A Review of Renewable Energy Supply and Energy Efficiency Technologies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Abolhosseini, Shahrouz & Heshmati, Almas & Altmann, Jörn, 2014. "A Review of Renewable Energy Supply and Energy Efficiency Technologies," IZA Discussion Papers 8145, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Purkus, Alexandra & Barth, Volker, 2011. "Geothermal power production in future electricity markets--A scenario analysis for Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 349-357, January.
- Wirl, Franz, 1989. "Optimal capacity expansion of hydro power plants," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 133-136, April.
- Frondel, Manuel & Ritter, Nolan & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Vance, Colin, 2010.
"Economic impacts from the promotion of renewable energy technologies: The German experience,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4048-4056, August.
- Frondel, Manuel & Ritter, Nolan & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Vance, Colin, 2009. "Economic Impacts from the Promotion of Renewable Energy Technologies - The German Experience," Ruhr Economic Papers 156, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Wachsmann, Ulrike, 2004. "Wind turbines in Brazil and Germany: an example of geographical variability in life-cycle assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 119-130, February.
- Frick, Stephanie & Kaltschmitt, Martin & Schröder, Gerd, 2010. "Life cycle assessment of geothermal binary power plants using enhanced low-temperature reservoirs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2281-2294.
- Kiviluoma, Juha & Meibom, Peter, 2010. "Influence of wind power, plug-in electric vehicles, and heat storages on power system investments," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1244-1255.
- Benitez, Liliana E. & Benitez, Pablo C. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2008. "The economics of wind power with energy storage," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1973-1989, July.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis & Mason, James E. & Zweibel, Ken, 2009. "The technical, geographical, and economic feasibility for solar energy to supply the energy needs of the US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 387-399, February.
- Andersen, Poul H. & Mathews, John A. & Rask, Morten, 2009. "Integrating private transport into renewable energy policy: The strategy of creating intelligent recharging grids for electric vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2481-2486, July.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis M. & Kim, Hyung Chul, 2007. "Greenhouse-gas emissions from solar electric- and nuclear power: A life-cycle study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2549-2557, April.
- Wagner, Hermann-Josef & Pick, Erich, 2004. "Energy yield ratio and cumulative energy demand for wind energy converters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2289-2295.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & Harris, Dan & Hledik, Ryan, 2010. "Unlocking the [euro]53 billion savings from smart meters in the EU: How increasing the adoption of dynamic tariffs could make or break the EU's smart grid investment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6222-6231, October.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Munksgaard, Jesper, 2002. "Energy and CO2 life-cycle analyses of wind turbines—review and applications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 339-362.
- Lund, Henrik & Kempton, Willett, 2008. "Integration of renewable energy into the transport and electricity sectors through V2G," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3578-3587, September.
- Monteiro, Claudio & Ramirez-Rosado, Ignacio J. & Fernandez-Jimenez, L. Alfredo, 2013. "Short-term forecasting model for electric power production of small-hydro power plants," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 387-394.
- McHenry, Mark P., 2013. "Technical and governance considerations for advanced metering infrastructure/smart meters: Technology, security, uncertainty, costs, benefits, and risks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 834-842.
- Owen, A.D.Anthony D., 2004. "Oil supply insecurity: control versus damage costs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1879-1882, November.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & Hledik, Ryan & Newell, Sam & Pfeifenberger, Hannes, 2007. "The Power of 5 Percent," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 68-77, October.
- Haack, Barry N., 1981. "Net energy analysis of small wind energy conversion systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 193-200, November.
- Feltrin, Andrea & Freundlich, Alex, 2008. "Material considerations for terawatt level deployment of photovoltaics," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 180-185.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Finn, P. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2011. "Practical operation strategies for pumped hydroelectric energy storage (PHES) utilising electricity price arbitrage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4189-4196, July.
- Kubiszewski, Ida & Cleveland, Cutler J. & Endres, Peter K., 2010. "Meta-analysis of net energy return for wind power systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 218-225.
- Oliver, M. & Jackson, T., 1999. "The market for solar photovoltaics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 371-385, July.
- Weiller, Claire, 2011. "Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle impacts on hourly electricity demand in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3766-3778, June.
- Nawaz, I. & Tiwari, G.N., 2006. "Embodied energy analysis of photovoltaic (PV) system based on macro- and micro-level," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3144-3152, November.
- Kolhe, Mohanlal & Kolhe, Sunita & Joshi, J. C., 2002. "Economic viability of stand-alone solar photovoltaic system in comparison with diesel-powered system for India," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 155-165, March.
