Restructuring the U.S. Electric Power Sector: A Review of Recent Studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul L. Joskow, 2006.
"Markets for Power in the United States: An Interim Assessment,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-36.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2005. "Markets For Power In The United States - An Interim Assessment," Working Papers 0512, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Rose, Nancy L., 1989. "The effects of economic regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1449-1506 Elsevier.
- Apt, Jay, 2005. "Competition Has Not Lowered U.S. Industrial Electricity Prices," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 52-61, March.
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Fagan, Mark L., 2006. "Measuring and Explaining Electricity Price Changes in Restructured States," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 35-42, June.
- Bushnell, James & Wolfram, Catherine, 2008. "Electricity Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31547, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- David J. Brophy & Paige P. Ouimet & Clemens Sialm, 2004. "PIPE Dreams? The Performance of Companies Issuing Equity Privately," NBER Working Papers 11011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-4-ros is not listed on IDEAS
- Guohua Feng & Jiti Gao & Xiaohui Zhang, 2018.
"Estimation of technical change and price elasticities: a categorical time–varying coefficient approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 117-138, December.
- Guohua Feng & Jiti Gao & Xiaohui Zhang, 2016. "Estimation of Technical Change and Price Elasticities: A Categorical Time-varying Coefficient Approach," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 2/16, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- McDaniel, Tanga M. & Groothuis, Peter A., 2012. "Retail competition in electricity supply—Survey results in North Carolina," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 315-321.
- Johan WILLNER & Sonja GRÖNBLOM, 2011. "Reforming a network industry: consequences for cost efficiency and welfare," Departmental Working Papers 2011-33, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- J. Dean Craig and Scott J. Savage, 2013. "Market Restructuring, Competition and the Efficiency of Electricity Generation: Plant-level Evidence from the United States 1996 to 2006," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Cronin, Francis J. & Motluk, Stephen, 2011. "Ten years after restructuring: Degraded distribution reliability and regulatory failure in Ontario," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 235-243.
- Pollitt, M. J., 2011.
"Lessons from the History of Independent System Operators in the Energy Sector, with applications to the Water Sector,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1153, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Michael G. Pollitt, 2011. "Lessons from the History of Independent System Operators in the Energy Sector, with applications to the Water Sector," Working Papers EPRG 1125, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Kevin Currier & Yanming Sun, 2014. "Market Power and Welfare in Electricity Markets Employing Tradable Green Certificate Systems," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 20(2), pages 129-138, May.
- Pollitt, Michael G. & Steer, Steven J., 2012.
"Economies of scale and scope in network industries: Lessons for the UK water and sewerage sectors,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 17-31.
- Pollitt, M. J. & Steer, S. J., 2011. "Economies of Scale and Scope in Network Industries: Lessons for the UK water and sewerage sectors," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1152, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Michael G. Pollitt & Stephen J. Steer, 2011. "Economies of Scale and Scope in Network Industries: Lessons for the UK water and sewerage sectors," Working Papers EPRG 1124, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Bejarano Hernan D. & Clifner Lance & Johnston Carl & Rassenti Stephen & Smith Vernon L., 2012. "Resource Adequacy: Should Regulators Worry?," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(4), pages 1-35, December.
- Bohne, Eberhard, 2011. "Conflicts between national regulatory cultures and EU energy regulations," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 255-269.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:118:y:2018:i:c:p:298-311 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pollitt, Michael G., 2012. "Lessons from the history of independent system operators in the energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 32-48.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:116:y:2018:i:c:p:220-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ralph Sonenshine, 2016. "Effect of Utility Deregulation and Mergers on Consumer Welfare," Working Papers 2016-08, American University, Department of Economics.
- Massimo Florio, 2014. "Energy Reforms and Consumer Prices in the EU over twenty Years," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Ibarra-Yunez, Alejandro, 2015. "Energy reform in Mexico: Imperfect unbundling in the electricity sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 19-27.
- Johan WILLNER & Sonja GRÖNBLOM, 2015. "The Organisation of Services of General Interest in Finland," CIRIEC Working Papers 1520, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2013. "Essays on Electricity Market Reforms: A Cross-Country Applied Approach," MPRA Paper 47139, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johan Willner & Sonja Gronblom, 2016. "The organisation of services of general interest in Finland," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(3), pages 89-116.
- Brown, David P. & Eckert, Andrew, 2018.
"The effect of default rates on retail competition and pricing decisions of competitive retailers: The case of Alberta,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 298-311.
- Brown, David P. & Eckert, Andrew, 2017. "The Effect of Default Rates on Retail Competition and Pricing Decisions of Competitive Retailers: The Case of Alberta," Working Papers 2017-6, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Razeghi, Ghazal & Shaffer, Brendan & Samuelsen, Scott, 2017. "Impact of electricity deregulation in the state of California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 105-115.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Tanga McDaniel Mohr, 2014. "Do Consumers Want Smart Meters? Incentives or Inertia: Evidence from North Carolina and Lessons for Policy," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; Restructuring; Deregulation; Evaluation studies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:32:y:2008:i:3:p:165-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.