Economies of vertical integration in the Swiss electricity sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Humphrey, David B, 1993. "The Role of Fixed Costs and Cost Complementarities in Determining Scope Economies and the Cost of Narrow Banking Proposals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(3), pages 437-462, July.
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Braunstein, Yale M, 1992. "A Composite Cost Function for Multiproduct Firms with an Application to Economies of Scope in Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 221-230, May.
- E. Martínez-Budría & S. Jara-Díaz & F. Ramos-Real, 2003. "Adapting Productivity Theory to the Quadratic Cost Function. An Application to the Spanish Electric Sector," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 213-229, September.
- Greer, Monica L., 2008. "A test of vertical economies for non-vertically integrated firms: The case of rural electric cooperatives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 679-687, May.
- Massimo Filippini, 1998. "Are Municipal Electricity Distribution Utilities Natural Monopolies?," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(2), pages 157-174, June.
- Beatriz Tovar & Sergio Jara-DÃaz & Lourdes Trujillo, 2007.
"Econometric estimation of scale and scope economies within the Port Sector: a review,"
Maritime Policy & Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 203-223, June.
- Tovar, B. & Jara-Diaz, S. & Trujillo, L., 2007. "Econometric estimation of scale and scope economies within the port sector: a review," Working Papers 07/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2007. "Economies of Scale and Scope in the Swiss Multi-Utilities Sector," CEPE Working paper series 07-59, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Michaels, Robert J., 2004. "Vertical Integration: The Economics that Electricity Forgot," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(10), pages 11-23, December.
- Kaserman, David L & Mayo, John W, 1991. "The Measurement of Vertical Economies and the Efficient Structure of the Electric Utility Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 483-502, September.
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Lee, Byung-Joo, 1995. "Separability Test for the Electricity Supply Industry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 49-60, Jan.-Marc.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2005. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521848053.
- Michael Maloney, 2001. "Economies and Diseconomies: Estimating Electricity Cost Functions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(2), pages 165-180, September.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Tretheway, Michael W, 1980. "Flexible Cost Functions for Multiproduct Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 477-481, August.
- Panzar, John C., 1989. "Technological determinants of firm and industry structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-59, Elsevier.
- Giovanni Fraquelli & Massimiliano Piacenza & Davide Vannoni, 2004. "Scope and scale economies in multi-utilities: evidence from gas, water and electricity combinations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(18), pages 2045-2057.
- A. Yatchew, 2000. "Scale economies in electricity distribution: a semiparametric analysis," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 187-210.
- Takanori Ida & Tetsuya Kuwahara, 2004. "Yardstick Cost Comparison and Economies of Scale and Scope in Japan's Electric Power Industry," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 423-438, December.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2007.
"Economies of Scale and Scope in Local Public Transportation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 345-361, September.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2006. "Economies of scale and scope in local public transportation," CEPE Working paper series 06-48, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Giovanni Fraquelli & Massimiliano Piacenza & Davide Vannoni, 2005. "Cost Savings From Generation and Distribution with an Application to Italian Electric Utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 289-308, November.
- Filippini, Massimo & Hrovatin, Nevenka & Zoric, Jelena, 2004.
"Efficiency and regulation of the Slovenian electricity distribution companies,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 335-344, February.
- Massimo Filippini & Nevenka Hrovatin & Jelena Zoric, 2002. "Efficiency and Regulation of the Slovenian Electricity Distribution Companies," CEPE Working paper series 02-14, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Sing, Merrile, 1987. "Are Combination Gas and Electric Utilities Multiproduct Natural Monopolies?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 392-398, August.
- Gilsdorf, Keith, 1994. "Vertical integration efficiencies and electric utilities: A cost complementarity perspective," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 261-282.
- Jara-Diaz, Sergio & Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier & Martinez-Budria, Eduardo, 2004. "Economies of integration in the Spanish electricity industry using a multistage cost function," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 995-1013, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gugler, Klaus & Liebensteiner, Mario & Schmitt, Stephan, 2017.
"Vertical disintegration in the European electricity sector: Empirical evidence on lost synergies,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 450-478.
- Klaus Gugler & Mario Liebensteiner & Stephan Schmitt, 2014. "Vertical Disintegration in the European Electricity Sector: Empirical Evidence on Lost Synergies," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp190, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Gugler, Klaus & Liebensteiner, Mario & Schmitt , Stephan, 2014. "Vertical Disintegration in the European Electricity Sector: Empirical Evidence on Lost Synergies," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 190, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Oh, Dong-hyun, 2015. "Productivity growth, technical change and economies of scale of Korean fossil-fuel generation companies, 2001–2012: A dual approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 113-121.
- Mohammed Al-Mahish, 2017. "Economies of Scale, Technical Change, and Total Factor Productivity Growth of the Saudi Electricity Sector," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(3), pages 86-94.
- Nillesen, P. & Pollitt, M., 2019.
"Ownership Unbundling of Electricity Distribution Networks,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1905, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Nillesen & Michael G. Pollitt, 2019. "Ownership Unbundling of Electricity Distribution Networks," Working Papers EPRG 1905, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Joalland, Olivier & Pereau, Jean-Christophe & Rambonilaza, Tina, 2019. "Bargaining local compensation payments for the installation of new power transmission lines," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 75-85.
- Thomas P. Triebs & David S. Saal & Pablo Arocena & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2016.
"Estimating economies of scale and scope with flexible technology,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 173-186, April.
- Thomas Triebs & David Saal & Pablo Arocena & Subal Kumbhakar, 2016. "Estimating economies of scale and scope with flexible technology," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 173-186, April.
- Thomas Triebs & David S. Saal & Pablo Arocena & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012. "Estimating Economies of Scale and Scope with Flexible Technology," ifo Working Paper Series 142, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Triebs, Thomas P. & Saal, David S. & Arocena, Pablo & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2016. "Estimating economies of scale and scope with flexible technology," Munich Reprints in Economics 43531, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Jeong-Joon Yu & Seung-Hoon Yoo & Chulwoo Baek, 2019. "Economies of Scale in the South Korean Natural Gas Industry," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-10, April.
- Daisy Shen & Qing Yang, . "Electricity Market Regulatory Reform and Competition – Case Study of the New Zealand Electricity Market," Chapters, in: Yanrui Wu & Xunpeng Shi & Fukunari Kimura (ed.), Energy Market Integration in East Asia: Theories, Electricity Sector and Subsidies, chapter 6, pages 103-140, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Filippini, Massimo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014.
"The impact of ownership unbundling on cost efficiency: Empirical evidence from the New Zealand electricity distribution sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 412-418.
- Filippini, Massimo & Wetzel, Heike, 2013. "The Impact of Ownership Unbundling on Cost Efficiency: Empirical Evidence from the New Zealand Electricity Distribution Sector," EWI Working Papers 2013-6, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Heim, Sven & Krieger, Bastian & Liebensteiner, Mario, 2018. "Unbundling, regulation and pricing: Evidence from electricity distribution," ZEW Discussion Papers 18-050, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Goto, Mika & Inoue, Tomohiro & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2013. "Structural reform of Japanese electric power industry: Separation between generation and transmission & distribution," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 186-200.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomies of vertical integration Electric utilities Panel data models Unbundling Unobserved heterogeneity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:32:y:2010:i:6:p:1325-1330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.