The wind shear exponent in a Mediterranean island climate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gualtieri, Giovanni & Secci, Sauro, 2012. "Methods to extrapolate wind resource to the turbine hub height based on power law: A 1-h wind speed vs. Weibull distribution extrapolation comparison," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 183-200.
- Akintayo T. Abolude & Wen Zhou, 2018. "A Comparative Computational Fluid Dynamic Study on the Effects of Terrain Type on Hub-Height Wind Aerodynamic Properties," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Kruyt, Bert & Lehning, Michael & Kahl, Annelen, 2017. "Potential contributions of wind power to a stable and highly renewable Swiss power supply," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 1-11.
- Rehman, Shafiqur & Al-Abbadi, Naif M., 2007. "Wind shear coefficients and energy yield for Dhahran, Saudi Arabia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 738-749.
- Borhanazad, Hanieh & Mekhilef, Saad & Gounder Ganapathy, Velappa & Modiri-Delshad, Mostafa & Mirtaheri, Ali, 2014. "Optimization of micro-grid system using MOPSO," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 295-306.
- Schallenberg-Rodriguez, Julieta, 2013. "A methodological review to estimate techno-economical wind energy production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 272-287.
- Fırtın, Ebubekir & Güler, Önder & Akdağ, Seyit Ahmet, 2011. "Investigation of wind shear coefficients and their effect on electrical energy generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4097-4105.
- Kubik, M.L. & Coker, P.J. & Barlow, J.F. & Hunt, C., 2013. "A study into the accuracy of using meteorological wind data to estimate turbine generation output," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 153-158.
- Rehman, Shafiqur & Al-Abbadi, Naif M., 2008. "Wind shear coefficient, turbulence intensity and wind power potential assessment for Dhulom, Saudi Arabia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2653-2660.
- Akdag, Seyit Ahmet & Güler, Önder, 2010. "Evaluation of wind energy investment interest and electricity generation cost analysis for Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2574-2580, August.
- Kabir, Md Ruhul & Rooke, Braden & Dassanayake, G.D. Malinga & Fleck, Brian A., 2012. "Comparative life cycle energy, emission, and economic analysis of 100 kW nameplate wind power generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 133-141.
- Bañuelos-Ruedas, F. & Angeles-Camacho, C. & Rios-Marcuello, S., 2010. "Analysis and validation of the methodology used in the extrapolation of wind speed data at different heights," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 2383-2391, October.
- Patlitzianas, Konstantinos D. & Kagiannas, Argyris G. & Askounis, Dimitris Th. & Psarras, John, 2005. "The policy perspective for RES development in the new member states of the EU," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 477-492.
- Grassi, Stefano & Chokani, Ndaona & Abhari, Reza S., 2012. "Large scale technical and economical assessment of wind energy potential with a GIS tool: Case study Iowa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 73-85.
- Li, Jiale & Wang, Xuefei & Yu, Xiong (Bill), 2018. "Use of spatio-temporal calibrated wind shear model to improve accuracy of wind resource assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 213(C), pages 469-485.
- Gualtieri, Giovanni & Secci, Sauro, 2011. "Wind shear coefficients, roughness length and energy yield over coastal locations in Southern Italy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1081-1094.
- Soler-Bientz, Rolando, 2011. "Preliminary results from a network of stations for wind resource assessment at North of Yucatan Peninsula," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 538-548.
- Hossain, Md Alamgir & Pota, Hemanshu Roy & Squartini, Stefano & Abdou, Ahmed Fathi, 2019. "Modified PSO algorithm for real-time energy management in grid-connected microgrids," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 746-757.
- Ramli, Makbul A.M. & Bouchekara, H.R.E.H. & Alghamdi, Abdulsalam S., 2018. "Optimal sizing of PV/wind/diesel hybrid microgrid system using multi-objective self-adaptive differential evolution algorithm," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 400-411.
- Aliashim Albani & Mohd Zamri Ibrahim, 2017. "Wind Energy Potential and Power Law Indexes Assessment for Selected Near-Coastal Sites in Malaysia," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-21, March.
- Mazhar Hussain Baloch & Dahaman Ishak & Sohaib Tahir Chaudary & Baqir Ali & Ali Asghar Memon & Touqeer Ahmed Jumani, 2019. "Wind Power Integration: An Experimental Investigation for Powering Local Communities," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-24, February.
- Gualtieri, Giovanni & Secci, Sauro, 2011. "Comparing methods to calculate atmospheric stability-dependent wind speed profiles: A case study on coastal location," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2189-2204.
- Cabello, M. & Orza, J.A.G., 2010. "Wind speed analysis in the province of Alicante, Spain. Potential for small-scale wind turbines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3185-3191, December.
More about this item
Keywords1/7th power law; Mediterranean; Malta;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:28:y:2003:i:4:p:647-653. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.