Classification of global island regarding the opportunity of using RES
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anagnostopoulos, J.S. & Papantonis, D.E., 2008. "Simulation and size optimization of a pumped–storage power plant for the recovery of wind-farms rejected energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1685-1694.
- Segurado, Raquel & Krajacic, Goran & Duic, Neven & Alves, Luís, 2011. "Increasing the penetration of renewable energy resources in S. Vicente, Cape Verde," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 466-472, February.
- Neves, Diana & Silva, Carlos A. & Connors, Stephen, 2014. "Design and implementation of hybrid renewable energy systems on micro-communities: A review on case studies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 935-946.
- Ma, Tao & Yang, Hongxing & Lu, Lin & Peng, Jinqing, 2015. "Pumped storage-based standalone photovoltaic power generation system: Modeling and techno-economic optimization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 649-659.
- Bueno, C. & Carta, J.A., 2006. "Wind powered pumped hydro storage systems, a means of increasing the penetration of renewable energy in the Canary Islands," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 312-340, August.
- Ma, Tao & Yang, Hongxing & Lu, Lin & Peng, Jinqing, 2014. "Technical feasibility study on a standalone hybrid solar-wind system with pumped hydro storage for a remote island in Hong Kong," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 7-15.
- Kapsali, M. & Anagnostopoulos, J.S. & Kaldellis, J.K., 2012. "Wind powered pumped-hydro storage systems for remote islands: A complete sensitivity analysis based on economic perspectives," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 430-444.
- Katsaprakakis, Dimitris Al. & Christakis, Dimitris G. & Zervos, Arthouros & Papantonis, Dimitris & Voutsinas, Spiros, 2008. "Pumped storage systems introduction in isolated power production systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 467-490.
- Kaldellis, J. K. & Kavadias, K. A., 2001. "Optimal wind-hydro solution for Aegean Sea islands' electricity-demand fulfilment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 333-354, December.
- Grassi, Stefano & Chokani, Ndaona & Abhari, Reza S., 2012. "Large scale technical and economical assessment of wind energy potential with a GIS tool: Case study Iowa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 73-85.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D. & Kavadias, K., 2009. "Techno-economic comparison of energy storage systems for island autonomous electrical networks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 378-392, February.
- Schallenberg-Rodríguez, Julieta & Notario-del Pino, Jesús, 2014. "Evaluation of on-shore wind techno-economical potential in regions and islands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 117-129.
- Ma, Tao & Yang, Hongxing & Lu, Lin, 2014. "A feasibility study of a stand-alone hybrid solar–wind–battery system for a remote island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 149-158.
- Weisser, Daniel, 2004. "On the economics of electricity consumption in small island developing states: a role for renewable energy technologies?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 127-140, January.
- Ma, Tao & Yang, Hongxing & Lu, Lin & Peng, Jinqing, 2015. "Optimal design of an autonomous solar–wind-pumped storage power supply system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 728-736.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gils, Hans Christian & Simon, Sonja, 2017. "Carbon neutral archipelago – 100% renewable energy supply for the Canary Islands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 342-355.
- Rodrigues, E.M.G. & Godina, R. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2017. "Modelling electrochemical energy storage devices in insular power network applications supported on real data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 315-329.
- Meschede, Henning, 2019. "Increased utilisation of renewable energies through demand response in the water supply sector – A case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 810-817.
- Sigrist, L. & Lobato, E. & Rouco, L. & Gazzino, M. & Cantu, M., 2017. "Economic assessment of smart grid initiatives for island power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 403-415.
- Meschede, Henning & Esparcia, Eugene A. & Holzapfel, Peter & Bertheau, Paul & Ang, Rosario C. & Blanco, Ariel C. & Ocon, Joey D., 2019. "On the transferability of smart energy systems on off-grid islands using cluster analysis – A case study for the Philippine archipelago," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Dorotić, Hrvoje & Doračić, Borna & Dobravec, Viktorija & Pukšec, Tomislav & Krajačić, Goran & Duić, Neven, 2019. "Integration of transport and energy sectors in island communities with 100% intermittent renewable energy sources," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 109-124.
- Alessandro Corsini & Eileen Tortora, 2018. "Sea-Water Desalination for Load Levelling of Gen-Sets in Small Off-Grid Islands," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-18, August.
- Bertheau, Paul & Cader, Catherina, 2019. "Electricity sector planning for the Philippine islands: Considering centralized and decentralized supply options," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Mazzoni, Stefano & Ooi, Sean & Nastasi, Benedetto & Romagnoli, Alessandro, 2019. "Energy storage technologies as techno-economic parameters for master-planning and optimal dispatch in smart multi energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Meschede, Henning & Dunkelberg, Heiko & Stöhr, Fabian & Peesel, Ron-Hendrik & Hesselbach, Jens, 2017. "Assessment of probabilistic distributed factors influencing renewable energy supply for hotels using Monte-Carlo methods," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 86-100.
- Gioutsos, Dean Marcus & Blok, Kornelis & van Velzen, Leonore & Moorman, Sjoerd, 2018. "Cost-optimal electricity systems with increasing renewable energy penetration for islands across the globe," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 437-449.
- Mendoza-Vizcaino, Javier & Raza, Muhammad & Sumper, Andreas & Díaz-González, Francisco & Galceran-Arellano, Samuel, 2019. "Integral approach to energy planning and electric grid assessment in a renewable energy technology integration for a 50/50 target applied to a small island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 524-543.
- Bertheau, Paul & Blechinger, Philipp, 2018. "Resilient solar energy island supply to support SDG7 on the Philippines: Techno-economic optimized electrification strategy for small islands," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 55-77.
- Majidi Nezhad, M. & Groppi, D. & Marzialetti, P. & Fusilli, L. & Laneve, G. & Cumo, F. & Garcia, D. Astiaso, 2019. "Wind energy potential analysis using Sentinel-1 satellite: A review and a case study on Mediterranean islands," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 499-513.
- Javier Mendoza-Vizcaino & Andreas Sumper & Samuel Galceran-Arellano, 2017. "PV, Wind and Storage Integration on Small Islands for the Fulfilment of the 50-50 Renewable Electricity Generation Target," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-29, May.
- Liu, Jiahong & Mei, Chao & Wang, Hao & Shao, Weiwei & Xiang, Chenyao, 2018. "Powering an island system by renewable energy—A feasibility analysis in the Maldives," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 227(C), pages 18-27.
- Bénard-Sora, Fiona & Praene, Jean Philippe, 2018. "Sustainable urban planning for a successful energy transition on Reunion Island: From policy intentions to practical achievement," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1-13.
More about this item
KeywordsCluster analysis; Islands; Renewable energy; Transfer;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:175:y:2016:i:c:p:251-258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.