Integral approach to energy planning and electric grid assessment in a renewable energy technology integration for a 50/50 target applied to a small island
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gils, Hans Christian & Simon, Sonja, 2017. "Carbon neutral archipelago – 100% renewable energy supply for the Canary Islands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 342-355.
- Khoodaruth, A. & Oree, V. & Elahee, M.K. & Clark, Woodrow W., 2017. "Exploring options for a 100% renewable energy system in Mauritius by 2050," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 38-49.
- Shafiullah, G.M., 2016. "Hybrid renewable energy integration (HREI) system for subtropical climate in Central Queensland, Australia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 1034-1053.
- Javier Mendoza-Vizcaino & Andreas Sumper & Samuel Galceran-Arellano, 2017. "PV, Wind and Storage Integration on Small Islands for the Fulfilment of the 50-50 Renewable Electricity Generation Target," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-29, May.
- Simoes, Sofia & Nijs, Wouter & Ruiz, Pablo & Sgobbi, Alessandra & Thiel, Christian, 2017. "Comparing policy routes for low-carbon power technology deployment in EU – an energy system analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 353-365.
- Gioutsos, Dean Marcus & Blok, Kornelis & van Velzen, Leonore & Moorman, Sjoerd, 2018. "Cost-optimal electricity systems with increasing renewable energy penetration for islands across the globe," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 437-449.
- Taliotis, Constantinos & Taibi, Emanuele & Howells, Mark & Rogner, Holger & Bazilian, Morgan & Welsch, Manuel, 2017. "Renewable energy technology integration for the island of Cyprus: A cost-optimization approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 31-41.
- Bordin, Chiara & Anuta, Harold Oghenetejiri & Crossland, Andrew & Gutierrez, Isabel Lascurain & Dent, Chris J. & Vigo, Daniele, 2017. "A linear programming approach for battery degradation analysis and optimization in offgrid power systems with solar energy integration," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 417-430.
- Dufo-López, Rodolfo & Cristóbal-Monreal, Iván R. & Yusta, José M., 2016. "Stochastic-heuristic methodology for the optimisation of components and control variables of PV-wind-diesel-battery stand-alone systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 919-935.
- Adefarati, T. & Bansal, R.C., 2017. "Reliability and economic assessment of a microgrid power system with the integration of renewable energy resources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 206(C), pages 911-933.
- Obi, Manasseh & Jensen, S.M. & Ferris, Jennifer B. & Bass, Robert B., 2017. "Calculation of levelized costs of electricity for various electrical energy storage systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 908-920.
- Sigrist, L. & Lobato, E. & Rouco, L. & Gazzino, M. & Cantu, M., 2017. "Economic assessment of smart grid initiatives for island power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 403-415.
- Adefarati, T. & Bansal, R.C., 2017. "Reliability assessment of distribution system with the integration of renewable distributed generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 158-171.
- Kwon, Sunghoon & Won, Wangyun & Kim, Jiyong, 2016. "A superstructure model of an isolated power supply system using renewable energy: Development and application to Jeju Island, Korea," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 177-188.
- Meschede, Henning & Holzapfel, Peter & Kadelbach, Florian & Hesselbach, Jens, 2016. "Classification of global island regarding the opportunity of using RES," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 251-258.
- Sándor Szabó & Ioannis Kougias & Magda Moner-Girona & Katalin Bódis, 2015. "Sustainable Energy Portfolios for Small Island States," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-19, September.
- Shang, Ce & Srinivasan, Dipti & Reindl, Thomas, 2016. "Generation-scheduling-coupled battery sizing of stand-alone hybrid power systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 671-682.
- Blechinger, P. & Cader, C. & Bertheau, P. & Huyskens, H. & Seguin, R. & Breyer, C., 2016. "Global analysis of the techno-economic potential of renewable energy hybrid systems on small islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 674-687.
- Ali, Liaqat & Shahnia, Farhad, 2017. "Determination of an economically-suitable and sustainable standalone power system for an off-grid town in Western Australia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 243-254.
- Muruganantham, B. & Gnanadass, R. & Padhy, N.P., 2017. "Challenges with renewable energy sources and storage in practical distribution systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 125-134.
- Sheng, L. & Zhou, Z. & Charpentier, J.F. & Benbouzid, M.E.H., 2017. "Stand-alone island daily power management using a tidal turbine farm and an ocean compressed air energy storage system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 286-294.
- Taibi, Emanuele & Gualberti, Giorgio & Bazilian, Morgan & Gielen, Dolf, 2016. "A framework for technology cooperation to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy in Pacific Island Countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 778-790.
- Salehin, Sayedus & Ferdaous, M. Tanvirul & Chowdhury, Ridhwan M. & Shithi, Sumaia Shahid & Rofi, M.S.R. Bhuiyan & Mohammed, Mahir Asif, 2016. "Assessment of renewable energy systems combining techno-economic optimization with energy scenario analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 729-741.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shi, Yu & Eze, Chika & Xiong, Binyu & He, Weidong & Zhang, Han & Lim, T.M. & Ukil, A. & Zhao, Jiyun, 2019. "Recent development of membrane for vanadium redox flow battery applications: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(C), pages 202-224.
- Dincer, Hasan & Yuksel, Serhat, 2019. "Balanced scorecard-based analysis of investment decisions for the renewable energy alternatives: A comparative analysis based on the hybrid fuzzy decision-making approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 1259-1270.
More about this item
KeywordsElectrical networking planning; Energy planning; Grid assessment; Hybrid system; Small island; Renewable energy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:233-234:y:2019:i::p:524-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.