of energy storage to improve the economics of wind–diesel power plants in Canada," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1544-1557.
- Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Gordon, Robert & Brown, Bettina B., 2009. "Nonmarket cobenefits and economic feasibility of on-farm biogas energy production," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1170-1179, March.
- Crawford, R.H., 2009. "Life cycle energy and greenhouse emissions analysis of wind turbines and the effect of size on energy yield," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2653-2660, December.
- Brown, Bettina B. & Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Gordon, Robert, 2007. "Impact of single versus multiple policy options on the economic feasibility of biogas energy production: Swine and dairy operations in Nova Scotia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4597-4610, September.
- Qiu, Yueming & Anadon, Laura D., 2012. "The price of wind power in China during its expansion: Technology adoption, learning-by-doing, economies of scale, and manufacturing localization," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 772-785.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:clh:resear:v:9:y:2016:i:20 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:180-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Quanguo & Hu, Jianjun & Lee, Duu-Jong, 2016. "Biogas from anaerobic digestion processes: Research updates," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 108-119.
- Bahramara, S. & Moghaddam, M. Parsa & Haghifam, M.R., 2016. "Optimal planning of hybrid renewable energy systems using HOMER: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 609-620.
- repec:eee:appene:v:198:y:2017:i:c:p:21-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heydari, Ali & Askarzadeh, Alireza, 2016. "Optimization of a biomass-based photovoltaic power plant for an off-grid application subject to loss of power supply probability concept," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 601-611.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:344-352 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHybrid wind–biogas energy; Economic performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:80:y:2015:i:c:p:573-582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.