Cost-optimal electricity systems with increasing renewable energy penetration for islands across the globe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demiroren, A. & Yilmaz, U., 2010. "Analysis of change in electric energy cost with using renewable energy sources in Gökceada, Turkey: An island example," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 323-333, January.
- Meschede, Henning & Holzapfel, Peter & Kadelbach, Florian & Hesselbach, Jens, 2016. "Classification of global island regarding the opportunity of using RES," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 251-258.
- Senjyu, Tomonobu & Hayashi, Daisuke & Yona, Atsushi & Urasaki, Naomitsu & Funabashi, Toshihisa, 2007. "Optimal configuration of power generating systems in isolated island with renewable energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1917-1933.
- Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier & Moreno-Piquero, Juan Carlos & Ramos-Henriquez, Jose Manuel, 2007. "The effects of introducing natural gas in the Canary Islands for electricity generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3925-3935, July.
- Cosentino, Valentina & Favuzza, Salvatore & Graditi, Giorgio & Ippolito, Mariano Giuseppe & Massaro, Fabio & Riva Sanseverino, Eleonora & Zizzo, Gaetano, 2012. "Smart renewable generation for an islanded system. Technical and economic issues of future scenarios," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 196-204.
- Diaf, S. & Notton, G. & Belhamel, M. & Haddadi, M. & Louche, A., 2008. "Design and techno-economical optimization for hybrid PV/wind system under various meteorological conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(10), pages 968-987, October.
- Kaldellis, J. K. & Kavadias, K. A., 2001. "Optimal wind-hydro solution for Aegean Sea islands' electricity-demand fulfilment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 333-354, December.
- Baños, R. & Manzano-Agugliaro, F. & Montoya, F.G. & Gil, C. & Alcayde, A. & Gómez, J., 2011. "Optimization methods applied to renewable and sustainable energy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 1753-1766, May.
- Chua, K.J. & Yang, W.M. & Er, S.S. & Ho, C.A., 2014. "Sustainable energy systems for a remote island community," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1752-1763.
- Gils, Hans Christian & Simon, Sonja, 2017. "Carbon neutral archipelago – 100% renewable energy supply for the Canary Islands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 342-355.
- Zhao, Bo & Zhang, Xuesong & Li, Peng & Wang, Ke & Xue, Meidong & Wang, Caisheng, 2014. "Optimal sizing, operating strategy and operational experience of a stand-alone microgrid on Dongfushan Island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1656-1666.
- Selosse, Sandrine & Garabedian, Sabine & Ricci, Olivia & Maïzi, Nadia, 2018. "The renewable energy revolution of reunion island," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 99-105.
- Deshmukh, M.K. & Deshmukh, S.S., 2008. "Modeling of hybrid renewable energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 235-249, January.
- Blechinger, P. & Cader, C. & Bertheau, P. & Huyskens, H. & Seguin, R. & Breyer, C., 2016. "Global analysis of the techno-economic potential of renewable energy hybrid systems on small islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 674-687.
- Ng, Kong Soon & Moo, Chin-Sien & Chen, Yi-Ping & Hsieh, Yao-Ching, 2009. "Enhanced coulomb counting method for estimating state-of-charge and state-of-health of lithium-ion batteries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1506-1511, September.
- Yue, Cheng-Dar & Chen, Chung-Sheng & Lee, Yu-Chen, 2016. "Integration of optimal combinations of renewable energy sources into the energy supply of Wang-An Island," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 930-942.
- Kuang, Yonghong & Zhang, Yongjun & Zhou, Bin & Li, Canbing & Cao, Yijia & Li, Lijuan & Zeng, Long, 2016. "A review of renewable energy utilization in islands," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 504-513.
- Katsaprakakis, Dimitris Al. & Papadakis, Nikos & Kozirakis, George & Minadakis, Yiannis & Christakis, Dimitris & Kondaxakis, Konstantinos, 2009. "Electricity supply on the island of Dia based on renewable energy sources (R.E.S.)," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 516-527, April.
- Bajpai, Prabodh & Dash, Vaishalee, 2012. "Hybrid renewable energy systems for power generation in stand-alone applications: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2926-2939.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tabar, Vahid Sohrabi & Abbasi, Vahid, 2019. "Energy management in microgrid with considering high penetration of renewable resources and surplus power generation problem," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Meschede, Henning & Esparcia, Eugene A. & Holzapfel, Peter & Bertheau, Paul & Ang, Rosario C. & Blanco, Ariel C. & Ocon, Joey D., 2019. "On the transferability of smart energy systems on off-grid islands using cluster analysis – A case study for the Philippine archipelago," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Fan, Jing-Li & Wang, Jia-Xing & Hu, Jia-Wei & Wang, Yu & Zhang, Xian, 2019. "Optimization of China’s provincial renewable energy installation plan for the 13th five-year plan based on renewable portfolio standards," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Daniele Fiaschi & Giampaolo Manfrida & Karolina Petela & Lorenzo Talluri, 2019. "Thermo-Electric Energy Storage with Solar Heat Integration: Exergy and Exergo-Economic Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-21, February.
- Bertheau, Paul & Cader, Catherina, 2019. "Electricity sector planning for the Philippine islands: Considering centralized and decentralized supply options," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Maryori C. Díaz-Ramírez & Víctor J. Ferreira & Tatiana García-Armingol & Ana María López-Sabirón & Germán Ferreira, 2020. "Environmental Assessment of Electrochemical Energy Storage Device Manufacturing to Identify Drivers for Attaining Goals of Sustainable Materials 4.0," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Mazzoni, Stefano & Ooi, Sean & Nastasi, Benedetto & Romagnoli, Alessandro, 2019. "Energy storage technologies as techno-economic parameters for master-planning and optimal dispatch in smart multi energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Javed, Muhammad Shahzad & Zhong, Dan & Ma, Tao & Song, Aotian & Ahmed, Salman, 2020. "Hybrid pumped hydro and battery storage for renewable energy based power supply system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 257(C).
- Mendoza-Vizcaino, Javier & Raza, Muhammad & Sumper, Andreas & Díaz-González, Francisco & Galceran-Arellano, Samuel, 2019. "Integral approach to energy planning and electric grid assessment in a renewable energy technology integration for a 50/50 target applied to a small island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 524-543.
- Linda Barelli & Gianni Bidini & Paolo Cherubini & Andrea Micangeli & Dario Pelosi & Carlo Tacconelli, 2019. "How Hybridization of Energy Storage Technologies Can Provide Additional Flexibility and Competitiveness to Microgrids in the Context of Developing Countries," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-22, August.
- Khawaja, Yara & Allahham, Adib & Giaouris, Damian & Patsios, Charalampos & Walker, Sara & Qiqieh, Issa, 2019. "An integrated framework for sizing and energy management of hybrid energy systems using finite automata," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 250(C), pages 257-272.
- Li, He & Liu, Pan & Guo, Shenglian & Ming, Bo & Cheng, Lei & Yang, Zhikai, 2019. "Long-term complementary operation of a large-scale hydro-photovoltaic hybrid power plant using explicit stochastic optimization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(C), pages 863-875.
More about this item
KeywordsCost optimization; Island energy systems; Hybrid power plants; Renewable electricity systems; Pumped-hydro storage; Lithium-ion battery storage;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:226:y:2018:i:c:p:437-449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.