The Hidden System Costs Of Wind Generation In A Deregulated Electricity Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Timothy D. Mount, Surin Maneevitjit, Alberto J. Lamadrid, Ray D. Zimmerman, and Robert J. Thomas, 2012. "The Hidden System Costs of Wind Generation in a Deregulated Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
References listed on IDEAS
- Bird, Lori & Chapman, Caroline & Logan, Jeff & Sumner, Jenny & Short, Walter, 2011. "Evaluating renewable portfolio standards and carbon cap scenarios in the U.S. electric sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2573-2585, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephan Nagl, Michaela Fursch, and Dietmar Lindenberger, 2013. "The Costs of Electricity Systems with a High Share of Fluctuating Renewables: A Stochastic Investment and Dispatch Optimization Model for Europe," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Andreas Gerster, 2016. "Negative price spikes at power markets: the role of energy policy," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 271-289, December.
- Hanson, Donald & Schmalzer, David & Nichols, Christopher & Balash, Peter, 2016. "The impacts of meeting a tight CO2 performance standard on the electric power sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 476-485.
- Narbel, Patrick A., 2014. "Rethinking how to support intermittent renewables," Discussion Papers 2014/17, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Hirth, Lion & Ueckerdt, Falko, 2013.
"Redistribution effects of energy and climate policy: The electricity market,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 934-947.
- Lion Hirth & Falko Ueckerdt, 2012. "Redistribution Effects of Energy and Climate Policy: The Electricity Market," Working Papers 2012.82, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Lamadrid, Alberto J. & Maneevitjit, Surin & Mount, Timothy D., 2016. "The economic value of transmission lines and the implications for planning models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-15.
- Wooyoung Jeon & Alberto Lamadrid & Jung Mo & Timothy Mount, 2015. "Using deferrable demand in a smart grid to reduce the cost of electricity for customers," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 239-272, June.
- Hirth, Lion, 2013. "The market value of variable renewables," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 218-236.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2011.
"Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 238-241, May.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2010. "Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies," Working Papers 1013, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2011. "Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 45, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Paul L. Joskow, 2011. "Comparing the Costs of Intermittent and Dispatchable Electricity Generating Technologies," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/45, European University Institute.
- Joan Batalla-Bejerano & Elisa Trujillo-Baute, 2015. "Analysing the sensitivity of electricity system operational costs to deviations in supply and demand," Working Papers 2015/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Dowds, Jonathan & Hines, Paul & Ryan, Todd & Buchanan, William & Kirby, Elizabeth & Apt, Jay & Jaramillo, Paulina, 2015. "A review of large-scale wind integration studies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 768-794.
- Lamadrid, Alberto J. & Mount, Tim, 2012. "Ancillary services in systems with high penetrations of renewable energy sources, the case of ramping," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1959-1971.
- Peeter Pikk & Marko Viiding, 2013. "The dangers of marginal cost based electricity pricing," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 49-62, July.
- Lion Hirth, 2013. "The Market Value of Variable Renewables. The Effect of Solar and Wind Power Variability on their Relative Price," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/36, European University Institute.
- Lauren Knapp & Jacob Ladenburg, 2015. "How Spatial Relationships Influence Economic Preferences for Wind Power—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-25, June.
- Zafirakis, Dimitrios & Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J. & Baiocchi, Giovanni & Daskalakis, George, 2013. "Modeling of financial incentives for investments in energy storage systems that promote the large-scale integration of wind energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 138-154.
- Gerster, Andreas, 2016. "Negative price spikes at power markets: The role of energy policy," Ruhr Economic Papers 636, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Okazaki, Toru & Shirai, Yasuyuki & Nakamura, Taketsune, 2015. "Concept study of wind power utilizing direct thermal energy conversion and thermal energy storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 332-338.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:126529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .