Modelling electrochemical energy storage devices in insular power network applications supported on real data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Godina, Radu & Rodrigues, Eduardo M.G. & Matias, João C.O. & Catalão, João P.S., 2016. "Smart electric vehicle charging scheduler for overloading prevention of an industry client power distribution transformer," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 29-42.
- Schroeder, Andreas, 2011. "Modeling storage and demand management in power distribution grids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4700-4712.
- Rothgang, Susanne & Baumhöfer, Thorsten & van Hoek, Hauke & Lange, Tobias & De Doncker, Rik W. & Sauer, Dirk Uwe, 2015. "Modular battery design for reliable, flexible and multi-technology energy storage systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 931-937.
- Rodrigues, E.M.G. & Godina, R. & Santos, S.F. & Bizuayehu, A.W. & Contreras, J. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2014. "Energy storage systems supporting increased penetration of renewables in islanded systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 265-280.
- Brouwer, Anne Sjoerd & van den Broek, Machteld & Zappa, William & Turkenburg, Wim C. & Faaij, André, 2016. "Least-cost options for integrating intermittent renewables in low-carbon power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 48-74.
- repec:idb:brikps:83854 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kapsali, M. & Kaldellis, J.K. & Anagnostopoulos, J.S., 2016. "Investigating the techno-economic perspectives of high wind energy production in remote vs interconnected island networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 238-254.
- Rodrigues, E.M.G. & Osório, G.J. & Godina, R. & Bizuayehu, A.W. & Lujano-Rojas, J.M. & Matias, J.C.O. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2015. "Modelling and sizing of NaS (sodium sulfur) battery energy storage system for extending wind power performance in Crete Island," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P2), pages 1606-1617.
- Rodrigues, E.M.G. & Osório, G.J. & Godina, R. & Bizuayehu, A.W. & Lujano-Rojas, J.M. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2016. "Grid code reinforcements for deeper renewable generation in insular energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 163-177.
- Meschede, Henning & Holzapfel, Peter & Kadelbach, Florian & Hesselbach, Jens, 2016. "Classification of global island regarding the opportunity of using RES," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 251-258.
- Marongiu, Andrea & Roscher, Marco & Sauer, Dirk Uwe, 2015. "Influence of the vehicle-to-grid strategy on the aging behavior of lithium battery electric vehicles," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 899-912.
- Ranaboldo, Matteo & Lega, Bruno Domenech & Ferrenbach, David Vilar & Ferrer-Martí, Laia & Moreno, Rafael Pastor & García-Villoria, Alberto, 2014. "Renewable energy projects to electrify rural communities in Cape Verde," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 280-291.
- Luo, Xing & Wang, Jihong & Dooner, Mark & Clarke, Jonathan, 2015. "Overview of current development in electrical energy storage technologies and the application potential in power system operation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 511-536.
- Lund, Peter D. & Lindgren, Juuso & Mikkola, Jani & Salpakari, Jyri, 2015. "Review of energy system flexibility measures to enable high levels of variable renewable electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 785-807.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katsaprakakis, Dimitris Al. & Dakanali, Irini & Condaxakis, Constantinos & Christakis, Dimitris G., 2019. "Comparing electricity storage technologies for small insular grids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Mehdi Bagheri & Venera Nurmanova & Oveis Abedinia & Mohammad Salay Naderi & Noradin Ghadimi & Mehdi Salay Naderi, 2019. "Renewable Energy Sources and Battery Forecasting Effects in Smart Power System Performance," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-18, January.
- Das, Choton K. & Bass, Octavian & Kothapalli, Ganesh & Mahmoud, Thair S. & Habibi, Daryoush, 2018. "Optimal placement of distributed energy storage systems in distribution networks using artificial bee colony algorithm," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 232(C), pages 212-228.
- Das, Choton K. & Bass, Octavian & Mahmoud, Thair S. & Kothapalli, Ganesh & Mousavi, Navid & Habibi, Daryoush & Masoum, Mohammad A.S., 2019. "Optimal allocation of distributed energy storage systems to improve performance and power quality of distribution networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 252(C), pages 1-1.
- Mehdi Tavakkoli & Jafar Adabi & Sasan Zabihi & Radu Godina & Edris Pouresmaeil, 2018. "Reserve Allocation of Photovoltaic Systems to Improve Frequency Stability in Hybrid Power Systems," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-19, September.
