Ancillary services in systems with high penetrations of renewable energy sources, the case of ramping
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank A. Wolak, 2007. "Quantifying the supply-side benefits from forward contracting in wholesale electricity markets," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1179-1209.
- Tuohy, Aidan & Meibom, Peter & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2009. "Unit commitment for systems with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zephyr, 2010. "The city," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1-2), pages 154-155, February.
- Lamadrid, Alberto J. & Mount, Timothy D. & Thomas, Robert J., 2011. "Integration of Stochastic Power Generation, Geographical Averaging and Load Response," Working Papers 126540, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Timothy D. Mount, Surin Maneevitjit, Alberto J. Lamadrid, Ray D. Zimmerman, and Robert J. Thomas, 2012.
"The Hidden System Costs of Wind Generation in a Deregulated Electricity Market,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Mount, Timothy D. & Maneevitjit, Surin & Lamadrid, Alberto J. & Zimmerman, Ray D. & Thomas, Robert J., 2011. "The Hidden System Costs Of Wind Generation In A Deregulated Electricity Market," Working Papers 126529, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Michael Maloney, 2001. "Economies and Diseconomies: Estimating Electricity Cost Functions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(2), pages 165-180, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moarefdoost, M. Mohsen & Lamadrid, Alberto J. & Zuluaga, Luis F., 2016. "A robust model for the ramp-constrained economic dispatch problem with uncertain renewable energy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 310-325.
- Majzoobi, Alireza & Khodaei, Amin, 2017. "Application of microgrids in providing ancillary services to the utility grid," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 555-563.
- Lamadrid, Alberto J. & Maneevitjit, Surin & Mount, Timothy D., 2016. "The economic value of transmission lines and the implications for planning models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-15.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:74:y:2017:i:c:p:703-714 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chattopadhyay, Deb, 2014. "Modelling renewable energy impact on the electricity market in India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 9-22.
- Nikolakakis, Thomas & Chattopadhyay, Deb & Bazilian, Morgan, 2017. "A review of renewable investment and power system operational issues in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 650-658.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity markets; Ancillary services; Ramping costs; Co-optimization;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:34:y:2012:i:6:p:1959-1971. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.