Pumped storage and cost saving
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2007.
"Reliability and competitive electricity markets,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(1), pages 60-84, March.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," Working Papers 0408, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, Paul L & Tirole, Jean, 2007. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6121, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," IDEI Working Papers 310, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0450, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul L. Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Reliability and Competitive Electricity Markets," NBER Working Papers 10472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Severin Borenstein & Stephen Holland, 2005.
"On the Efficiency of Competitive Electricity Markets with Time-Invariant Retail Prices,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 469-493, Autumn.
- Severin Borenstein & Stephen P. Holland, 2003. "On the Efficiency of Competitive Electricity Markets With Time-Invariant Retail Prices," NBER Working Papers 9922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horsley, Anthony & Wrobel, Andrew J., 2002.
"Efficiency rents of pumped-storage plants and their uses for operation and investment decisions,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 109-142, November.
- Anthony Horsley & Andrew J Wrobel, 2000. "Efficiency Rents of Pumped-Storage Plants and their Uses for Operation and Investment Decisions," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 405, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Horsley, Anthony & Wrobel, Andrew J., 2000. "Efficiency rents of pumped-storage plants and their uses for operation and investment decisions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19336, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Horsley, Anthony & Wrobel, Andrew J., 2007. "Profit-maximizing operation and valuation of hydroelectric plant: A new solution to the Koopmans problem," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 938-970, March.
- Brian K. Edwards & Silvio J. Flaim & Richard E. Howitt, 1999. "Optimal Provision of Hydroelectric Power under Environmental and Regulatory Constraints," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 267-283.
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1957. "Water Storage Policy in a Simplified Hydroelectric System," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 26, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Crampes, C. & Moreaux, M., 2001. "Water resource and power generation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 975-997, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steffen, Bjarne & Weber, Christoph, 2016. "Optimal operation of pumped-hydro storage plants with continuous time-varying power prices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 252(1), pages 308-321.
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor, 2013.
"The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 6-16.
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor, 2011. "The impact of electricity storage on wholesale electricity prices," MPRA Paper 34941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loisel, Rodica & Mercier, Arnaud & Gatzen, Christoph & Elms, Nick & Petric, Hrvoje, 2010. "Valuation framework for large scale electricity storage in a case with wind curtailment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7323-7337, November.
- Muche, Thomas, 2014. "Optimal operation and forecasting policy for pump storage plants in day-ahead markets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1089-1099.
- Steffen, Bjarne & Weber, Christoph, 2013.
"Efficient storage capacity in power systems with thermal and renewable generation,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 556-567.
- Bjarne Steffen & Christoph Weber, 2011. "Efficient storage capacity in power systems with thermal and renewable generation," EWL Working Papers 1104, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Aug 2011.
- Durmaz, Tunç, 2016. "Precautionary Storage in Electricity Markets," Discussion Papers 2016/5, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Ambec, Stefan & Crampes, Claude, 2015. "Decarbonizing electricity generation with intermittent sources of energy," TSE Working Papers 15-603, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jul 2017.
- Durmaz, Tunc, 2014. "Energy Storage and Renewable Energy," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 18/2014, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Ambec, Stefan & Crampes, Claude, 2012. "Electricity provision with intermittent sources of energy," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 319-336.
- Ming, Zeng & Junjie, Feng & Song, Xue & Zhijie, Wang & Xiaoli, Zhu & Yuejin, Wang, 2013. "Development of China's pumped storage plant and related policy analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 104-113.
- repec:eee:renene:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:1184-1195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robles, Jack, 2016. "Infinite horizon hydroelectricity games," Working Paper Series 5075, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Nyamdash, Batsaikhan & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2010. "The viability of balancing wind generation with large scale energy storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7200-7208, November.
- Wolf-Peter Schill & Claudia Kemfert, 2011.
"Modeling Strategic Electricity Storage: The Case of Pumped Hydro Storage in Germany,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 59-88.
- Schill, Wolf-Peter & Kemfert, Claudia, 2011. "Modeling Strategic Electricity Storage: The Case of Pumped Hydro Storage in Germany," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 59-87.
- Wolf-Peter Schill & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "The Effect of Market Power on Electricity Storage Utilization: The Case of Pumped Hydro Storage in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 947, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tunç Durmaz & Aude Pommeret & Ian Ridley, 2017. "Willingness to Pay for Solar Panels and Smart Grids," Working Papers 2017.24, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Prudence Dato & Tun Durmaz & Aude Pommeret, 2017. "Intermittent renewable electricity generation with smart grids," Working Papers 2017.09, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Koohi-Kamali, Sam & Tyagi, V.V. & Rahim, N.A. & Panwar, N.L. & Mokhlis, H., 2013. "Emergence of energy storage technologies as the solution for reliable operation of smart power systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 135-165.
More about this item
KeywordsWater resource Pumping Hydroelectricity Cost saving;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:32:y:2010:i:2:p:325-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.