- Kapsali, M. & Kaldellis, J.K., 2010. "Combining hydro and variable wind power generation by means of pumped-storage under economically viable terms," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 3475-3485, November.
- Gagnon, Luc & van de Vate, Joop F., 1997. "Greenhouse gas emissions from hydropower : The state of research in 1996," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 7-13, January.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- Krishnamurti, Tamar & Schwartz, Daniel & Davis, Alexander & Fischhoff, Baruch & de Bruin, Wändi Bruine & Lave, Lester & Wang, Jack, 2012. "Preparing for smart grid technologies: A behavioral decision research approach to understanding consumer expectations about smart meters," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 790-797.
- Raadal, Hanne Lerche & Gagnon, Luc & Modahl, Ingunn Saur & Hanssen, Ole Jørgen, 2011. "Life cycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the generation of wind and hydro power," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(7), pages 3417-3422, September.
- Ottmar Edenhofer , Brigitte Knopf, Terry Barker, Lavinia Baumstark, Elie Bellevrat, Bertrand Chateau, Patrick Criqui, Morna Isaac, Alban Kitous, Socrates Kypreos, Marian Leimbach, Kai Lessmann, Bertra, 2010.
"The Economics of Low Stabilization: Model Comparison of Mitigation Strategies and Costs,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I).
- Ottmar Edenhofer & Brigitte Knopf & Terry Barker & Lavinia Baumstark & Elie Bellevrat & Bertrand Chateau & Patrick Criqui & Morna Isaac & Alban Kitous & Socrates Kypreos & Marian Leimbach & Kai Lessma, 2010. "The economics of low stabilization: Model comparison of mitigation strategies and costs," Post-Print halshs-00450290, HAL.
- Christidis, Andreas & Koch, Christoph & Pottel, Lothar & Tsatsaronis, George, 2012. "The contribution of heat storage to the profitable operation of combined heat and power plants in liberalized electricity markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 75-82.
- Lehner, Bernhard & Czisch, Gregor & Vassolo, Sara, 2005. "The impact of global change on the hydropower potential of Europe: a model-based analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 839-855, May.
- Shum, Kwok L. & Watanabe, Chihiro, 2007. "Photovoltaic deployment strategy in Japan and the USA--an institutional appraisal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1186-1195, February.
- Tsoutsos, Theocharis & Frantzeskaki, Niki & Gekas, Vassilis, 2005. "Environmental impacts from the solar energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 289-296, February.
- Klaassen, Ger & Miketa, Asami & Larsen, Katarina & Sundqvist, Thomas, 2005. "The impact of R&D on innovation for wind energy in Denmark, Germany and the United Kingdom," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 227-240, August.
- Staffan Jacobsson & Anna Bergek, 2004. "Transforming the energy sector: the evolution of technological systems in renewable energy technology," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 815-849, October.
- Schleisner, L, 2000. "Life cycle assessment of a wind farm and related externalities," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 279-288.
- Tremeac, Brice & Meunier, Francis, 2009. "Life cycle analysis of 4.5Â MW and 250Â W wind turbines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2104-2110, October.
- Hawkes, A.D. & Leach, M.A., 2007. "Cost-effective operating strategy for residential micro-combined heat and power," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 711-723.
- Hartway, Rob & Price, Snuller & Woo, C.K, 1999. "Smart meter, customer choice and profitable time-of-use rate option," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 895-903.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kapsali, M. & Kavadias, K.A., 2010. "Energy balance analysis of wind-based pumped hydro storage systems in remote island electrical networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2427-2437, August.
- McKenna, Eoghan & Richardson, Ian & Thomson, Murray, 2012. "Smart meter data: Balancing consumer privacy concerns with legitimate applications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 807-814.
- Raugei, Marco & Frankl, Paolo, 2009. "Life cycle impacts and costs of photovoltaic systems: Current state of the art and future outlooks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 392-399.
- Chamorro, César R. & Mondéjar, María E. & Ramos, Roberto & Segovia, José J. & Martín, María C. & Villamañán, Miguel A., 2012. "World geothermal power production status: Energy, environmental and economic study of high enthalpy technologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 10-18.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Almas Heshmati & Shahrouz Abolhosseini, 2016. "European energy security Challenges and green opportunities," WIDER Working Paper Series 021, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordsenergy resources; renewable energy; energy use efficiency; generation technology; carbon emission; green employment;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- N50 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-09-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-09-08 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-09-08 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2014-09-08 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.