Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jacques Després & Nourédine Hadjsaïd & Patrick Criqui & Isabelle Noirot, 2015. "Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01100882, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hiro Lee & Joaquim Oliveira Martins & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 1994. "The OECD Green Model: An Updated Overview," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 97, OECD Publishing.
- Brancucci Martínez-Anido, C. & Vandenbergh, M. & de Vries, L. & Alecu, C. & Purvins, A. & Fulli, G. & Huld, T., 2013. "Medium-term demand for European cross-border electricity transmission capacity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 207-222.
- Tuohy, Aidan & Meibom, Peter & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2009. "Unit commitment for systems with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cormio, C. & Dicorato, M. & Minoia, A. & Trovato, M., 2003. "A regional energy planning methodology including renewable energy sources and environmental constraints," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 99-130, April.
- Finon, Dominique, 1974. "Optimisation model for the French energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 136-151, June.
- Foley, A.M. & Ó Gallachóir, B.P. & Hur, J. & Baldick, R. & McKeogh, E.J., 2010. "A strategic review of electricity systems models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4522-4530.
- Frédéric Reynes & Yasser Yeddir-Tamsamani & Gaël Callonec, 2011. "Presentation of the Three-ME model: Multi-sector Macroeconomic Model for the Evaluation of Environmental and Energy policy," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2011-10, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Andreas Schafer and Henry D. Jacoby, 2006. "Experiments with a Hybrid CGE-MARKAL Model," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 171-177.
- Alain L. Bernard & Marc Vielle, 1998. "GEMINI-E3, un modèle d'équilibre général national - international économique, énergétique et environnemental," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 136(5), pages 1-2.
- Maurizio Gargiulo & Brian Ó Gallachóir, 2013. "Long-term energy models: Principles, characteristics, focus, and limitations," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 158-177, March.
- Riekkola, Anna Krook & Berg, Charlotte & Ahlgren, Erik O. & Söderholm, Patrik, 2013. "Challenges in Soft-Linking: The Case of EMEC and TIMES-Sweden," Working Papers 133, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Mark K. Jaccard & John Nyboer & Crhis Bataille & Bryn Sadownik, 2003. "Modeling the Cost of Climate Policy: Distinguishing Between Alternative Cost Definitions and Long-Run Cost Dynamics," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 49-73.
- Baringo, L. & Conejo, A.J., 2013. "Correlated wind-power production and electric load scenarios for investment decisions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 475-482.
- Jonathan Kohler, Terry Barker, Dennis Anderson and Haoran Pan, 2006. "Combining Energy Technology Dynamics and Macroeconometrics: The E3MG Model," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 113-134.
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor, 2013.
"The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 6-16.
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor, 2011. "The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices," MPRA Paper 34941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lapillonne, B. & Chateau, B., 1981. "The medee models for long term energy demand forecasting," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 53-58.
- Jean Charles Hourcade & Mark Jaccard & Chris Bataille & Frédéric Ghersi, 2006. "Hybrid Modeling: New Answers to Old Challenges," Post-Print halshs-00471234, HAL.
- Valentina Bosetti, Carlo Carraro, Marzio Galeotti, Emanuele Massetti, Massimo Tavoni, 2006. "A World induced Technical Change Hybrid Model," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 13-38.
- Vaillancourt, Kathleen & Labriet, Maryse & Loulou, Richard & Waaub, Jean-Philippe, 2008. "The role of nuclear energy in long-term climate scenarios: An analysis with the World-TIMES model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2296-2307, July.
- Jae Edmonds & Marshall Wise & Hugh Pitcher & Richard Richels & Tom Wigley & Chris Maccracken, 1997. "An integrated assessment of climate change and the accelerated introduction of advanced energy technologies," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 311-339, December.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2010. "A review of computer tools for analysing the integration of renewable energy into various energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 1059-1082, April.
- Deane, J.P. & Chiodi, Alessandro & Gargiulo, Maurizio & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Soft-linking of a power systems model to an energy systems model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 303-312.
- Andrea Herbst & Felipe Andrés Toro & Felix Reitze & Eberhard Jochem, 2012. "Introduction to Energy Systems Modelling," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 148(II), pages 111-135, June.
- repec:fpb:wpaper:95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederic Ghersi and Jean-Charles Hourcade, 2006.
"Macroeconomic Consistency issues in E3 Modeling: The Continued Fable of the Elephant and the Rabbit,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 39-62.
- F. Ghersi & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2006. "Macroeconomic consistency issues in E3 modeling: The continued fable of the elephant and the rabbit," Post-Print hal-00716324, HAL.
- Howells, Mark & Rogner, Holger & Strachan, Neil & Heaps, Charles & Huntington, Hillard & Kypreos, Socrates & Hughes, Alison & Silveira, Semida & DeCarolis, Joe & Bazillian, Morgan & Roehrl, Alexander, 2011. "OSeMOSYS: The Open Source Energy Modeling System: An introduction to its ethos, structure and development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5850-5870, October.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Messner, Sabine & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2000. "MESSAGE–MACRO: linking an energy supply model with a macroeconomic module and solving it iteratively," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 267-282.
- Kainuma, Mikiko & Matsuoka, Yuzuru & Morita, Tsuneyuki, 2000. "The AIM/end-use model and its application to forecast Japanese carbon dioxide emissions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 416-425, April.
- Simoglou, Christos K. & Biskas, Pandelis N. & Vagropoulos, Stylianos I. & Bakirtzis, Anastasios G., 2014. "Electricity market models and RES integration: The Greek case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 531-542.
- Son H. Kim, Jae Edmonds, Josh Lurz, Steven J. Smith, and Marshall Wise, 2006. "The objECTS Framework for integrated Assessment: Hybrid Modeling of Transportation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 63-92.
- Spiecker, Stephan & Weber, Christoph, 2014. "The future of the European electricity system and the impact of fluctuating renewable energy – A scenario analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 185-197.
More about this item
KeywordsLong-term energy modelling tool; Typology; Power system; Electricity storage;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:80:y:2015:i:c:p:486-495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.