- Tianfei Sun & Bizhong Xia & Yifan Liu & Yongzhi Lai & Weiwei Zheng & Huawen Wang & Wei Wang & Mingwang Wang, 2019. "A Novel Hybrid Prognostic Approach for Remaining Useful Life Estimation of Lithium-Ion Batteries," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(19), pages 1-22, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cruz, Marco R.M. & Fitiwi, Desta Z. & Santos, Sérgio F. & Catalão, João P.S., 2018. "A comprehensive survey of flexibility options for supporting the low-carbon energy future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 338-353.
- Hunt, Julian David & Zakeri, Behnam & Falchetta, Giacomo & Nascimento, Andreas & Wada, Yoshihide & Riahi, Keywan, 2020. "Mountain Gravity Energy Storage: A new solution for closing the gap between existing short- and long-term storage technologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C).
- Papadopoulos, Agis M., 2020. "Renewable energies and storage in small insular systems: Potential, perspectives and a case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 103-114.
- Dorotić, Hrvoje & Doračić, Borna & Dobravec, Viktorija & Pukšec, Tomislav & Krajačić, Goran & Duić, Neven, 2019. "Integration of transport and energy sectors in island communities with 100% intermittent renewable energy sources," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 109-124.
- Yang, Yuqing & Bremner, Stephen & Menictas, Chris & Kay, Merlinde, 2018. "Battery energy storage system size determination in renewable energy systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 109-125.
- Díaz, Guzmán & Coto, José & Gómez-Aleixandre, Javier, 2019. "Levelized income loss as a metric of the adaptation of wind and energy storage to variable prices," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(C), pages 1179-1191.
- Gils, Hans Christian & Simon, Sonja, 2017. "Carbon neutral archipelago – 100% renewable energy supply for the Canary Islands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 342-355.
- Loisel, Rodica & Lemiale, Lionel, 2018. "Comparative energy scenarios: Solving the capacity sizing problem on the French Atlantic Island of Yeu," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 54-67.
- Sigrist, L. & Lobato, E. & Rouco, L. & Gazzino, M. & Cantu, M., 2017. "Economic assessment of smart grid initiatives for island power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 403-415.
- Lombardi, P. & Schwabe, F., 2017. "Sharing economy as a new business model for energy storage systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 485-496.
- McPherson, Madeleine & Stoll, Brady, 2020. "Demand response for variable renewable energy integration: A proposed approach and its impacts," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 197(C).
- Kruyt, Bert & Lehning, Michael & Kahl, Annelen, 2017. "Potential contributions of wind power to a stable and highly renewable Swiss power supply," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 1-11.
- Zizzo, G. & Beccali, M. & Bonomolo, M. & Di Pietra, B. & Ippolito, M.G. & La Cascia, D. & Leone, G. & Lo Brano, V. & Monteleone, F., 2017. "A feasibility study of some DSM enabling solutions in small islands: The case of Lampedusa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(P1), pages 1030-1046.
- Jurasz, Jakub & Ciapała, Bartłomiej, 2017. "Integrating photovoltaics into energy systems by using a run-off-river power plant with pondage to smooth energy exchange with the power gird," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 198(C), pages 21-35.
- Michael Schoepf & Martin Weibelzahl & Lisa Nowka, 2018. "The Impact of Substituting Production Technologies on the Economic Demand Response Potential in Industrial Processes," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-13, August.
- Cole, Wesley & Lewis, Haley & Sigrin, Ben & Margolis, Robert, 2016. "Interactions of rooftop PV deployment with the capacity expansion of the bulk power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 473-481.
- Weitzel, Timm & Glock, Christoph H., 2018. "Energy management for stationary electric energy storage systems: A systematic literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 264(2), pages 582-606.
- Jiang, Yinghua & Kang, Lixia & Liu, Yongzhong, 2019. "A unified model to optimize configuration of battery energy storage systems with multiple types of batteries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 552-560.
- Gallo, A.B. & Simões-Moreira, J.R. & Costa, H.K.M. & Santos, M.M. & Moutinho dos Santos, E., 2016. "Energy storage in the energy transition context: A technology review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 800-822.
- Solomon, A.A. & Kammen, Daniel M. & Callaway, D., 2016. "Investigating the impact of wind–solar complementarities on energy storage requirement and the corresponding supply reliability criteria," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 130-145.
More about this item
KeywordsBattery SOC; Modelling techniques; Insular grids; Electrical energy storage; Renewables integration;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:188:y:2017:i:c:p:315-329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.