Large scale technical and economical assessment of wind energy potential with a GIS tool: Case study Iowa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jobert, Arthur & Laborgne, Pia & Mimler, Solveig, 2007. "Local acceptance of wind energy: Factors of success identified in French and German case studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2751-2760, May.
- Janke, Jason R., 2010. "Multicriteria GIS modeling of wind and solar farms in Colorado," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2228-2234.
- Bishop, Ian D. & Stock, Christian, 2010. "Using collaborative virtual environments to plan wind energy installations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2348-2355.
- Yue, Cheng-Dar & Yang, Grant Gwo-Liang, 2007. "Decision support system for exploiting local renewable energy sources: A case study of the Chigu area of southwestern Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 383-394, January.
- Gamboa, Gonzalo & Munda, Giuseppe, 2007. "The problem of windfarm location: A social multi-criteria evaluation framework," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1564-1583, March.
- Farrugia, R.N., 2003. "The wind shear exponent in a Mediterranean island climate," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 647-653.
- Dutra, Ricardo & Szklo, Alexandre, 2008. "Assessing long-term incentive programs for implementing wind power in Brazil using GIS rule-based methods," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2507-2515.
- Rodman, Laura C. & Meentemeyer, Ross K., 2006. "A geographic analysis of wind turbine placement in Northern California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2137-2149, October.
- Baban, Serwan M.J & Parry, Tim, 2001. "Developing and applying a GIS-assisted approach to locating wind farms in the UK," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 59-71.
- Mari, Riccardo & Bottai, Lorenzo & Busillo, Caterina & Calastrini, Francesca & Gozzini, Bernardo & Gualtieri, Giovanni, 2011. "A GIS-based interactive web decision support system for planning wind farms in Tuscany (Italy)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 754-763.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Wind power implementation: The nature of public attitudes: Equity and fairness instead of 'backyard motives'," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1188-1207, August.
- Aydin, Nazli Yonca & Kentel, Elcin & Duzgun, Sebnem, 2010. "GIS-based environmental assessment of wind energy systems for spatial planning: A case study from Western Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 364-373, January.
- Jones, Christopher R. & Richard Eiser, J., 2010. "Understanding 'local' opposition to wind development in the UK: How big is a backyard?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3106-3117, June.
- Wiser, Ryan & Namovicz, Christopher & Gielecki, Mark & Smith, Robert, 2007. "The Experience with Renewable Portfolio Standards in the United States," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 8-20, May.
- Voivontas, D. & Assimacopoulos, D. & Mourelatos, A. & Corominas, J., 1998. "Evaluation of Renewable Energy potential using a GIS decision support system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 333-344.
- Clarke, J.A. & Grant, A.D., 1996. "Planning support tools for the integration of renewable energy at the regional level," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1090-1093.
- Sliz-Szkliniarz, Beata & Vogt, Joachim, 2011. "GIS-based approach for the evaluation of wind energy potential: A case study for the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1696-1707, April.
- Hossain, Jami & Sinha, Vinay & Kishore, V.V.N., 2011. "A GIS based assessment of potential for windfarms in India," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3257-3267.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Veronesi, F. & Grassi, S. & Raubal, M., 2016. "Statistical learning approach for wind resource assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 836-850.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p1:p:1154-1165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mahtta, Richa & Joshi, P.K. & Jindal, Alok Kumar, 2014. "Solar power potential mapping in India using remote sensing inputs and environmental parameters," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 255-262.
- Slednev, Viktor & Bertsch, Valentin & Ruppert, Manuel & Fichtner, Wolf, 2017. "Highly resolved optimal renewable allocation planning in power systems under consideration of dynamic grid topology," MPRA Paper 79706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mekonnen, Addisu D. & Gorsevski, Pece V., 2015. "A web-based participatory GIS (PGIS) for offshore wind farm suitability within Lake Erie, Ohio," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 162-177.
- Höltinger, Stefan & Salak, Boris & Schauppenlehner, Thomas & Scherhaufer, Patrick & Schmidt, Johannes, 2016. "Austria's wind energy potential – A participatory modeling approach to assess socio-political and market acceptance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 49-61.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:12:p:2072-:d:121878 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gass, Viktoria & Schmidt, Johannes & Strauss, Franziska & Schmid, Erwin, 2013. "Assessing the economic wind power potential in Austria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 323-330.
- Watts, David & Durán, Pablo & Flores, Yarela, 2017. "How does El Niño Southern Oscillation impact the wind resource in Chile? A techno-economical assessment of the influence of El Niño and La Niña on the wind power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 128-142.
- Shafiullah, Md & Rahman, Syed Masiur & Mortoja, Md. Golam & Al-Ramadan, Baqer, 2016. "Role of spatial analysis technology in power system industry: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 584-595.
- Siyal, Shahid Hussain & Mörtberg, Ulla & Mentis, Dimitris & Welsch, Manuel & Babelon, Ian & Howells, Mark, 2015. "Wind energy assessment considering geographic and environmental restrictions in Sweden: A GIS-based approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 447-461.
- Ribeiro, Alan Emanuel Duailibe & Arouca, Maurício Cardoso & Coelho, Daniel Moreira, 2016. "Electric energy generation from small-scale solar and wind power in Brazil: The influence of location, area and shape," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 554-563.
- Bossavy, Arthur & Girard, Robin & Kariniotakis, Georges, 2016. "Sensitivity analysis in the technical potential assessment of onshore wind and ground solar photovoltaic power resources at regional scale," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 145-153.
- Atici, Kazim Baris & Simsek, Ahmet Bahadir & Ulucan, Aydin & Tosun, Mustafa Umur, 2015. "A GIS-based Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis approach for wind power plant site selection," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 86-96.
- Meschede, Henning & Holzapfel, Peter & Kadelbach, Florian & Hesselbach, Jens, 2016. "Classification of global island regarding the opportunity of using RES," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 251-258.
- Kucukali, Serhat, 2016. "Risk scorecard concept in wind energy projects: An integrated approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 975-987.
- Grassi, Stefano & Junghans, Sven & Raubal, Martin, 2014. "Assessment of the wake effect on the energy production of onshore wind farms using GIS," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 827-837.
More about this item
KeywordsGIS; Economic exploitable wind energy potential; Power purchase agreement (PPA);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:45:y:2012:i:c:p:73-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.