Economic assessment of smart grid initiatives for island power systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meschede, Henning & Holzapfel, Peter & Kadelbach, Florian & Hesselbach, Jens, 2016. "Classification of global island regarding the opportunity of using RES," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 251-258.
- David J. Hand & Heikki Mannila & Padhraic Smyth, 2001. "Principles of Data Mining," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026208290x, August.
- Chua, K.J. & Yang, W.M. & Er, S.S. & Ho, C.A., 2014. "Sustainable energy systems for a remote island community," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1752-1763.
- Kondziella, Hendrik & Bruckner, Thomas, 2016. "Flexibility requirements of renewable energy based electricity systems – a review of research results and methodologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 10-22.
- Lenzen, Manfred & McBain, Bonnie & Trainer, Ted & Jütte, Silke & Rey-Lescure, Olivier & Huang, Jing, 2016. "Simulating low-carbon electricity supply for Australia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 553-564.
- Dominković, D.F. & Bačeković, I. & Ćosić, B. & Krajačić, G. & Pukšec, T. & Duić, N. & Markovska, N., 2016. "Zero carbon energy system of South East Europe in 2050," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1517-1528.
- Ranaboldo, Matteo & Lega, Bruno Domenech & Ferrenbach, David Vilar & Ferrer-Martí, Laia & Moreno, Rafael Pastor & García-Villoria, Alberto, 2014. "Renewable energy projects to electrify rural communities in Cape Verde," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 280-291.
- Calise, Francesco & Cipollina, Andrea & Dentice d’Accadia, Massimo & Piacentino, Antonio, 2014. "A novel renewable polygeneration system for a small Mediterranean volcanic island for the combined production of energy and water: Dynamic simulation and economic assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 675-693.
- Lund, Peter D. & Lindgren, Juuso & Mikkola, Jani & Salpakari, Jyri, 2015. "Review of energy system flexibility measures to enable high levels of variable renewable electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 785-807.
- Mandelli, Stefano & Barbieri, Jacopo & Mereu, Riccardo & Colombo, Emanuela, 2016. "Off-grid systems for rural electrification in developing countries: Definitions, classification and a comprehensive literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1621-1646.
- Schallenberg-Rodríguez, Julieta & Notario-del Pino, Jesús, 2014. "Evaluation of on-shore wind techno-economical potential in regions and islands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 117-129.
- Mathiesen, B.V. & Lund, H. & Connolly, D. & Wenzel, H. & Østergaard, P.A. & Möller, B. & Nielsen, S. & Ridjan, I. & Karnøe, P. & Sperling, K. & Hvelplund, F.K., 2015. "Smart Energy Systems for coherent 100% renewable energy and transport solutions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 139-154.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meschede, Henning & Esparcia, Eugene A. & Holzapfel, Peter & Bertheau, Paul & Ang, Rosario C. & Blanco, Ariel C. & Ocon, Joey D., 2019. "On the transferability of smart energy systems on off-grid islands using cluster analysis – A case study for the Philippine archipelago," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Dorotić, Hrvoje & Doračić, Borna & Dobravec, Viktorija & Pukšec, Tomislav & Krajačić, Goran & Duić, Neven, 2019. "Integration of transport and energy sectors in island communities with 100% intermittent renewable energy sources," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 109-124.
- Alessandro Corsini & Eileen Tortora, 2018. "Sea-Water Desalination for Load Levelling of Gen-Sets in Small Off-Grid Islands," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-18, August.
- Ahmadipour, Masoud & Hizam, Hashim & Othman, Mohammad Lutfi & Radzi, Mohd Amran Mohd & Murthy, Avinash Srikanta, 2018. "Islanding detection technique using Slantlet Transform and Ridgelet Probabilistic Neural Network in grid-connected photovoltaic system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 645-659.
- Mendoza-Vizcaino, Javier & Raza, Muhammad & Sumper, Andreas & Díaz-González, Francisco & Galceran-Arellano, Samuel, 2019. "Integral approach to energy planning and electric grid assessment in a renewable energy technology integration for a 50/50 target applied to a small island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 524-543.
- Pfeifer, Antun & Dobravec, Viktorija & Pavlinek, Luka & Krajačić, Goran & Duić, Neven, 2018. "Integration of renewable energy and demand response technologies in interconnected energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 447-455.
- Majidi Nezhad, M. & Groppi, D. & Marzialetti, P. & Fusilli, L. & Laneve, G. & Cumo, F. & Garcia, D. Astiaso, 2019. "Wind energy potential analysis using Sentinel-1 satellite: A review and a case study on Mediterranean islands," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 499-513.
More about this item
KeywordsSmart island; Unit commitment; Energy storage; Renewable energy sources; Demand side management; Electric vehicles;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:189:y:2017:i:c:p:403-415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.