Large blackouts in North America: Historical trends and policy implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Greenberg, Michael & Mantell, Nancy & Lahr, Michael & Felder, Frank & Zimmerman, Rae, 2007. "Short and intermediate economic impacts of a terrorist-initiated loss of electric power: Case study of New Jersey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 722-733, January.
- Talukdar, Sarosh N. & Apt, Jay & Ilic, Marija & Lave, Lester B. & Morgan, M. Granger, 2003. "Cascading Failures: Survival versus Prevention," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 25-31, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eto, Joseph H. & LaCommare, Kristina H. & Larsen, Peter & Todd, Annika & Fisher, Emily, 2012. "Distribution-level electricity reliability: Temporal trends using statistical analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 243-252.
- Kelly Klima & M. Morgan, 2015. "Ice storm frequencies in a warmer climate," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 209-222, November.
- Künneke, Rolf & Groenewegen, John & Ménard, Claude, 2010.
"Aligning modes of organization with technology: Critical transactions in the reform of infrastructures,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, pages 494-505.
- Rolf Künneke & John Groenewegen & Claude Ménard, 2010. "Aligning modes of organization with technology: Critical transactions in the reform of infrastructures," Post-Print hal-00849414, HAL.
- Rolf Kunneke & John Groenewegen & Claude Ménard, 2010. "Aligning modes of organization with technology: Critical transactions in the reform of infrastructures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00624266, HAL.
- Claude Ménard, 2010. "Aligning modes of organization with technology: critical transactions in the reform of infrastructures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00654348, HAL.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00624266 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ding, Ning & Duan, Jinhui & Xue, Song & Zeng, Ming & Shen, Jianfei, 2015. "Overall review of peaking power in China: Status quo, barriers and solutions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 503-516.
- Moroni, Stefano & Antoniucci, Valentina & Bisello, Adriano, 2016. "Energy sprawl, land taking and distributed generation: towards a multi-layered density," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 266-273.
- Bo, Zeng & Shaojie, Ouyang & Jianhua, Zhang & Hui, Shi & Geng, Wu & Ming, Zeng, 2015. "An analysis of previous blackouts in the world: Lessons for China׳s power industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1151-1163.
- Evan Mills & Richard B Jones, 2016. "An Insurance Perspective on U.S. Electric Grid Disruption Costs," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 41(4), pages 555-586, October.
- Zhang, Lijun & Xia, Xiaohua & Zhang, Jiangfeng, 2014. "Improving energy efficiency of cyclone circuits in coal beneficiation plants by pump-storage systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 306-313.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:99:y:2012:i:c:p:161-171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mudasser, Muhammad & Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Corscadden, Kenneth, 2015. "Cost-benefit analysis of grid-connected wind–biogas hybrid energy production, by turbine capacity and site," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 573-582.
- Lueken, Roger & Apt, Jay & Sowell, Fallaw, 2016. "Robust resource adequacy planning in the face of coal retirements," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 371-388.
- Johansson, Bengt, 2013. "A broadened typology on energy and security," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 199-205.
- Dowds, Jonathan & Hines, Paul & Ryan, Todd & Buchanan, William & Kirby, Elizabeth & Apt, Jay & Jaramillo, Paulina, 2015. "A review of large-scale wind integration studies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 768-794.
- David Ward, 2013. "The effect of weather on grid systems and the reliability of electricity supply," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 103-113, November.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity reliability Power system blackouts Cascading failures;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:12:p:5249-5259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.