The Organisation of Services of General Interest in Finland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Stephen, 1993. "Endogenous Firm Efficiency in a Cournot Principal-Agent Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 445-450, April.
- Dani Rodrik, 2000. "How Far Will International Economic Integration Go?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 177-186, Winter.
- Belleflamme,Paul & Peitz,Martin, 2015. "Industrial Organization," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107687899, December.
- Jason P. Martinek & Michael J. Orlando, 2002. "Neither Lucky Nor Good - The Case of Electricity Deregulation in California," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 33(1), pages 75-82.
- Gunther Tichy, 2001. "What Do We Know about Success and Failure of Mergers?—Rejoinder," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 431-440, December.
- Johan Willner & David Parker, 2007. "The Performance of Public and Private Enterprise under Conditions of Active and Passive Ownership and Competition and Monopoly," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 90(3), pages 221-253, April.
- Maria Kopsakangas-Savolainen, 2003. "Quantity versus Price Competition in the Deregulated Finnish Electricity Markets," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 51-60, Autumn.
- Thomas, Steve, 2006. "The grin of the Cheshire cat," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 1974-1983, October.
- Johan Willner, 2008. "Liberalisation, competition and ownership in the presence of vertical relations," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 35(5), pages 449-464, December.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle, 1998. "Deregulation and quality," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 169-194, March.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2003. "Privatisation in OECD Countries: Theoretical Reasons and Results Obtained," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 1(3), pages 24-29, 02.
- Paul MacAVOY, 1998. "Testing for Competitiveness of Markets for Long Distance Telephone Services: Competition Finally?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 13(3), pages 295-319, June.
- Barrett, Sean D, 1997. "The implications of the Ireland-UK airline deregulation for an EU internal market," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 67-73.
- Francisco de Castro & Matteo Salto & Hugo Steiner, 2013. "The gap between public and private wages: new evidence for the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 508, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- De Fraja, Giovanni, 1993. "Productive efficiency in public and private firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Belleflamme,Paul & Peitz,Martin, 2010. "Industrial Organization," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521681599, November.
- Willner, Johan, 2001. "Ownership, efficiency, and political interference," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 723-748, November.
- Rothkopf, Michael H., 2007. "Dealing with Failed Deregulation: What Would Price C. Watts Do?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 10-16.
- Alamdari, Fariba E. & Morrell, Peter, 1997. "Airline labour cost reduction: post-liberalisation experience in the USA and Europe," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 53-66.
- Kay, J A & Thompson, D J, 1986. "Privatisation: A Policy in Search of a Rationale," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(381), pages 18-32, March.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1991. "Privatization and Incentives," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 84-105, Special I.
- Gunther Tichy, 2001. "What Do We Know about Success and Failure of Mergers?," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 347-394, December.
- John Kwoka, 2008. "Restructuring the U.S. Electric Power Sector: A Review of Recent Studies," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(3), pages 165-196, May.
- Stefan Buehler, 2005. "The Promise and Pitfalls of Restructuring Network Industries," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(2), pages 205-228, May.
- Reiner Martin & Moreno Roma & Isabel Vansteenkiste, 2005. "Regulatory reforms in selected EU network industries," Occasional Paper Series 28, European Central Bank.
- Pablo Arocena & David S. Saal & Tim Coelli, 2012. "Vertical and Horizontal Scope Economies in the Regulated U . S . Electric Power Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 434-467, September.
- Sung, Nakil, 1998. "The embodiment hypothesis revisited: evidence from the U.S. local exchange carriers," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 219-235, June.
- Luoma, Kalevi & Hjerppe, Reino, 1997. "Finnish Experiences in Measuring and Promoting Productivity in the Public Sector," Discussion Papers 150, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1988. "Privatization: An Economic Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262720116, January.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:1:y:2003:i:3:p:14567922 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonja Grönblom & Johan Willner, 2014. "Organisational form and individual motivation: public ownership, privatisation and fat cats," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 267-284, September.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:450-478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonja GRÖNBLOM & Johan WILLNER, 2008. "Privatization And Liberalization: Costs And Benefits In The Presence Of Wage-Bargaining," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(1), pages 133-160, March.
- Bruno S. Frey & Matthias Benz, 2005. "Can Private Learn from Public Governance?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(507), pages 377-396, November.
- Florio, Massimo, 2013. "Network Industries and Social Welfare: The Experiment that Reshuffled European Utilities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199674855.
- Bradburd, Ralph, 1992. "Privatization of natural monopoly public enterprises : the regulation issue," Policy Research Working Paper Series 864, The World Bank.
- Lorenz NETT, 1993. "Mixed Oligopoly With Homogeneous Goods," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 367-393, July.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1997. "Power of Incentives in Private versus Public Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 378-382, May.
- Gugler, Klaus & Liebensteiner, Mario & Schmitt, Stephan, 2017.
"Vertical disintegration in the European electricity sector: Empirical evidence on lost synergies,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 450-478.
- Gugler, Klaus & Liebensteiner, Mario & Stephan, Schmitt, 2014. "Vertical Disintegration in the European Electricity Sector: Empirical Evidence on Lost Synergies," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 4360, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Klaus Gugler & Mario Liebensteiner & Stephan Schmitt, 2014. "Vertical Disintegration in the European Electricity Sector: Empirical Evidence on Lost Synergies," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp190, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- David S Saal & David Parker, 2000. "The impact of privatization and regulation on the water and sewerage industry in England and Wales: a translog cost function model," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 253-268.
- Massimo Florio, 2006. "The Great Divestiture: Evaluating the Welfare Impact of the British Privatizations, 1979-1997," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262562227, January.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
More about this item
Keywordspublic ownership; privatisation; cost efficiency; social objectives;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- H44 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Goods: Mixed Markets
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2016-03-10 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2016-03-10 (Economics of Strategic Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crc:wpaper:1520. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRIEC). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciulgbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.