Economies of Scale and Scope in the Swiss Multi-Utilities Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Humphrey, David B, 1993. "The Role of Fixed Costs and Cost Complementarities in Determining Scope Economies and the Cost of Narrow Banking Proposals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(3), pages 437-462, July.
- Pulley, Lawrence B & Braunstein, Yale M, 1992. "A Composite Cost Function for Multiproduct Firms with an Application to Economies of Scope in Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 221-230, May.
- Piacenza, Massimiliano & Vannoni, Davide, 2004. "Choosing among alternative cost function specifications: an application to Italian multi-utilities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 415-422, March.
- E. Martínez-Budría & S. Jara-Díaz & F. Ramos-Real, 2003. "Adapting Productivity Theory to the Quadratic Cost Function. An Application to the Spanish Electric Sector," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 213-229, September.
- Allen M. Featherstone & Charles B. Moss, 1994.
"Measuring Economies of Scale and Scope in Agricultural Banking,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 655-661.
- Featherstone, Allen M. & Moss, Charles B., 1993. "Measuring Economies of Scale and Scope in Agricultural Banking," Proceedings: 1993 Regional Committee NC-207, October 4-5, 1993, Chicago, Illinois 131339, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2005.
"Product-Market Competition in the Water Industry: Voluntary Non-discriminatory Pricing,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 115-135, June.
- Reto Fï¿½llmi & Urs Meister, "undated". "Product-Market Competition in the Water Industry: Voluntarily Nondiscriminatory Pricing," IEW - Working Papers 115, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2004. "Product-Market Competition in the Water Industry: Voluntary Nondiscriminatory Pricing," Working Papers 0032, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Beatriz Tovar & Sergio Jara-DÃaz & Lourdes Trujillo, 2007.
"Econometric estimation of scale and scope economies within the Port Sector: a review,"
Maritime Policy & Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 203-223, June.
- Tovar, B. & Jara-Diaz, S. & Trujillo, L., 2007. "Econometric estimation of scale and scope economies within the port sector: a review," Working Papers 07/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- A. Yatchew, 2000. "Scale economies in electricity distribution: a semiparametric analysis," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 187-210.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2007.
"Economies of Scale and Scope in Local Public Transportation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 345-361, September.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2006. "Economies of scale and scope in local public transportation," CEPE Working paper series 06-48, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Sing, Merrile, 1987. "Are Combination Gas and Electric Utilities Multiproduct Natural Monopolies?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 392-398, August.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2008. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9787111235767, April.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Tretheway, Michael W, 1980. "Flexible Cost Functions for Multiproduct Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 477-481, August.
- Panzar, John C., 1989. "Technological determinants of firm and industry structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-59 Elsevier.
- Giovanni Fraquelli & Massimiliano Piacenza & Davide Vannoni, 2004. "Scope and scale economies in multi-utilities: evidence from gas, water and electricity combinations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(18), pages 2045-2057.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carvalho, Pedro & Marques, Rui Cunha & Berg, Sanford, 2012.
"A meta-regression analysis of benchmarking studies on water utilities market structure,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 40-49.
- Carvalho, Pedro & Marques, Rui Cunha & Berg, Sanford, 2011. "A meta-regression analysis of benchmarking studies on water utilities market structure," MPRA Paper 32894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fetz, Aurelio & Filippini, Massimo, 2010. "Economies of vertical integration in the Swiss electricity sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1325-1330, November.
- Zakaria, Muhammad & Noureen, Rabia, 2016. "Benchmarking and regulation of power distribution companies in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1095-1099.
- Elisabetta Ottoz & Marina Di Giacomo, 2012.
"Diversification strategies and scope economies: evidence from a sample of Italian regional bus transport providers,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(22), pages 2867-2880, August.
- Ottoz Elisabetta & Di Giacomo Marina, 2008. "Diversification strategies and scope economies: Evidence from a sample of Italian regional bus transport Pproviders," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200802, University of Turin.
- Elisabetta Ottoz & Marina Di Giacomo, 2011. "Diversification strategies and scope economies: Evidence from a sample of Italian regional bus transport providers," Post-Print hal-00711444, HAL.
- Nisar, Arsalan & Ruiz, Felipe & Palacios, Miguel, 2013. "Organisational learning, strategic rigidity and technology adoption: Implications for electric utilities and renewable energy firms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 438-445.
- Kwansoo Kim & Donghwan An, 2015. "Nonparametric Evaluation of Economies of Scope in the Context of Technical Efficiency: The Case of Rice and Vegetable Farms in Korea," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 285-301, September.
- Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Piacenz, Massimiliano & Vannoni, Davide, 2011.
"The appropriateness of the poolability assumption for multiproduct technologies: Evidence from the English water and sewerage utilities,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 112-117, March.
- Anna Bottasso & Maurizio Conti & Massimiliano Piacenza & Davide Vannoni, 2010. "The Appropriateness of the Poolability Assumption for Multiproduct Technologies: Evidence from the English Water and Sewerage Utilities," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 183, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
More about this item
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cee:wpcepe:07-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Ordas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepetch.html .